Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heh, Fox News is at it again

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    And now, one would have to assume that all those people screaming "persecution" are enjoying their success in forcing an apology out of one insignificant threat.

I know that I don't speak for others in this (in fact, I much prefer folks to think and speak for themselves, but I digress) but I would like to extend an apology to Tucker.

Sorry, Tucker, that your naive stupidity had to be pointed out by a pretentious lynch mob.
    Agreed. Overzealous Pagans are pretty smug about these things, evidently thinking they've "stuck it to the man." What needs to be understood, however, is that there is no "man" to stick it to. We live in a country where you can practice any religion you want without fear of legal persecution. You can literally worship the Devil if you want to without fear of reprisal (unless of course you're sacrificing people or something). That freedom goes both ways. People can say what they want. Until they actually impose their will on you, they haven't done anything wrong.
    Last edited by Clive; 24 Feb 2013, 19:54. Reason: added a word
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Re: Heh, Fox News is at it again

Originally posted by Clive View Post
      Agreed. Overzealous Pagans are pretty smug about these things, evidently thinking they've "stuck it to the man." What needs to be understood, however, is that there is no "man" to stick it to. We live in a country where you can practice any religion you want without fear of legal persecution. You can literally worship the Devil if you want to without fear of reprisal (unless of course you're sacrificing people or something). That freedom goes both ways. People can say what they want. Until they actually impose their will on you, they haven't done anything wrong.
      Yep, we're pretty lucky to live in a place where we can believe and practice whatever we want. I'd even say that it's good that people can criticize our beliefs. In turn, we can defend ourselves and present our points of view. That's the beauty of freedom of religion and speech.

What Fox and friends said did piss me off, but the fact of the matter is that they had every right to say it. And I have every right to go about my life, practice my spirituality, and never have to answer to some smug, conservative asshat on TV.

See? It all works out.

Comment

Working...
      X