Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

What trait do you exhibit that is contrary to your religion?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sweet! Another one of those 'think about it' questions!!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I think one trait would be my lack of reverence or worship on a regular basis. At one time, I was doing some sort of 'rite' more than once a day. I'm pretty regularly hitting about once or twice a month, nowadays. At most. I'm just not too sure if that's contrary, anymore. I mean, to be brutally honest, it's MY religion ('religion' might be a strong word) and it's pretty fluid. It changes right along with me.

Where the contradictions all come from, though, is the parent religions, that I sort of stole my ideas from. I deviate from those religions an awful lot to make them work together with scientific understanding, personal understanding and philosophy, all within a logical (that is, what I would use as logic ) universe. Not too many of them are amenable to such modification of their dogma.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Although not currently my religious practice, one of the 'codes' I was supposed to follow when I was Wiccan, was to 'speak little, listen much'. Bah, I couldn't shut up if my life depended on it. Need to get a word in edge ways? Then ram your foot in my mouth, otherwise, you have no chance.

I'm currently studying the kama sutra and blending it, and some other Hindu ideas, with my current religious practice. However, my body is quite clearly NOT a temple.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm completely citified. When people talk about ancient hunters, gatherers or farmers, I'm all "What about Athens? Rome? Londinium? Cairo? Alexandria? The cities of Phoenicia? Bustling port cities full of trade and temple prostitutes?" I like nature in its proper place - outside.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'm nice
            blahblah

Comment

Since I'm claiming Jedi, I'm overly attached to a number of things that I should let go of.
              Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hrm...as an Atheist I find it a bit hypocritical of myself to still feel bad when I do something that would normally warrant a karmic backlash...then again, I feel ripped off if I don't get the good karma either, so you get two for the price of one

Comment

Contrary to most sterotypes...I get ill after 1-2 drinks, so I stop before I regret it. So much for breaking out the ale!
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I haven't killed anyone, yet.
                    [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                      I haven't killed anyone, yet.
                      Wait, wait, wait. Aren't you in the business of *saving* lives? What gives, here?

Kidding.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        Wait, wait, wait. Aren't you in the business of *saving* lives? What gives, here?

Kidding.
                        No, he's in the business of saving souls...lives aren't important as long as the soul is saved!

Comment

To the opposite gender child:
                          I'm not sure. I feel that if my child wanted to dress the opposite gender, I would be okay with that. And I think I would like to give my child a unisex name to start with... though I'm really fond of the name Nova for a girl. But going to the extreme of medical treatment to encourage that? I don't think I would be okay with that.

What do I do that's opposite of my religious beliefs?
                          I try to define religion. I don't believe it's possible because I believe that the human body's limitations don't allow us to completely understand what is out there, and yet I still try. I guess I do so because I want to be able to have some sort of practice or devotion and something to look toward, but accepting that I can't understand that something is difficult for me.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I don't pray as much as I should. My overall views are pretty nihilistic in nature even when in general my faith is finding meaning in everything. I change myself to situations rather than being myself all the time
                            They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                            Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                            -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Do the clothes you wear to work or school reflect your personality, or are they a 'costume' to fit into the image of who your boss/colleagues/teachers expect you to be?

Comment

Do the clothes you wear to work or school reflect your personality, or are they a 'costume' to fit into the image of who your boss/colleagues/teachers expect you to be?
                                I have a hideous brown wool-blend uniform. Whoever approved wool for Las Vegas needs to die. They are ill-fitting garments on top of it all, not made for people with any curve whatsoever, or short people, and definitely not short curvy people. We all look ridiculous & slightly seedy. Which I suppose matches the overall motif of the creepy hotel where I work.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X