You will regret reading this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You will regret reading this.

I don't think I even want to see it... I'll just read the responses and generally get the idea. ^^

Comment

The more I think about it - this guy could probably win on Chopped.

Yeah, I'm going to Hell.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
        I don't think so much of a bad person as much as desensitized, which in and of itself is alarming. Seriously, let's look at how many people are actually shocked by this.
        Shocked, no. Surprised, maybe.

But...look at the cult of Cybele.

People used to do stuff like this for gods, now they do it for money.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think I should read it... because I'm not my own computer, so I'm afraid the real owner can see what I've been reading.... But you're really making me curious! Now I really want to read it!
          ~ flowers are our only garments
          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
            I don't think I should read it... because I'm not my own computer, so I'm afraid the real owner can see what I've been reading.... But you're really making me curious! Now I really want to read it!
            Delete the browsing history when you are done!, unless it is a work computer, then that stuff is logged...

I just don't know how much meal the 5 diners actually had... splitting even some of the larger sets of "junk" I have seen would be pretty poor fare to split between 5 people. His plating and garnish could use some work too. Also, how does someone know what the flavor profile on a meat like that is going to be? Or do we just assume it will taste like other forms of offal?
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Shocked, no. Surprised, maybe.

But...look at the cult of Cybele.

People used to do stuff like this for gods, now they do it for money.
              I think it was more of a statement thing. The chef is a self described asexual (nonsexual). There is not much more you can do to show contempt for your sexuality than by cutting off the physical symbol of sexuality, cooking it, and feeding it to strangers.

You will not find a whole hell of a lot of men who are willing to loose their junk for ANY amount of money. Straight, gay, I even imagine that trannies want *something* down there. What women have always suspected to be true is true - men think largely with their gonads. I want money because they find it entertaining - having vast quantities of money without "the boys" wouldn't be any fun whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              Or do we just assume it will taste like other forms of offal?
              Offal?

Maria de Luna, you cut me to the quick...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You know what's funny? I finally got curious and looked at the pics, and, as a vegetarian, it just didn't look like food to me. I could have been seeing pork, or something else.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  You know what's funny? I finally got curious and looked at the pics, and, as a vegetarian, it just didn't look like food to me. I could have been seeing pork, or something else.
                  It really didn't look like much of anything to me, we were even sitting there trying to identify the parts we were looking at... we were largely unsuccessful.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Offal?

Maria de Luna, you cut me to the quick...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :P

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

It really didn't look like much of anything to me, we were even sitting there trying to identify the parts we were looking at... we were largely unsuccessful.
                    I wonder if the foreskin was a special treat for somebody. Unless he was circumcised (notice the clever way I'm connecting this subject to the subject of another popular thread...), in which case, somebody got cheated.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      I wonder if the foreskin was a special treat for somebody. Unless he was circumcised (notice the clever way I'm connecting this subject to the subject of another popular thread...), in which case, somebody got cheated.
                      This is how I picture this meal progressing, please don't hate me...

"Could you please pass the nutts?"
                      "Why certainly! There are ample here! I was wondering actually if I could sample the shaft?"
                      "It's a little dry actually, I think it needs some sauce..."

(I'm Sorry)

~Jim Butcher

Comment

This is how I picture this meal progressing, please don't hate me...

"Could you please pass the nutts?"
                        BWAHAHAHAH!

Quick! Somebody ask Jembru how to say "Please pass the nuts" in Japanese.

Comment

Well,meat is meat. Ever hear of Rocky mountain oysters? The concern is mostly that it is HUMAN meat I think...."Fine young cannibals" popped into my head...Lyrics to "She drives me crazy"

For those not inclined to following the link.

"I can't stop the way I feel
                          Things you do don't seem real

Tell me what you've got in mind
                          'Cause we're runnin' out of time
                          Won't you ever set me free
                          This waiting round is killing me

She drives me crazy
                          Like no one else
                          She drives me crazy
                          I can't help myself

I can't get any rest
                          People say I'm obsessed
                          Everything you say is lies
                          But to me there's no surprise
                          What I had for you was true
                          Things go wrong, they always do"

Strangely these words seem to fit. Substitute it for she.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

After reading this thread, I don't have to look at the link! I don't eat organ meat (pun not originally intended, but it is what it is) so this seems gross to me on several levels!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I dunno, I've been eating gibblett gravy since I was too small to know why we used the word gibblett, doesn't seem that far away if you ask me... ya know, cept its people...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

I crave liver once in a great while, that's about it for organ meats. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X