X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heh, Fox News is at it again

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
    and Fox has a huge viewership
    But its a huge and SHRINKING viewership...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      But its a huge and SHRINKING viewership...

Love the article. Especially this:

Don't people watch Fox in order to become misinformed?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Fox's latest Nielsen numbers are bad. Really bad. Its worst in 12 years. And early indications are the slump may be part of a larger, systemic problem that could cause bigger headache as fast-climbing MSNBC continues to post gains.
        Definitely some good news
        MSNBC may not be perfect, either, of course- just about any mainstream news station is going to have its biases and sensationalist moments- but it's certainly better than Fox.

Comment

I am not really surprised at this,the right tends to try and find scapegoats even if there is no basis in fact. I am surprised that they have not tried to say that Obama is not Christian but really Pagan,and was born and delivered by a witch or something. They need to stir up the S*it anyway they can,and are not concerned with truth or facts in their quest.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I will never understand the thinking behind the demand for an apology. Whenever anyone says anything that isn't PC or that happens to offend someone, there will be a group of people somewhere bouncing up and down and screaming "Make them apologize!" Do they actually believe that a forced apology means something or it is a form of public humiliation?
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Whenever a celebrity or otherwise notable person/group/organization does something like this the problem is not that they are bigoted or ignorant, but that they are spreading disinformation and/or encouraging discriminatory behaviour.

Such an apology would thus not about changing viewpoints, behaviours, opinions, or whathaveyou, of the person/group in question but rather of their fans.

People in the limelight have influence, and that can be a serious problem when it's a negative one. More so when it involves things that are relatively unknown to the general public.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

OMG, this was fricking awesome!!
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                  Whenever a celebrity or otherwise notable person/group/organization does something like this the problem is not that they are bigoted or ignorant, but that they are spreading disinformation and/or encouraging discriminatory behaviour.

Such an apology would thus not about changing viewpoints, behaviours, opinions, or whathaveyou, of the person/group in question but rather of their fans.

People in the limelight have influence, and that can be a serious problem when it's a negative one. More so when it involves things that are relatively unknown to the general public.
                  I can understand that, but at least in the case of Fox News, I would think that a forced apology would fall on deaf ears. The people who want to hear said apology already know what exactly was wrong with what they said; the actual fans of Fox News would know that the apology was empty and continue their way of thinking.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    The last few paragraphs were dynamite. Great article, thanks for sharing it

Comment

I was just pointing out that good can actually come out of such an apology, or at the very least less bad. As you said, perhaps not in this case.

I don't really see much of a point in forcing an apology either. That just leads to the "front page slander, twelfth page retraction" situation anyway.

Optimally they should recognize that they have made a mistake and put in a real effort to correct it. I wouldn't hold my breath either way.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

More lol from bloggers
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm with Rafe for the most part. Initially, I was offended. It gives us a bad image, and dealing with discrimination sucks. I'm not in the closet, but I'm not really out of it, either. I practice my faith, and if someone happens to notice, we have a conversation about it.

But I'm like that because as a teen I tried to be open about it, and I got made fun of for being a gothy emo kid who worshipped satan (which entirely wasn't even an image I was projecting). People are assholes.

But then again, it's Fox News, and I'm Canadian. The only reason I even know it exists is because of the Simpsons.

Mostly art.

Comment

Fortunately, we don't live in Nepal...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              o.o Some grade A crazy, right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                                I will never understand the thinking behind the demand for an apology. Whenever anyone says anything that isn't PC or that happens to offend someone, there will be a group of people somewhere bouncing up and down and screaming "Make them apologize!" Do they actually believe that a forced apology means something or it is a form of public humiliation?
                                Clive you are one of the few people who have this viewpoint in this situation. very few. nothing wrong with your view. but just stating what i am observing. i would say 80-90% are not of this viewpoint.

This was first brought to my attention from an outraged Satanist. not an outraged Pagan or Wiccan so i took notice. signed a petition for the apology. and i am currently looking at the people posting just hit the 4800 mark. and not all of the people signing it are Pagan or Wiccan. some are Christian.

As for my view. enough is enough with their garbage spew. this was the straw that broke the camel's back with Faux News. and i think a few other people also think that way. so if we are going to after Faux news might as well start with this.
                                Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Working...
                                X