• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volcaniclastic
    replied
    Re: Meat Eaters are Horrible People

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
    Uhm... what's wrong with eating meat now??? Humans've been eating meat since all time!! It's a part of being human, I don't see why people shouldn't eat meat as well as vegetables. Balanced diet is good for your health!
    I see your point, but there are more ways to have a balanced diet than by eating meat. What does meat contain? Vitamins, nutrients, fats, and proteins. I can replace meat with those things. B12, healthy fats, iron, protein in the form of legumes, beans, grains. A proper vegetarian diet is no more imbalanced than a proper 'healthy' meat eating diet. It's only those crazy vegetarians who live off pub food and whatnot that really suffer. But then again, a meat-eater could have a poor diet, too.

It's about the choices we make.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkana night
    replied

Uhm... what's wrong with eating meat now??? Humans've been eating meat since all time!! It's a part of being human, I don't see why people shouldn't eat meat as well as vegetables. Balanced diet is good for your health!

Leave a comment:

• Maria de Luna
    replied

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
    Not exactly as famous as Hitler. They've heard of him in Wales.

Vegetarians/Vegans can probably eat people without breaking their convictions, if those people give permission.
    This is an interresting point, I will have to ask the sister-in-law how she thinks :P
    Meanwhile, could all the vegans please pass me their cows, pigs, chickens and so forth? I'm feeling slightly peckish and it has been a few days since I have "cheated, lied, forgotten a promise, said bad words, stolen, fought, turned to violence, or committed a sex crime," and I think it is time to shake things up!

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

Not exactly as famous as Hitler. They've heard of him in Wales.

Vegetarians/Vegans can probably eat people without breaking their convictions, if those people give permission.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    For the record, I would not eat Hitler. German food is too heavy. Three days later & you're still not hungry.
    LMAO!!!!!!

I've cut back on store bought fish due to the radiation concern, and on store bought meat for several reasons. Luckily, here, I can get some home raised meat.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    Yes, meat eaters are horrible and vegetarians are great.... um.... like Hitler???
    But on the other hand, if Jeffrey Dahmer* had been a vegetarian, nobody would remember his name today...

*famous American serial killer who killed 17 people and ate several parts of several of them, with A1 Steak Sauce as a tasty condiment, in case you don't have guys like this in Wales.

Leave a comment:

• Ophidia
    replied

Yes, meat eaters are horrible and vegetarians are great.... um.... like Hitler???
    For the record, I would not eat Hitler. German food is too heavy. Three days later & you're still not hungry.

Leave a comment:

• Juniper
    replied

Cake or death!
    Um, cake please.
    Well, we're out of cake!
    So my choice is "or death?"... I'll have the chicken then.
    Next! Cake or death!
    I'll have the vegetarian.
    Ah yes, here you are Mr. Hitler.

Leave a comment:

• Tylluan Penry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    I'm of southern blood, so we'uns eat whatever runs slow enough to catch. Including winded vegetarians.
    I'm not a vegetarian, but this is why I'm a heavy smoker.

I may get winded, somebody may catch me, somebody may eat me, but I'll still kill 'em - from the inside.

:eeevil:

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

Herbivores taste better. That's why I date a Vegan.

Leave a comment:

• Ophidia
    replied

For all you puny vegetarians, I will make up for what meat you don't eat. Herbivores were put on earth to process tough grasses and plants into protein more efficiently than carnivores can, and to pass it on to us carnivores in the form of soft, tender, flavorful, nutrient-and-energy rich meat.

I'm of southern blood, so we'uns eat whatever runs slow enough to catch. Including winded vegetarians.

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

I'm not a meat-eater, but I'm pretty content to let you all eat steak. Hell, eat my portion too. Eat all the cows.

Except the ones in India. They will take offense.

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

The way I see it

Evil = Choice + Harm + Empathy

So if you are capable of having empathy with an animal and still choose to eat it then you are commiting an act of evil. However commiting one act of evil does not automatically mean that you will commit others and refraining from one act of evil does not automatically mean that you will refrain from others.

With my definition of evil, most of us will be a bit evil and the important thing is finding the balance that is right for you, so that you can live with yourself.

For the record I eat meat but I don't eat it every day and I avoid eating baby animals like lambs. I drink soy milk at home, cows milk at work.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

Wow! I have issues with people who profess to love animals and then blithely order veal, but I wouldn't call them "horrible". Today's mass market food supply has many problems.

But I'm staying far, far away from those Big Mac eaters!!!!! LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X