Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deities that can grant wishes? (Merged Topics)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: has anyone worked with loki or eris?

I'm going to work with hades...

Comment

Re: deities that can grant wishes?

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      This is off topic but I think appropriate to it.

Utopia, are you the same Utopia that has been going through the various boards asking about wishes and such? I most recently ran across you on the Occult Corpus board asking about the same thing (wishes) but in conjunction with Hecate / Hekate & Lilith being the source you were asking about granting wishes. Which strikes me as odd considering that Lilith is a Lilitu Demon and Hecate / Hekate in her Chaldean persona dispatches daemons to reward or punish humanity. Even odder is the fact you seem to think that simply by making an offering they will do as you desire because you made the offering.

ON topic

I do agree with Rae'ya in that the Greater and Lessor Keys of Solomon require one of considerable training and skill to be used as the old grimores and archaic tales speak. Though I have to admit seldom do they speak of the second who is always present to aid the conjuror in creating the signs, sigils and boundary markings.

Ditto, on ecauldron. Again with Hecate (but she's too scary, so we can't go there), Odin (also, too scary because he's a male figure), and Loki.. which never saw resolution due to mod interjection from the rudeness aspect and the resulting sock-puppetting issues.

I'll say what others have said before me from a 34-page thread and a 16-page thread. I would seriously urge you to consider why you want switch souls with someone, because that indicates a deeper issue that you really ought to be reflecting on before you try to bring in elements that are more likely to see straight into the truth of the manner than grant "wishes" like vending machines without question.

I'm sure there's oodles of intel about your story that nobody is ever going to be privy to, and I respect that, but at the same time if you're asking for help on open forums you should probably take the time to really consider what everyone has been telling you before you simply reject it and move on. I hope you find what you're looking for, I really do.

Comment

I'm presuming the soul switch premise is from a separate forum where this has come up. Regardless, if that is the goal, I tend to side with CS Lewis. You are a soul, you have a body. You can't switch souls areound because breaking away from your soul is literally attempting to break away from yourself at your most fundamental level and it doesn't work. All you'd manage to do is split your soul in uncomfortable ways.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          I'm presuming the soul switch premise is from a separate forum where this has come up. Regardless, if that is the goal, I tend to side with CS Lewis. You are a soul, you have a body. You can't switch souls areound because breaking away from your soul is literally attempting to break away from yourself at your most fundamental level and it doesn't work. All you'd manage to do is split your soul in uncomfortable ways.
          It is, and I wouldn't have brought it up except that it took several days to figure out the why's so accurate and useful advice could be given to begin with. I figure it's one of those important tidbits to know the motivation so useful advice can be brought up if anyone has any. I hope I didn't overstep any boundaries by bringing it into this thread though. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            It is, and I wouldn't have brought it up except that it took several days to figure out the why's so accurate and useful advice could be given to begin with. I figure it's one of those important tidbits to know the motivation so useful advice can be brought up if anyone has any. I hope I didn't overstep any boundaries by bringing it into this thread though. >.>
            Personally I'd say it's important considering the harm she desires to inflict upon another or upon her family or the other persons family in order for Utopia to take over the persons body and life and either kill or wipe clean their memory while trapping them in her old body. Then factor in Utopia is not concerned with any negative affects / effects upon the other person only that she gets her way.
            Last edited by MaskedOne; 19 Jun 2013, 14:06.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Monsno, I've removed part of your post above.
              If you feel that such steps are warranted then the appropriate course of action is to either PM a supremely compelling case to Juniper, Thalassa or Chainlightning or better yet, PM the same case to the administrators of forums that have more direct evidence.
              The absolute least appropriate option is to make it a matter of public discussion.
              Last edited by MaskedOne; 19 Jun 2013, 14:21.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

If you feel that such steps are warranted then the appropriate course of action is to either PM a supremely compelling case to Juniper, Thalassa or Chainlightning or better yet, PM the same case to the administrators of forums that have more direct evidence.
                The absolute least appropriate option is to make it a matter of public discussion.
                Not a problem, still getting a feel for how some things work here. Mostly it was just wondering and considering the course the US is taking on holding people responsible for things they should have or could have done.

Comment

invoking hecate..

Has anyone tried it? i've been scared to do so before but now it seems like the safest option, i've been told she can help with my path :=L:

Comment

Personally I'd say it's important considering the harm she desires to inflict upon another or upon her family or the other persons family in order for Utopia to take over the persons body and life and either kill or wipe clean their memory while trapping them in her old body. Then factor in Utopia is not concerned with any negative affects / effects upon the other person only that she gets her way.
                    I was just saying that i would do anything for the wish, so people would give me more info i'm not actually going to encourage the deity harms my family, it was all for show so they would stop stalling.

