Strange food preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange food preferences

This was fun to read. I don't think that I eat weird things I just have a lot of weird rituals and eat normal food in weird ways. Such as I prefer to pick off the toppings of my pizza and eat those first. I eat it all by layer, even licking off the sauce. Burritos I suck the filling out before I eat it, I got that from my mom.

Although I do like peanut butter and bacon bits on my pancakes! It's SSSOOO good.
    I also mix in bbq sauce into my mashed potatoes.
    Oh and in my family we put chips on our sandwiches and then smash the sandwich so you hear the chips crunch. Then eat it. Ok...I guess I am weird.

Comment

I'm starting to think avocados and sweet potatoes go with everything, including dessert.

Comment

MMMmmm I love avocado too. Sweet potatoes do go with everything! I made sweet potato cakes for dinner the other night!

Comment

There are some good vegan ice cream recipes where you can add avocado and banana, along with other fruits....I'm not vegan but I still love it!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            There are some good vegan ice cream recipes where you can add avocado and banana, along with other fruits....I'm not vegan but I still love it!
            The Filipinos at my job bring in this fantastic taro root ice cream - it's called 'ube' & it's purple. I was skeptical about eating anything that looked as unnatural as ube ice cream does, but it's really good. It's not overly sweet & has a fragrant earthiness similar to good green tea ice cream. Actually, ube & green tea ice creams go really well together
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I like to dip my french fries in my milkshake. I'll put frank's red hot sauce on just about any meat or soup. My dad puts peanut butter on everything
              They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
              Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
              -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Ooh, I thought of another one.. I sometimes eat frozen peas (still frozen) in a bowl with a teaspoon. It's a great quick snack in the summer. ^^
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

^I do that with corn and grapes
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    ^I do that with corn and grapes
                    Never tried corn but I think I'll give it a shot. I almost included that I also like frozen grapes, but then I thought that might not be weird.

---------- Post added 05-13-2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-12-2012 at 11:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by Velmora View Post
                    Oh and in my family we put chips on our sandwiches and then smash the sandwich so you hear the chips crunch. Then eat it. Ok...I guess I am weird.
                    Oh my mum used to make us sandwiches like that, only they were with beetroot too. Pickled beetroot and crisp sandwhiches.. usually in a bun.. gosh that takes me back ^^
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I like Mac N Cheese with crunched up fritos on top with hot sauce and (When available) bacon.

Comment

I used to love sandwiches with BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, peanut butter, vegemite, mayo and olives. I'm also keen on honey and mayo on ANZAC biscuits, chilli sauce on icecream, icing on icecream, and hot potato chips on burgers. I also eat my burgers weirdly according to my friends. I'll take the chicken off the burger, wipe the mayo off the chicken and eat the lettuce and mayo (without leaving any mayo on the bun), then I eat the bun. I get kinda, I guess, freaked out, about eating a burger as a whole burger, haha.

~Dressagegirl.19.Female.Student.Pagan~

Comment

I do not find this odd but alot of people do. I eat raw meat. Beef, fish, and game ...mmm good suff. But i do get checked for things once every 3 months or so. I love a good Elk heart.

I do not eat raw pork or bird meats.

Comment

Working...
                          X