Christian Guy fallen for Pagan Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Guy fallen for Pagan Girl

Hey Mal, thought I'd update you. I've asked the hubby to help me with my list writing (that Juni suggested in the thread I started) and he's quite keen! Yay!

He also helped me light a candle with no fire in my house haha.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Hey Mal, thought I'd update you. I've asked the hubby to help me with my list writing (that Juni suggested in the thread I started) and he's quite keen! Yay!

He also helped me light a candle with no fire in my house haha.
      Yayyyyy! I'm so glad to hear that! I hope the list writing goes well, that should be a good activity for you two.

I'm glad he helped you light a candle as well ^_^.

This is good.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

You cam keep doing your researches about her religion, try to explain her that there is nothing to fear about.
        You love her because of her personality, and because her character and that's what matters.
        Good luck!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Mal, have you tried defining your beliefs to one another? I assume you have, I just ask, cozzzzz

im taking Juni's advice and making lists of what I do any dont believe to help my define my beliefs, and I'm getting hubby involved, to help me talk, and so that he understands and so that I understand him, and to see if there are links. We talked for over half an hour last night. I'm keen for more still though!

How's things going for you?

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            You cam keep doing your researches about her religion, try to explain her that there is nothing to fear about.
            You love her because of her personality, and because her character and that's what matters.
            Good luck!
            Thank you Gleb .

- - - Updated - - -

Mal, have you tried defining your beliefs to one another? I assume you have, I just ask, cozzzzz

im taking Juni's advice and making lists of what I do any dont believe to help my define my beliefs, and I'm getting hubby involved, to help me talk, and so that he understands and so that I understand him, and to see if there are links. We talked for over half an hour last night. I'm keen for more still though!

How's things going for you?
            Yeah, we've talked quite a bit about our beliefs. There is still plenty to talk about, but we both talk openly about our faiths, and told each other plenty we haven't told other people about what we believe.

I've said this before, but we're finding that despite the fact that I'm Christian and she's Pagan our beliefs are... Really similar. We're both very nature oriented, and though we'd use different nouns to describe what we feel and how we feel it, we're clearly experiencing what is nearly the same thing in that regard. We see the nature of divine beings in a pretty similar way... Etc, really. I mean, aside from the fact that she practices witchcraft and Paganism and I practice Christianity, its... More like we have different trappings over whats the same thing. Which I was NOT expecting. At all. Whatsoever. In any way, shape, or form...

I'm looking forward to being with her while she performs one her rituals sometime, and sharing that part of her life with her.

There are still things I want to know of course, but the conversations have been going really well on my end. How is the list making going? How are you and your hubby finding the differences between you two? The similarities?

Comment

Yeah, we've talked quite a bit about our beliefs. There is still plenty to talk about, but we both talk openly about our faiths, and told each other plenty we haven't told other people about what we believe.

I've said this before, but we're finding that despite the fact that I'm Christian and she's Pagan our beliefs are... Really similar. We're both very nature oriented, and though we'd use different nouns to describe what we feel and how we feel it, we're clearly experiencing what is nearly the same thing in that regard. We see the nature of divine beings in a pretty similar way... Etc, really. I mean, aside from the fact that she practices witchcraft and Paganism and I practice Christianity, its... More like we have different trappings over whats the same thing. Which I was NOT expecting. At all. Whatsoever. In any way, shape, or form...

I'm looking forward to being with her while she performs one her rituals sometime, and sharing that part of her life with her.

There are still things I want to know of course, but the conversations have been going really well on my end. How is the list making going? How are you and your hubby finding the differences between you two? The similarities?[/QUOTE]

Im fairly jealous that you find it so easy to talk and have so much in common, we don't have that, and as I've said before, I always feel like I'm forcing it on him when I try to find links. He never wants to be part of ritual though. He's made that very clear

we haven't continued the list yet (he's quite sick) but I plan to. I also need to go over it some more because there is questions I want to pose to the forum. I'm not really sure of similarities and differences just yet. Mostly I just see differences, but I hope talking it out will make those differences a non issue. He does kinda get how I see nature and energy and connectedness though... Hmm I dunno. I'll keep tabs next time.

when do you plan on sharing a ritual? Will you be involved? Or just observe? Inside or outside the circle?

