Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting, without drugs

Hey guys

Okay so on occassion I will smoke "weed" or whatever you want to call it. I felt as though I was loved( I always feel loved but I mean love in all ways that cannot be explaine) , no judgement, didnt really questioned things but just knew and accepted for what everything was. I felt relaxed, and when I felt like this, it reminded me of the apsects of the divine, (like love, joy, happiness) there fore keeping me connected. As I closed my eyes, I had a random vision in my minds eye about me flying on a golden bird into a land of fire, and I had a thought come into my mind that said " The land of the Fire Spirits" I have recnetly found out I connect to the spiritual worlds through my minds eye instead of astral travel.

However I only do this once a month, or not even. A very rare thing.Since drugs are looked down upon by some/alot of people, and some think its an illusion and not really being connected (in my opinion I think the herb unlocks our mind and sets our vibrations to a part where we can recieve and experience the divine) I dont want to rely on drugs. (I will never touch any other drug in my life, like shrooms, or salvia. Only weed.)

Is there other ways to achieve this state of no judgement, all loving, not caring, being relaxed, and having visions? Like a vision quest? Maybe fasting? Meditation. Thanks and blessed be !!!

Re: Connecting, without drugs

Meditation and trance work seem to be your best bets. Good luck!
    Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

I have to agree with Just_Wondering. Meditation and trance work is the best - drug free - method of getting to an altered state of mind.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

The Gods created the entire universe and just so happened to bless us with some fantastic botanicals. I don't understand how the consumption of whatever chemical would negate any connection with the Gods or be seen as an illusion instead of seeing things through different lenses and moving through the wheels. It just makes no sense to me, I'm sorry. With this being said, trance always works best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses II View Post
          The Gods created the entire universe and just so happened to bless us with some fantastic botanicals. I don't understand how the consumption of whatever chemical would negate any connection with the Gods or be seen as an illusion instead of seeing things through different lenses and moving through the wheels. It just makes no sense to me, I'm sorry. With this being said, trance always works best for me.
          Sure we have botanicals, but we also have rocks, it doesn't mean we should smash people's heads in with them. It's personally against my beliefs to purposely do harm to anyone, including your own body. And having seen the harm drugs, even "just weed", can do not just to an individual's health, but to a family... well, I just can't condone it. Not to say this is what you should believe - just trying to explain my viewpoint.

That said, I don't think you're any less connected to the divine under the influence than you are normally. I also don't think you're any more connected. (On that note, good for you looking to cut down on drugs, OP.)
          Last edited by Gallifrey; 15 Jul 2012, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallifrey View Post
            Sure we have botanicals, but we also have rocks, it doesn't mean we should smash people's heads in with them. It's personally against my beliefs to purposely do harm to anyone, including your own body. And having seen the harm drugs, even "just weed", can do not just to an individual's health, but to a family... well, I just can't condone it.
            The same could be said with the over-consumption or misuse of anything. I've seen people eat themselves into diabetes, heart attacks and so on, am I to refrain eating? I also do firmly believe that various chemicals can lead to a higher connection with the divine. These are just my own opinions though and I won't derail further (sorry OP).

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses II View Post
              The same could be said with the over-consumption or misuse of anything. I've seen people eat themselves into diabetes, heart attacks and so on, am I to refrain eating? I also do firmly believe that various chemicals can lead to a higher connection with the divine. These are just my own opinions though and I won't derail further (sorry OP).
              Certainly not! You need an amount of food to stay healthy. You don't need any weed for your body to function - in fact, my point was that, in my view, any recreational drug use is over-consumption. Because it's proven to be unhealthy, and I don't personally believe that there is any benefit. But if you believe they do have a spiritual benefit, then sure, you may decide it's worth the risk in small amounts - but it's still a bit silly to compare recreational drugs to food, isn't it?

...Sorry, I did kind of derail there, yeah. Oops. I'm finished now too. I just needed to address that.

Comment

I got you mate, I'm gonna start a new thread. Carry on OP.

Comment

Another one for meditation and trance. Something like yoga or tai chi could help too.

Comment

Meditation, fasting, and other things that induce a trance-state have the same effects as many psychoactive and dissociative drugs in terms of being receptive to spiritual energies or experiences. But I think drugs are just as effective in inducing a trance state; I don't think there's anything wrong with them at all, and when used in moderation, I think it's a lot better than fasting. Meditation is, I think, superior to any of these; but largely due to the secondary benefits--stress relief and self-control.

Comment

Drugs open a lot of doors but close many more . Your higher self (you) is the one you cannot cheat and if drugs make the body to release your soul in the lower vibration, you are in the astral but you wont go to the core in the higher vibrational dimension ,because you must be invited by yourself when you are ready in this live or another and you will be ready when you can do it alone. whit only your will to do so
                      my opinion

Comment

breathing can help too. I do not do it often, but meditation and breathing control works pretty well for me. I have never tried any type of drug to reach an altered state of mind, for non recreational purposes, (no point in pretending I have never tried weed.) But I guess what works for you is what you need to do. people do plenty of more harmful things to themselves than weed. That said, it is still illegal in the US, so even if you don't avoid it for health reasons, there are legal ones... cept in certain states now...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Hey there Like you, I am an occasional weed smoker. I have had some very powerful experiences on marijuana and certain psychedelics that have been profound and life changing. I agree with Louisvillian in that I do not think there is anything wrong with drugs when they are used with respect, moderation, and, in the case of powerful psychedelics, a bit of caution. However, I completely agree that it is not good to totally rely on them for your connection. My advice is to start by getting more in touch with the innerworkings of your own mind. Start writing your dreams down, set some time aside to meditate every day, pay attention to your own thoughts and ask yourself why you have them, etc. It's also a good idea to get out in nature, if you can. Connecting with the natural world can open you up to some beautiful spiritual experiences. It wouldn't hurt to study some natural sciences like botany, astronomy, and biology. That's always given me a deeper, more fulfilling spiritual understanding/appreciation for what's going on around me and inside of me. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                            My advice is to start by getting more in touch with the innerworkings of your own mind. Start writing your dreams down, set some time aside to meditate every day, pay attention to your own thoughts and ask yourself why you have them, etc. It's also a good idea to get out in nature, if you can. Connecting with the natural world can open you up to some beautiful spiritual experiences. It wouldn't hurt to study some natural sciences like botany, astronomy, and biology. That's always given me a deeper, more fulfilling spiritual understanding/appreciation for what's going on around me and inside of me. Good luck
                            Great post!

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                            Another one for meditation and trance. Something like yoga or tai chi could help too.
                            I felt this way when I first started Yoga as well. Especially through Shavasana after a full sequence. I think there was quite a lot of lead up to that state, though. Be willing to put in some effort. The only times where I haven't had to work up to a state like that was in my very early christian days and others were praying with and for me. I feel there's a point in your spirituality when things stop getting dropped into your lap and you are expected to start putting your strength to use. Sounds like you're in that place right now and really wish you the best!

Comment

If I may bust in late in the thread here.

Mugwort, has been used for ages for dream work, astral projection, and lucid dreams. A lot of people claim to have had full face conversations with a god while dreaming. One out of their control, and they felt like they were actually talking to their gods. People also say they have had really detailed dreams that pointed them down some sort of road. The list goes on.

Mugwort can be smoked or drank in a tea. It can even be used as an incense.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.