This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep safe tomorrow

This is BS. The prosecution can rebut the defense's closing argument.......but the defense isn't allowed to respond? Really?!?!

This case has made me absolutely livid.

Comment

It's based on the time used. They each had 3 hours.

The Prosecution used a little over 2 hours yesterday. The Defense used 3 hours today. The Prosecution now has the remainder of it's time.

The Defense could have saved time to counter what the Prosecution is now saying, but it did not.

Comment

Must be a Florida thing then. I've never seen it.

Comment

Jury is out to lunch until 2 PM. Then the Judge will read them their official instructions.

Written instructions for the jury in the State of Florida v. George Zimmerman murder case. The document includes the process for the six-member panel to follow during deliberations, and the criminal charges for them to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

From the document above. Now this is interesting...

Even if you do not like the laws that must be applied, you must use them. For two centuries we have lived by the Constitution and the law. No juror has the right to violate rules we all share.
          Oh really?

Actually the jury has every right to ignore any and all laws which they feel are unjust.

This lads and lasses is the lovely art called 'Jury Nullification'.

Say the 'law' says Timmy should go away for 15 years for possessing a dime bag of weed, but you know the law is not only BS but highly unconstitutional. So you say, 'Pike that, we find the law unjust, and the defendant not guilty.'

But they don't like that one bit. So they LIE to the jury and tell them otherwise. Notice that Jury Nullification is never, ever, mentioned? Courts tend to get their panties in a bunch when you remind the jury that THEY have the sole power to find a defendant guilty or not guilty and have the right to ignore a so called (color of) 'law' they feel or know is completely unjust, such as when the punishment is far more heinous than the crime, or for so called 'victimless' crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been commenting on the Yahoo feed for TWO DAYS solid. Not ONE of my comments ever made it on screen. And they were all short, concise, respectful. They really don't want folks being informed. I just recently noted that the right to Jury Nullification was missing from the Jury Instructions. and I asked if this was merely an oversight. No response obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

The Jury is back. The Judge is now reading the 27 pages of Jury Instructions. (Sans any remark about Jury Nullification of course!)

Once this is done the Jury will then be in deliberation. This could take anywhere from minutes, to hours, to days. Personally, I think it'll be pretty short. An hour or so. These folks have seen all that's been put before them and have been away from their families for a month. They're going to want to get this done and over with. That's just my personal opinion, so we'll see.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that a short verdict time will be a not guilty. If a not guilty doesn't come back today....odds are he'll be found guilty of a lesser included charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              I'm of the opinion that a short verdict time will be a not guilty. If a not guilty doesn't come back today....odds are he'll be found guilty of a lesser included charge.
              That's likely a fair guess.

- - - Updated - - -

They are in deliberations now. The pro's are saying that it's likely a verdict will come between 8 and 9 PM EST. I say sooner, within an hour. And I agree with Monster on that if it takes a lot longer, it'll be a guilty verdict. Likely on the manslaughter charges.

So now, the whole nation waits...

As someone on the yahoo chat noted "This just got real..."

- - - Updated - - -

Because this case has been so hyped, so publicized, so spinned and had so much misinformation and outright lies (NBC and CNN caught doctoring the 911 tapes for ratings), this affects every single one of us here in the U.S. Some more than others.

Comment

I'll be glad when it's over.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm still saying no rioting. I just don't see it happening. Now if Zimmerman was an Anglo-Saxon American...

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMK View Post
                    I'm still saying no rioting. I just don't see it happening. Now if Zimmerman was an Anglo-Saxon American...
                    Well the most we can do at this time is hope ye are right, David. I certainly hope ye are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

I liken it to being prepared for any other kind of disaster, such as preparing for a tornado. You have no idea whether the tornado is going to form and head down your street. You hope not. But you take precautions anyway. And if the wind whips up and the alarm goes off, then it's time to seek shelter and stay out of the storm.

Comment

Getting my home defense, riot playlist ready............

This video was made by me and the program i used was Sony Vegas Pro 8.0. The music in the video is owned and created by Drowning Pool.Lyrics below:Let the bo...

Comment

If such occurs most in their homes should be fine unless it's a very bad part of town. It's the folks driving through or on foot that likely have the most to be concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          Getting my home defense, riot playlist ready............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ
                          Thanks Monster, I had completely forgotten this song existed.

Originally posted by Thothur View Post
                          Actually the jury has every right to ignore any and all laws which they feel are unjust.

This lads and lasses is the lovely art called 'Jury Nullification'.

Say the 'law' says Timmy should go away for 15 years for possessing a dime bag of weed, but you know the law is not only BS but highly unconstitutional. So you say, 'Pike that, we find the law unjust, and the defendant not guilty.'

But they don't like that one bit. So they LIE to the jury and tell them otherwise. Notice that Jury Nullification is never, ever, mentioned? Courts tend to get their panties in a bunch when you remind the jury that THEY have the sole power to find a defendant guilty or not guilty and have the right to ignore a so called (color of) 'law' they feel or know is completely unjust, such as when the punishment is far more heinous than the crime, or for so called 'victimless' crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been commenting on the Yahoo feed for TWO DAYS solid. Not ONE of my comments ever made it on screen. And they were all short, concise, respectful. They really don't want folks being informed. I just recently noted that the right to Jury Nullification was missing from the Jury Instructions. and I asked if this was merely an oversight. No response obviously.
                          I had no idea that a jury in the US could do that either, but being European I suppose I am somewhat excused.
                          Out of curiosity and slightly off topic how do you get chosen for duty as a juror in the US?
                          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                            Thanks Monster, I had completely forgotten this song existed.

I had no idea that a jury in the US could do that either, but being European I suppose I am somewhat excused.
                            Out of curiosity and slightly off topic how do you get chosen for duty as a juror in the US?
                            Its basically a lottery. You'll get a letter in the mail to report for jury duty at a certain date and time.

Comment

Theoretically it's random. In my state, they simply go by your Driver's License registration and randomly pick you for jury duty that way. You only have to serve once every... 7 years I think it is here. Though each state may be different.

Then, depending on how many cases they have, you and another group of people are 'selected' to serve on a certain jury. You may need to come back for several days based on what they have on the docket, and you may not even be picked for actual jury duty during that entire time.

My experience with juries is they've typically been an even mix of males and females. I understand that both the Prosecution and Defense had their picks for the jury, but to end up with all of one gender seems awfully lopsided. I'd say the same thing if it was an all male jury. Like it or not, both genders have generalized strengths and weaknesses. All of which are needed on a just jury.

Males tend to be more logical and self defense oriented, females tend to me more emotional and compassionate. All of which are good qualities, and which on a normal jury, balances things out.

I'll be highly (and pleasantly) surprised if this jury finds Zimmerman not guilty on all charges.

As I've said before, it's not about Zimmerman being 'innocent' or 'not innocent'. It's about the Prosecution, in this case, the state, proving beyond a SHADOW of a doubt, that he's guilty. They didn't do that. Not even close. And that's the information that the jury, by law, has to look at and determine the case by. They don't have all this external stimuli and articles, and write ups and op ed pieces to sway their opinion. (Which is why they've been sequestered for a month.) If someone was exposed to the mainstream media view of this case there is no WAY anyone could be assured of coming up with a non-biased verdict.

Comment

I haven't gotten one since I moved here. It would be easy here in a small town - the court house is just minutes away and there aren't any traffic issues. Where I used to live it was a nightmare - parking meters, over an hour's drive to go 15 miles, you name it.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X