- - - Updated - - -

it's too late i already read what he had to say as a guest yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by utopia View Post
                      I was just saying that i would do anything for the wish, so people would give me more info i'm not actually going to encourage the deity harms my family, it was all for show so they would stop stalling.
                      Doesn't change the fact you made a statement of it. Beings like Coyote would hold you to your word specifically, I presume that Loki or similar gods / goddesses would also hold you to your stated and written word. I know Hecate / Hekate would and if one looks to the Stories of Artemis and the daughters of Niobe hubris is very much taken and acted upon. What you spoke and offered is pure hubris and would be taken as such by most of the Hellenic and Kemetic gods / goddesses I am aware of. Given the honor and trust issues of many Teutonic / Nordic and Germanic pantheons I'd say they would equally find you at fought and to be punished.

Demonic entities and beings are a whole different source and I think most of the high princes and such would hold you to your word, even to the point of reading it not as you implied. Lower order demons, daemons or other entity type creature's will probably try to trick you up and take both sides. Here the Rakashka (sp) comes to mind right off the bat but does not rule out what a Genie or Djinn would do.

Comment

Re: invoking hecate..

Yes I have invoked and evoked her. No, I do not think she'd assist you in what you desire as it goes against her persona as guarding of newborns and her capacity as protectress. Nor does it support her role as protectress of liminal places or points of transition. Birth, marriage, motherhood, life, death all being transition points. At best it would be the Thelmic Hecate who is a demoness who might do such but then that to me is not the goddess Hecate / Hekate.

Comment

I love my family with all my heart, it makes me cry that people think i would knowingly let a spirit harm them, i was just trying to seem 'cold-hearted' so they would see how desperate i was, i only said i would because a member of ecauldron questioned what if they wanted to harm your family? and i said i don't care if they did that, it wasn't me just blatantly saying i would let them harm them, i was questioned or tested beforehand on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't change the fact you made a statement of it. Beings like Coyote would hold you to your word specifically, I presume that Loki or similar gods / goddesses would also hold you to your stated and written word. I know Hecate / Hekate would and if one looks to the Stories of Artemis and the daughters of Niobe hubris is very much taken and acted upon. What you spoke and offered is pure hubris and would be taken as such by most of the Hellenic and Kemetic gods / goddesses I am aware of. Given the honor and trust issues of many Teutonic / Nordic and Germanic pantheons I'd say they would equally find you at fought and to be punished.

Demonic entities and beings are a whole different source and I think most of the high princes and such would hold you to your word, even to the point of reading it not as you implied. Lower order demons, daemons or other entity type creature's will probably try to trick you up and take both sides. Here the Rakashka (sp) comes to mind right off the bat but does not rule out what a Genie or Djinn would do.

For heaven's sake what i say on forums and what i say in reality are two different things, i've stated i'd make sacrifices with my own blood to honor the deity, you just choose to read the last pages where i was just simply up against everyone on the forum who were tainting me endlessly and making their own assumptions.

Comment

Re: invoking hecate..

Yes well others have suggested her constantly and said she can help.

Comment

You are presuming that my primary goal was preventing you from seeing that text, Utopia.

It was not. My primary goal is that the discussion not occur on public boards. It can be settled privately between the two of you and appropriate staff, it can be settled in the forums of origin or it can be allowed to die. It won't happen in public.

Comment

Originally posted by utopia View Post
                                I love my family with all my heart, it makes me cry that people think i would knowingly let a spirit harm them, i was just trying to seem 'cold-hearted' so they would see how desperate i was, i only said i would because a member of ecauldron questioned what if they wanted to harm your family? and i said i don't care if they did that, it wasn't me just blatantly saying i would let them harm them, i was questioned or tested beforehand on the forum.
                                NO, but you'd knowingly allow one to hurt another so you can change bodies? Sorry that is pure ego and hubris and opens up your family to said retribution as well in seeking either payment or vengeance. Your soul is also your bloodline and each life contains an aspect of that blood line tied to their soul. In essence it's like the bones of a fish and one simply can not pull a thread without harming the rest. Hence, you'd sell your family, potentially those from the past that linger, those from the present that live or watch and those yet unborn who will carry your hubris until restitution and offering is made and accepted by not only the gods / goddesses but by your own families shades.

For heaven's sake what i say on forums and what i say in reality are two different things, i've stated i'd make sacrifices with my own blood to honor the deity, you just choose to read the last pages where i was just simply up against everyone on the forum who were tainting me endlessly and making their own assumptions.
                                What is said upon the net is written word and as powerful and committed to fact as any formal written spell and contains all the intent and purpose of said spell work. It is everlasting to a degree and fully recoverable by any number of means. In a truly magical system it is also seen as hidden within a hidden realm, upon nothing, resides upon or within a liminal place and open to any who would access it. In the basest form it becomes a sigil of your desire and what you've agreed to as a sacrifice. SO you've already created the offering and promise and are simply awaiting a creature or entity that is willing to call you upon it or may have already done so and set into motion the wheels that will lay claim to your offer.

Don't assume I just read a few pages I read the entire content of all threads you were a part of and that pertained to the discussion of wishes and soul swapping. Yes some assumptions were made, many from your lack of answering their questions or queries as to why. Others simply from thread drift which tends to happen on many forums.

From a personal stand you clearly indicate you do not know what your doing and have little to no training in it. If you had you might have realized that any written word regardless of where it was written is still held as a valid offering or suggestion of a price one is willing to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X