Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deities that can grant wishes? (Merged Topics)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: invoking hecate..

Originally posted by utopia View Post
    Yes well others have suggested her constantly and said she can help.

Step into my pallor said the spider to the fly! You might want to spend a bit of time actually researching about her and not listening to your friends. No where will you find her granting wishes in any of her archaic myths, not even in those that derive from the later dark ages and middle ages.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Step into my pallor said the spider to the fly! You might want to spend a bit of time actually researching about her and not listening to your friends. No where will you find her granting wishes in any of her archaic myths, not even in those that derive from the later dark ages and middle ages.
      They aren't my friends they are people from occult corpus and ecaudlron...

Comment

They aren't my friends they are people from occult corpus and ecaudlron...
        Hmm, I don't seem to recall anyone at either place suggesting Hecate / Hekate for what your requesting. At best all of them pointing out how your willing to do a dark act but hesitant or unwilling to call upon a dark god / goddess. But in the end that is between those sites and you.

You asked a question here and I told you the answer in my opinion and experience. Her lore does not suggest she honors or fulfills wishes. At best curse tables that call for the downfall or injury to those who are competing against another and they desire divine intervention to better their chances. As far as soul swapping it only occurs in one tale I am aware of and that from the soul of a human woman who is then killed and brought back as a Polecat (weasel).

HEKATE & THE WITCH GALE

Aelian, On Animals 15. 11 (trans. Scholfield) (Greek natural history C2nd A.D.) :

"I have heard that the land-marten (or polecat) was once a human being. It has also reached my hearing that Gale was her name then; that she was a dealer in spells and a sorceress (Pharmakis); that she was extremely incontinent, and that she was afflicted with abnormal sexual desires. Nor has it escaped my notice that the anger of the goddess Hekate transformed it into this evil creature. May the goddess be gracious to me : fables and their telling I leave to others."
        While it is presented in a number of spots this transcription is from http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Hekate.html#Galinthias

Comment

Occult Corpus did, i don't know her username, something along the lines of hecate will be good with your wish or something.

Comment

Occult Corpus did, i don't know her username, something along the lines of hecate will be good with your wish or something.
            Then in my opinion the person does not know Hecate / Hekate or was referring to the Thelmic Hecate which to me is not the Hellenic goddess.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              Then in my opinion the person does not know Hecate / Hekate or was referring to the Thelmic Hecate which to me is not the Hellenic goddess.
              Hecate is the goddess of witchcraft and magic, the clue is in the name.

Comment

Re: deities that can grant wishes?

''If you had you might have realized that any written word regardless of where it was written is still held as a valid offering or suggestion of a price one is willing to make.'' yes mainly because i was mad at my family at the time, have you never argued with your family?? and said something you later regret? no family is like the brady bunch, we all fight,bicker and backstab especially sisters, it can't be unsaid they banned me so it'll be there forever, thanks for reminding me, i was foolish but i've grown a whole lot since.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                You are presuming that my primary goal was preventing you from seeing that text, Utopia.

It was not. My primary goal is that the discussion not occur on public boards. It can be settled privately between the two of you and appropriate staff, it can be settled in the forums of origin or it can be allowed to die. It won't happen in public.
                I sent a DM but he isn't responding.. yet he continues posting in my threads.

Comment

Hecate is the goddess of witchcraft and magic, the clue is in the name.
                  Go read and not neo-Wiccan propaganda but her actual histories. She doesn't become associated to witchcraft until the roman period when she is conflated with Triforums. Even then it is only one half of her Roman persona that takes that course and it developes even more during the Dark Ages and Middle Ages period in Europe. You may also want to research just what magic, witchcraft and such was identified as in the archaic period.

Comment

Utopia i have to ask if you are wiccen why are you looking for a god/dess to grant you a wish, surly you have your own god and goddess that you worship, and that would grant a request on your behalf if they saw fit too.

