• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadJellyfish
    replied
    Re: Meat Eaters are Horrible People

Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
    I agree. For me it's not about the fact that you kill the animal (which is done humanely wherever possible) but the manner in which they were kept while alive. I share your guilt of having to eat battery farmed animals, but free range and/or organic is so expensive :upset:
    Totally. They don't know they are going to be killed. They can live their whole life happily. And when they are killed (assuming it's done in the quickest and painless way possible) they don't even know what hit them.

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine
    replied

Originally posted by DeadJellyfish View Post
    I've always thought about that. I feel that as long as you treat the animal nicely and let them live a long life, it shouldn't matter if you kill them for food. Because that's pretty much what you're doing with plants. You're growing them with care and waiting until they grow to be the biggest, then you RIP THEM FROM THE GROUND AND DEVOUR THEM RAW.
    I agree. For me it's not about the fact that you kill the animal (which is done humanely wherever possible) but the manner in which they were kept while alive. I share your guilt of having to eat battery farmed animals, but free range and/or organic is so expensive :upset:

Leave a comment:

• DeadJellyfish
    replied

Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
    Since it's been shown that plants can feel pain, vegetarians are theoretically just as evil as meat-eaters. The difference is the things we eat have a face and make noise whereas plants just die quietly.
    I've always thought about that. I feel that as long as you treat the animal nicely and let them live a long life, it shouldn't matter if you kill them for food. Because that's pretty much what you're doing with plants. You're growing them with care and waiting until they grow to be the biggest, then you RIP THEM FROM THE GROUND AND DEVOUR THEM RAW.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    If you have even a tiny yard, get some chickens...
    Well, perhaps not all my life. I strive to live in a modest house with a decent amount of land in the back to grow my own fruits and vegetables, and perhaps have some pigs and chickens. And have enough to money to buy local organic products. But that doesn't seem possible in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by DeadJellyfish View Post
    Exactly. Not saying I would go vegetarian if I could, but I would at least want to eat free-range animals. I would want to buy meat from a local farm so I know they were treated humanely. But many of us simply don't have the money for that in this economy. I do feel bad sometimes knowing that the meat I'm eating probably came from an animal in a factory that was abused And even if they were not abused, it is likely the animal was not living a happy life. Even then, I love the taste of meat too much to NOT eat it. That's just something that I'm going to live with all my life.
    If you have even a tiny yard, get some chickens...

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine
    replied

Since it's been shown that plants can feel pain, vegetarians are theoretically just as evil as meat-eaters. The difference is the things we eat have a face and make noise whereas plants just die quietly.

Leave a comment:

• DeadJellyfish
    replied

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    Frankly in the current economic climate, I'll just eat what I can get....
    Exactly. Not saying I would go vegetarian if I could, but I would at least want to eat free-range animals. I would want to buy meat from a local farm so I know they were treated humanely. But many of us simply don't have the money for that in this economy. I do feel bad sometimes knowing that the meat I'm eating probably came from an animal in a factory that was abused And even if they were not abused, it is likely the animal was not living a happy life. Even then, I love the taste of meat too much to NOT eat it. That's just something that I'm going to live with all my life.

Leave a comment:

• Tylluan Penry
    replied

Frankly in the current economic climate, I'll just eat what I can get....

Leave a comment:

• nbdy
    replied

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    The sex crimes thing explains a lot though. I know that right after a Big Mac I can hardly wait before raping somebody. I usually wait a full hour, though, so as to avoid cramps.
    ROTFL (and more stuff so I can post)

- - - Updated - - -

Vegetarianism requires the belief that the death of many carrots is less important than the death of a rabbit. We are animals and continuing to live means .... something is going to die.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkana night
    replied

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I think I get what you're saying. What you eat or don't eat doesn't make you a horrible person. You could be horrible or not horrible, and it isn't decided by your food choices.
    Yes, thanks for understanding!

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
    I didn't say you can't be healthy if you don't eat meat, I just think it's silly blaming meat-eating people for being horrible, when people have ate meat since all time...
    No, you're right. It is silly. I think hardcore vegans (the ones that won't USE animal products either - ie: wool, honey, beeswax, leather) are retarded. They have their right to feel that way, but I just think it's silly.

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
    People are horrible in general, but I don't think you'll make it any better by not eating meat.... Well, some persons could stop eating that cow, but not all. If we get taste of it, we eat it. That's horrible, but you'll still be a human if you don't eat meat.

Sorry, I can't explain my point of view better, my horrible english skills don't allow me. So Sorry.
    I think I get what you're saying. What you eat or don't eat doesn't make you a horrible person. You could be horrible or not horrible, and it isn't decided by your food choices.

Leave a comment:

• Maria de Luna
    replied

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
    By that logic we should live in caves too.

I eat meat, I just admit to being horrible.
    I eat meat, and for the most part am totally not horrible, (though a case could be made for me being the occasional a******)

Leave a comment:

• Sarkana night
    replied

People are horrible in general, but I don't think you'll make it any better by not eating meat.... Well, some persons could stop eating that cow, but not all. If we get taste of it, we eat it. That's horrible, but you'll still be a human if you don't eat meat.

Sorry, I can't explain my point of view better, my horrible english skills don't allow me. So Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

By that logic we should live in caves too.

I eat meat, I just admit to being horrible.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkana night
    replied

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I see your point, but there are more ways to have a balanced diet than by eating meat. What does meat contain? Vitamins, nutrients, fats, and proteins. I can replace meat with those things. B12, healthy fats, iron, protein in the form of legumes, beans, grains. A proper vegetarian diet is no more imbalanced than a proper 'healthy' meat eating diet. It's only those crazy vegetarians who live off pub food and whatnot that really suffer. But then again, a meat-eater could have a poor diet, too.

It's about the choices we make.
    I didn't say you can't be healthy if you don't eat meat, I just think it's silly blaming meat-eating people for being horrible, when people have ate meat since all time...

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

I think the best diet in terms of health would be a good vegan diet plus some fish. The problem with a vegan diet is the lack of vitamin b12. You can get a good source vitamin b12 from certain fish. Obviously if you eat fish you are no longer a vegan but pescetarian (fish eater) usually refers to someone who includes dairy in their diet and dairy isn't very healthy despite what the milk industry might say. So we need a new term pescegan.

Red meat is very unhealthy.

Humans are built to mostly eat insects and fruit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X