Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ramadan Thread (that's not really about Ramadan at all)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ramadan Thread (that's not really about Ramadan at all)

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
    Jokes on you! Like I've mentioned before, you were already born a Muslim.
    Now is this a human only trait or is it also applied to extra-dimensional horrors with strange taste in pizza? :cthulhu:
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Generally common phrases and words, like Allah, qur'an, Assalamulaikum/Walaikumsalam, subhanalla etc (sp on all of those). They are all said in such an individual way. Someone can sound so Australian/American/etc then come out with something so Arabic. How?
      This is the video I was gonna post earlier, Common Muslim Phrases

Wait how am I born Muslim again? But sounds good! haha
      I mentioned it before earlier, here's the post and the video that was posted, that talks kinda about it:

Fitrah means the natural disposition that we are born with. In Islam everyone is born with the Fitrah, we are born pure and with the inclination to do good, and with the yearning to find our creator. Thus, there is no original sin in Islam (I might talk about this, and the story of Adam, in another post). we are all born Muslim. But it's our society or parents that shape us into other ways of life as we grow up.

[4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Now is this a human only trait or is it also applied to extra-dimensional horrors with strange taste in pizza? :cthulhu:
        It applies to every living being and non living being.

Totally random:

I was amused by the existence of this video and think you'd be amused, too. Haven't watched all of it, but you get the picture.

It's a Princess Leia Hijab Tutorial!

[4:82]

Comment

Thanks for the phrases vid. He still says everything with the accent though!

And I remember that other video now, thanks

Haha at princess Leia.

And most importantly, as I will not find time tomorrow, and by the time you read this it will be tomorrow for me, so....

Selamat Idul Fitri! Mohon maaf lahir dan batin!

I only know how to say it in Indonesian, but you'll just have to live with that

I managed 14 days total so far. Still a long way to go... But I can do it!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment