Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Name three people (dead or alive) that have influenced the way you are.
    My mother, my father, and Aleister Crowley.

Or as my therapist put it: "Yes, yes, it's old news that people's parents screw them up. But where did the rest of the screwed up stuff come from?!"
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

My mom, my grandfather and my kids (since they are both half-pints, they count as one person still )
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Only three?

One I grew up with, one I lived with once, and Jacqueline Carey. Yeah.

Mostly art.

Comment

My mother, my cousin, and my first bassoon instructor.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

What is the current song to your life?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

While journaling I assigned this to myself as homework.

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Comment

'Current' being the key word...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Current? Unwritten by Natasha Bedinfield
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

If you ate school lunches as a kid, what menu item did you most dread seeing on the week's menu list? Or, if you more often brought a lunch from home, what did you hope wasn't inside your lunchbox or bag when you opened it up? What made this item so revolting for you?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If you ate school lunches as a kid, what menu item did you most dread seeing on the week's menu list? Or, if you more often brought a lunch from home, what did you hope wasn't inside your lunchbox or bag when you opened it up? What made this item so revolting for you?
                        I loathe tomatoes & all things tomato-ey, so while everyone else was cheering about pizza, spaghetti & lasagne, I was hoping no one noticed me not eating it or giving it all away. Blegh. Marinara sauce is disgusting, but school marinaras are the worst by far. My home lunches consisted of either peanut butter & jelly or a ham sandwich, depending on the season. PB&J for Spring into Summer & early Autumn, ham for Winter. I was pretty 'meh' on the whole brown bag thing. All in all, it was a relief to go into junior high with totally unregulated lunch breaks. None of us ate, we all just tried to get as far away from the people we didn't like as humanly possible.

Comment

I guess I'd have to say any kind of meat. Not that my mum ever made me eat it, but sometimes other kid's parent's would try to encourage me (people in NE England were less tolerant/understanding of vegetarians when I was a kid, and either thought I was doomed to malnutrition, or for some reason, would become obese from eating all that cheese, as some people even now seem to think all vegetarians are fat cheese addicts).

I hated meat because I had, and I guess still have, a repulsion to anything dead. I've mentioned it before but, show me any animal, with the exception of centipedes*, and I'll think it is adorable, but show me the same animal dead, and I won't be able to look at it**. As a kid, I couldn't make any distinction between a dead wood pigeon on the roadside, and a nice piece of chicken breast in bread crums (according to some of the more obscure book titles I've seen, neither can some chefs apparently). Dead was dead and the idea of eating that dead thing was as revolting to me as licking dog poo.

* Scolipede, being the only exception to this exception. Scolipede is quite cute.

** The exception here of course being reanimation of said dead animal with some form of zombification, in which case, its former cuteness is reinstated. Sure, I'd run for my life from a zombie, but I'd run from a hungry tiger too: it doesn't stop me admiring either for their grace and beauty. I swear, if I could afford the therapy....
                          Last edited by Jembru; 27 May 2012, 13:31. Reason: Because 'affod' is not a word!
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I wasn't really a picky eater as a kid. My mom sometimes gave me salmon salad sandwiches, which I loved, but sometimes she got the kind with the bones and skin in it and it would have this crunchy consistency, and I hated that. I also got soup in a thermos a lot, and I loved it, but the other kids made fun of me for brining it (they thought it was weird).

Comment

I hated a lot of what my school offered simply because it either was spoiled or those all-purpose patties. It was disgusting and it was common for people to suffer food poisoning. In high school I would choose to go hungry then eat something at home. My brothers did the same thing for the same reason.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Homeschooled, so no school lunches. Usually leftovers or cheese and crackers for lunch because of that.

Not so bad most of the time(although I had a phase when I was 5 or 6 where I refused to eat cheese that hadn't been melted...drove my mom bananas). There are some things that reheat horribly...my dad was very fond of taking bread dough from a local bakery and filling it with mustard, catsup, and cooked ground beef, like some kind of unholy savory cinnamon roll
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X