As has been said before, deities and daemons arn't genies they are entities that are worshiped they can't be used, and to try doing so would at least cause them to ignore you and at worse cause them to be angry with you.

i would cirtainly not try to tell you what to believe or how to practise your beliefs but personally (and i fully admit i may be very very wrong)
                    but your coming across as someone who doesnt entirly know what it is she is doing or practising and is looking upon the dieties and daemons and fae through the eyes of modern western culture, and yet is refusing to take the advice of people with years of experience both personal and academical. if your looking for a spell to bring about a cirtain effect, then search for that spell, or ask if anyone here know's of a spell for it. hell if you really cant find a spell and no one will make you one for it, then make your own. and all of this would be mainly (i say mainly) regardless of other beings. from personal experience my religeon and witchcraft are seperate entities they just sometimes mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                      Utopia i have to ask if you are wiccen why are you looking for a god/dess to grant you a wish, surly you have your own god and goddess that you worship, and that would grant a request on your behalf if they saw fit too.

As has been said before, deities and daemons arn't genies they are entities that are worshiped they can't be used, and to try doing so would at least cause them to ignore you and at worse cause them to be angry with you.

i would cirtainly not try to tell you what to believe or how to practise your beliefs but personally (and i fully admit i may be very very wrong)
                      but your coming across as someone who doesnt entirly know what it is she is doing or practising and is looking upon the dieties and daemons and fae through the eyes of modern western culture, and yet is refusing to take the advice of people with years of experience both personal and academical. if your looking for a spell to bring about a cirtain effect, then search for that spell, or ask if anyone here know's of a spell for it. hell if you really cant find a spell and no one will make you one for it, then make your own. and all of this would be mainly (i say mainly) regardless of other beings. from personal experience my religeon and witchcraft are seperate entities they just sometimes mix.
                      Don't you think i've researched up to my eyeballs if there is such a spell?? this seriously is my last hope, i didn't want it to come to this but calling on a deity or demon is the only option.. since they have powers beyond anything i can imagine, it's not really a wish, it's my heart's deepest desire if you will and i'm well aware of the consequences that come with this desire/wish.

Comment

Don't you think i've researched up to my eyeballs if there is such a spell?? this seriously is my last hope, i didn't want it to come to this but calling on a deity or demon is the only option.. since they have powers beyond anything i can imagine, it's not really a wish, it's my heart's deepest desire if you will and i'm well aware of the consequences that come with this desire/wish.
                        Okay... I'll bite, what exactly is your wish, if you don't mind me asking? I have nothing to contribute to this discussion but I'm curious.
                        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

yes mainly because i was mad at my family at the time, have you never argued with your family?? and said something you later regret? no family is like the brady bunch, we all fight,bicker and backstab especially sisters, it can't be unsaid they banned me so it'll be there forever, thanks for reminding me, i was foolish but i've grown a whole lot since.
                          Yep and Hecate / Hekate has always been quick to remind me words have power and one has to be aware of it. As such I do not say upon the net what I am not willing to have used against me at a later time. Perhaps it is from Hecate / Hekate, perhaps its just a combination of age and experience. But either way it goes back to an old adage from WWII "Loose lips sink ships!" Translated basically what you say has worth and cost and will affect / effect all you do.

As for the banning that is just something you'll have to live with. Your not the first and i'm sure you won't be the last who is banned from some site and their words will come back to haunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                            Okay... I'll bite, what exactly is your wish, if you don't mind me asking? I have nothing to contribute to this discussion but I'm curious.
                            to switch bodies with another.. before you ask how old i am, i'm 21 years old.

Comment

then make your own and call upon your goddess and god, the ones you worship and have sworn an oath do, surly they would grant you your deepest desire, and if they refuse then there will be a reason for it. who is it you normally worship?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                                then make your own and call upon your goddess and god, the ones you worship and have sworn an oath do, surly they would grant you your deepest desire, and if they refuse then there will be a reason for it. who is it you normally worship?
                                None yet, i have been suggested far too many, i'd prefer ones that are invoked with darkness/magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X