PF UK/European Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PF UK/European Meet

I'll look up a bunch of stuff and post it here, with translations (most pages don't seem to have any info in English).

I might look for stuff near Berlin...not because I'm here (I'd actually love to go somewhere else as well), but because it's cheap to get to and cheap for everything else. I'm also willing to host people, if there's anyone who doesn't mind sleeping on a futon or sofa

Comment

I think they do this one every year, but I think it's over Easter weekend, so that might be problematic: http://www.visitberlin.de/en/event/0...ival-in-chorin

Chorin is about an hour away from Berlin by train. It's a medieval monastery that's mostly used for festivals.

There seem to be several medieval-style festivals hosted in Zitadelle Spandau, which is the old fortification there. Spandau is in Berlin. There's a "Burgfest" (castle festival) in September, and another listing said that there was one in March.

There's one in Cottbus in April (this year's date was the end of April)...that's about an hour and a half away by train. It's described as a "Medieval Spectacle at the Cottbus Monastery Square."

There are also a ton in Potsdam and Oranienburg, which are accessible with the Berlin S-Bahn (though neither are in Berlin). These are scattered throughout the year.

Basically, there are things like that happening all year. I'm not sure how big any of them are, but most seem to be on for several days. I was told that the medieval fair scene in Germany was huge, but I don't know anyone who goes, so I don't really know much about it...I've always wanted to go, but never got much interest from friends.

Outside of Brandenburg, there are also some other options in Germany that I could find:

(that's a complete list of all medieval and renaissance fairs in the country, sorted by date).

And here is the 2014 list so far: http://www.mittelalterkalender.com/m...sland-2014.php Most events don't really plan dates that far in advance. Usually dates are finalized a few months ahead.

Comment

What? My house Kahl? You're totally welcome to come to my house!!

And Danie, meet and great in south Germany next winter!
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

And Danie, meet and great in south Germany next winter!
          Woohoo! Let's try to do it!

Comment

I just wanted to say that this is awesome! I really, seriously, hope you guys can do it. And take lots of pictures

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Yes! Let's do it!
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

/bump

Any new news, you guys?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                X