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Im fairly jealous that you find it so easy to talk and have so much in common, we don't have that, and as I've said before, I always feel like I'm forcing it on him when I try to find links. He never wants to be part of ritual though. He's made that very clear

we haven't continued the list yet (he's quite sick) but I plan to. I also need to go over it some more because there is questions I want to pose to the forum. I'm not really sure of similarities and differences just yet. Mostly I just see differences, but I hope talking it out will make those differences a non issue. He does kinda get how I see nature and energy and connectedness though... Hmm I dunno. I'll keep tabs next time.

when do you plan on sharing a ritual? Will you be involved? Or just observe? Inside or outside the circle?
                Er, you know I don't know. I'll probably just observe. Until she graduates from college we're long distance, so meeting up has been at random times. I don't know when :/ ...

I'm sorry you're not having as easy of a time with it... If he doesn't want to find similarities even though they will be there he might not want to see them ... But I hope he starts to see them. There are a lot of similarities...

We had a really nice connection awhile ago when we realized at the basic level votive candles and candle magic are really very alike. *sigh* I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging or something. I really with you two were connecting the same way. I hope there are many more similarities between you two than you think! Hopefully you'll be surprised. If you can't find them, I hope that by learning enough about each other you can at least accept all of the differences and know them so they are not so foreign to you.

I'm glad he gets the nature thing sort of though! That's a very good step !!! And I'm sorry he is sick. Hope he gets well soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                  Er, you know I don't know. I'll probably just observe. Until she graduates from college we're long distance, so meeting up has been at random times. I don't know when :/ ...

I'm sorry you're not having as easy of a time with it... If he doesn't want to find similarities even though they will be there he might not want to see them ... But I hope he starts to see them. There are a lot of similarities...

We had a really nice connection awhile ago when we realized at the basic level votive candles and candle magic are really very alike. *sigh* I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging or something. I really with you two were connecting the same way. I hope there are many more similarities between you two than you think! Hopefully you'll be surprised. If you can't find them, I hope that by learning enough about each other you can at least accept all of the differences and know them so they are not so foreign to you.

I'm glad he gets the nature thing sort of though! That's a very good step !!! And I'm sorry he is sick. Hope he gets well soon.
                  Haha! I made you think! Do you think you'll observe from outside? Or will she invite you inside? Perhaps you'll feel something of what she does. I don't know how I'd go with hubby in a ritual. I'd feel like I was being watched and judged the whole time. Perhaps it would depend on the ritual...

The candle thing sounds nice, but even with us, hubby doesn't seen the point of candles in stuff... I guess he thinks they are nice and have a nice atmosphere but I don't know what he sees beyond that...

you don't sound like you're bragging. I think we have the discomfort of things working for you, that aren't working for me.

Im aiming for the acceptance thing at the moment. I really really want us to do things together, but for now a better acceptance and understand sounds like a good thing.

Were going for a hike later these holidays, perhaps I/we can do something then.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Girlfriend is coming up to visit next weekend 8D! *parties*

I'M SO EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I wish there was more substance to this post. But there is not.

Comment

Who needs substance?! The woman is coming!!!!

My man is so far away that he is out of phone range.. *sigh*

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I need to plan things! She might even be coming a day early 8D

We are going to have a picnic at the woodland park in my city, and get cupcakes, but I still need to think of some more things for us to do :P

Comment

Ritual! haha Or go to church! So something spiritual together!

And a movie! Wolverine!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Ritual! haha Or go to church! So something spiritual together!

And a movie! Wolverine!
                            You have no idea how appropriate seeing Wolverine would be 8D. We are both huge Hugh Jackman fans, and we are also X-Men/Wolverine fans.

Doing something spiritual would be great, but I think we'll already have that down just by going to the forest together ^_^.

Comment

So how did it go?! Is she still there?! :d

- - - Updated - - -

I totz posted that in all CAPS. Pretty disappointed it didn't post that way. I wanted to show my excitement. haha

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

So how did it go?! Is she still there?! :d

- - - Updated - - -

I totz posted that in all CAPS. Pretty disappointed it didn't post that way. I wanted to show my excitement. haha
                                LOL, yay capslock! It went really well. She was very sad to leave, not just because she kind of likes me a lot :P, but also because she was leaving my accepting Christian parents and me, and going back to her non-accepting Christian parents, who if I may say so, treat her like shit. I can't wait till she graduates so we can move in together *sigh*.

We went to a nature preserve and hiked around it, went to some gaming stores and got dice and a gamepad for her laptop and I gifted her some video games she'd always wanted to play, we went to the South Bend Chocolate company (which was the correct choice), saw "The Wolverine", eagerly watched the reveal of the 12th Doctor, then watched some Doctor Who to celebrate... It was great.

I miss her so much already though ...

Seriously, we have like nearly every effing thing in common... I felt like telling her I could spend my life with her, but I held back because well, you know, we haven't been dating that long, even though honestly I'm pretty sure she feels the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X