Christian Guy fallen for Pagan Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Guy fallen for Pagan Girl

That is so nice. People react differently, in a good or bad way. Way to go.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Nyaw, sounds epic. If you feel that strongly though, tell her. I'm sure she feels the same too! Glad you ha d a great time!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        Seriously, we have like nearly every effing thing in common... I felt like telling her I could spend my life with her, but I held back because well, you know, we haven't been dating that long, even though honestly I'm pretty sure she feels the same way.
        It took my husband and I two weeks of knowing each other to work out we were going to get married. Sometimes you just know and there's nothing for it. When the time comes, you will know what to say and what to do. Love is an everyday miracle, and new love is a special feeling and one to treasure. You're blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
          Nyaw, sounds epic. If you feel that strongly though, tell her. I'm sure she feels the same too! Glad you ha d a great time!
          Originally posted by Quin7900 View Post
          That is so nice. People react differently, in a good or bad way. Way to go.
          Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          It took my husband and I two weeks of knowing each other to work out we were going to get married. Sometimes you just know and there's nothing for it. When the time comes, you will know what to say and what to do. Love is an everyday miracle, and new love is a special feeling and one to treasure. You're blessed!
          Thank you everyone! Yeah, next time we get together I'll probably follow my heart and gut and just tell her how deeply I feel about her.
          Azvanna: I knew a long time ago, honestly. But I was dating someone else, and so I just tried to forget about it. Your words were very much what I needed to hear.

I've been engaged before, but I've never had this feeling I have now before.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I don't want to be pessimistic but I want to give a tip of advice.

Of course, only you know the way your relationship is going and how far along you two are. But be careful when mentioning spending the rest of your lives together or you wanting to do so. Because I did that with a girl once too early and I lost her overnight, guess it spooked her or she thought I was moving to fast, she may have been right.

Anyways, lots of good luck for you two!
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              I don't want to be pessimistic but I want to give a tip of advice.

Of course, only you know the way your relationship is going and how far along you two are. But be careful when mentioning spending the rest of your lives together or you wanting to do so. Because I did that with a girl once too early and I lost her overnight, guess it spooked her or she thought I was moving to fast, she may have been right.

Anyways, lots of good luck for you two!
              Yeah, that's why I hadn't said anything before.... Tempering is good. Thank you for being honest. I'm sure I'll know when its the right time to say it or when its been long enough.

We've known each other so long wanting to date but not dating its been hard to tell with some of these things!

Comment

Question: so, my parents are pretty accepting humans, and they know my girlfriend is not Christian, and they've had plenty of hints she is Pagan, but my mom has said some rather antagonistic things about Neo-Paganism in the past. I'm not going to bring it up just to bring it up, and my parents like my girlfriend quite a lot... But what would I say to them if the topic is unavoidable?

And no, they're not the type to proselytize. I'm sure they'll accept her, but they will doubtless be skeptical of the validity of her beliefs, or perhaps think she is being "silly" about them... So yeah. I'm not sure if my question makes sense but there you go XD.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                  Question: so, my parents are pretty accepting humans, and they know my girlfriend is not Christian, and they've had plenty of hints she is Pagan, but my mom has said some rather antagonistic things about Neo-Paganism in the past. I'm not going to bring it up just to bring it up, and my parents like my girlfriend quite a lot... But what would I say to them if the topic is unavoidable?

And no, they're not the type to proselytize. I'm sure they'll accept her, but they will doubtless be skeptical of the validity of her beliefs, or perhaps think she is being "silly" about them... So yeah. I'm not sure if my question makes sense but there you go XD.
                  If your girlfriends okay with you telling them you might want to tell them ASAP. I'm sure your girlfriend would like it if you told your parents without shame and defended her beliefs. Before my parents knew I was pagan a long while ago they used to use heathen as an insult, and called pagan "Bumbling statue worshippers" but as soon as they realized I was one they took a step back and tried to learn about it, eventually becoming more respectful.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    If your girlfriends okay with you telling them you might want to tell them ASAP. I'm sure your girlfriend would like it if you told your parents without shame and defended her beliefs. Before my parents knew I was pagan a long while ago they used to use heathen as an insult, and called pagan "Bumbling statue worshippers" but as soon as they realized I was one they took a step back and tried to learn about it, eventually becoming more respectful.
                    She said she was okay with me telling them if it came up, but she didn't want me to just bring it up for the sake of bringing it up. So I've been trying to respect that.

At this point it would be nice to have it clearly out in the open though.

Comment

I agree with her, if it comes up, explain, but I wouldn't just bring it up, but then I'm sure you won't either.

Also some people are never going to accept it. My mother is still skeptical about the validity of my beliefs. And I got married with pagan elements. But I no longer care. She accepts it, but thinks it's all nonsense and it never gets discussed. Perhaps find out if your gf is happy to live with that? And if you are. I know I don't care anymore.

And it is nice to have it out in the open. But relationships could change there. I'm not suggesting you avoid it, but just let it come up naturally in it's own time.

- - - Updated - - -

And to the question 'What would I say?' if it came up? Just explain it. Don't make it complicated. Just put it out there. If they want to know more, they will ask, if they don't, they wont.

Also think of how you reacted when she first told you. You are in some ways an extension of your parents. Hopefully that means it will bode well.
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I agree with her, if it comes up, explain, but I wouldn't just bring it up, but then I'm sure you won't either.

Also some people are never going to accept it. My mother is still skeptical about the validity of my beliefs. And I got married with pagan elements. But I no longer care. She accepts it, but thinks it's all nonsense and it never gets discussed. Perhaps find out if your gf is happy to live with that? And if you are. I know I don't care anymore.

And it is nice to have it out in the open. But relationships could change there. I'm not suggesting you avoid it, but just let it come up naturally in it's own time.
                        I know I'm fine if my parents don't accept it. I want to marry her eventually, not them :P. I already know a few people who aren't cool with it who are my friends. They're the ones being stupid. Anyways, I'll find out what she wants on that topic later. She is on vacation, so I won't trouble her with that for now lol.

I have been thinking about the future though, I mean, obviously the future is a ways off, but I'm super curious how our interfaith lives will swirl together as we keep going.

Or as one of my friends who thinks we're cute together said:
                        "Apollo and YHWH sittin' in a tree.... K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And to the question 'What would I say?' if it came up? Just explain it. Don't make it complicated. Just put it out there. If they want to know more, they will ask, if they don't, they wont.

Also think of how you reacted when she first told you. You are in some ways an extension of your parents. Hopefully that means it will bode well.
                        Oh look more text!
                        That sounds reasonable.

I hope they are certainly!

Comment

My Wife and I have had a relationship together for over 40 years that is based much like what you have explained.The difference in beliefs has never entered into it at all.If the two of you have love and true respect for each other it will work out fine.
                          silly old man

Comment

Originally posted by dreamweaver View Post
                            My Wife and I have had a relationship together for over 40 years that is based much like what you have explained.The difference in beliefs has never entered into it at all.If the two of you have love and true respect for each other it will work out fine.
                            Thank you . I'm so glad to hear that!

Comment

good news!: We're still doing great, miss her lots, and I'll be visiting her again for our half-year ^_^.

bad news: last visit with her last weekend was a mess. Had to take her roommate to the hospital, her podmates started a ton of drama, my car broke down.... ugh.

more good news: I don't think I have ever felt so absolutely sure I was loved ever. We actually both told each other we thought the other was the one for the us, and it was... Exhilarating. We'd both been thinking that and were just not saying it XD. Silly us!

more bad news: the forum for pagans she frequented shut down...

extra more good news!!!!: She said she might might an account here since I talk so highly of the place !!!!!!!! *starts cleaning up*

Comment

Perhaps just my crazy mindset at the moment but if you wanted to test the ground you might ask about pagan marital practices such as hand fasting to get an idea of her opinion on things. Not with the intent to deceive but explore other aspects of her beliefs. Sounds strange I suppose but marital, death, birth rituals and such seldom come up in pagan discussions I've seen but explores a lot of a persons self image when they do.

As an aside note that might interest you from a relationship perspective. I met my then future wife in Sept I think it was, we were married in Feb of the next year and have been happily married since, that being in 1981 - 1982 year. Never was marriage even spoken of by either of us, we just knew it was going to happen and accepted it as such. In fact the only time any one spoke about marriage was when we were in the barrack (we were both active military at the time) and a number of our friends started taking bets as to when we would be married as we made a marital pair in their eyes. My family sort of Folkish Christian & Folkish Magical practitioners while hers was Christian. The only thing ever said was by her father and that was "He had better not be Air Force or Army! Marine preferred but Navy acceptable!" He and his wife retired or ex-Marines.

I wonder if the forum she frequented was The Agora? It shut down unknowingly and without any indicator of trouble around the 1st of Sept.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X