Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

<---made my own lunch to take to school on the days I didn't like what was on the menu, from about 1st grade on
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
      ...my dad was very fond of taking bread dough from a local bakery and filling it with mustard, catsup, and cooked ground beef, like some kind of unholy savory cinnamon roll
      Oh. My. Gods.

My dad would do the exact same thing I miss those squishy beef rolls sometimes, lol.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Well I was a fat kid. So..I sorta liked lunch time! My mom made awesome burritos. But during Junior High, I didn't like fish days or the dreaded green tinted hamburgers. Bleh.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't really remember much about the school lunches. Grade school through junior high, I just ate what was put in front of me, plus anyone else's lunch, that they didn't want.

Oddly enough, I remember high school lunches very well: Bag lunches and bottled refreshments, not endorsed by the school and, in fact, quite illegal. Nothing quite like finishing the school day, drunk and/or stoned. Gods, I was an idiot, back then!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I absolutely hated salisbury steak days. Still can't stand salisbury steak.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              Oh. My. Gods.

My dad would do the exact same thing I miss those squishy beef rolls sometimes, lol.
              Holy cats, are you serious?! Buahahaha....oh, wow. Did your dad manage to get them cooked all the way? Part of what made them so gross to me was the very center of the roll always seemed undercooked. Gag.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                Holy cats, are you serious?! Buahahaha....oh, wow. Did your dad manage to get them cooked all the way? Part of what made them so gross to me was the very center of the roll always seemed undercooked. Gag.
                No, he'd make sure it was barely cooked, but it would be so juicy that the bread would turn back into this stretchy, doughy stuff stuck to the outside of the meat.

Of course, my dad would also butter a piece of bread, roll it into a small smushy ball & eat it like that. :P
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  If you ate school lunches as a kid, what menu item did you most dread seeing on the week's menu list? Or, if you more often brought a lunch from home, what did you hope wasn't inside your lunchbox or bag when you opened it up? What made this item so revolting for you?
                  My mother had a hard time getting me to EAT lunch, so what she sent to school with me was always inoffensive (to me) - bologna/cheese sandwich or a pbj, an apple, and a small bag of cookies. I took a thermos to school until I was about 9 (always milk)...my thermos' started leaking really bad after that, so I was given change to buy milk at school. Of course, by the time I was about 12 I was using that money for soda instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    If you ate school lunches as a kid, what menu item did you most dread seeing on the week's menu list? Or, if you more often brought a lunch from home, what did you hope wasn't inside your lunchbox or bag when you opened it up? What made this item so revolting for you?
                    I hated when they maked my school's special pasta salad with soya souce for school lunches. That was the worst! But I kinda liked the small french bread you could eat to the salad. hahah, we were told not to take more than one, but it seemed like those french bread were everyone's favorite, so it often happened that we took more than one... (or two... maybe three )
                    ~ flowers are our only garments
                    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Working...
                    X