X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Controversy over Blood Sacrifice

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
    But the majority of people don't need it to survive in the west, and no, I don't agree with them eating it.
    Again with the claims that a) are unsubstantiated and b) are intending a guilt trip. And if they aren't a guilt trip then what is the point in bringing it up?

Sacrifice, rather than kill. It implies either choice for the animal, or ownership over the animal.
    Of course it implies ownership over the animal. That's what we do. We OWN animals, that's why someone coming along and taking your dog can be charged with theft, a property crime. The owning of animals has long been a measure of wealth in various societies throughout human history.

Oh and sacrifice is the giving up of something important and necessary for the individual.
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

For those who like to use the most sacred blood for ritual (human menstrual blood) there is a very easy way to collect the blood using a menstrual cup. Apparently the menstrual cup is also the cheapest and most hygienic form of menstrual product on the market. There are many brands out there but to give those an idea who have not heard of one before you can check out: http://www.divacup.com/
      My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Auseklis View Post
        For those who like to use the most sacred blood for ritual (human menstrual blood) there is a very easy way to collect the blood using a menstrual cup. Apparently the menstrual cup is also the cheapest and most hygienic form of menstrual product on the market. There are many brands out there but to give those an idea who have not heard of one before you can check out: http://www.divacup.com/
        Not sure I'd say it is the most sacred of blood. Perhaps to the woman who takes her own it might be as it contains the charge of her own life force. But that is debatable when you consider menstrual blood is waste product that is being discharged by the body, thus the death of unrealized potential or life. Yet the most sacred seems to be blood that is actively pumping through the body and not a waste product of the body. Not filled with lumps, clots or such but hot flowing blood with the pulse of the heart beating within it.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

For those who like to use the most sacred blood for ritual
          To me it's not sacred at all. It's the cast off of an unused bodily function. Nothing could be less sacred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
            To me it's not sacred at all. It's the cast off of an unused bodily function. Nothing could be less sacred to me.
            Many do use it and there is a very easy way (and clean) to collect the blood for the use. Some of the older methods of collecting the blood is messy and not hygienic... I am sure those that do this practice will welcome the information.
            My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Again with the claims that a) are unsubstantiated and b) are intending a guilt trip. And if they aren't a guilt trip then what is the point in bringing it up?

Of course it implies ownership over the animal. That's what we do. We OWN animals, that's why someone coming along and taking your dog can be charged with theft, a property crime. The owning of animals has long been a measure of wealth in various societies throughout human history.

Oh and sacrifice is the giving up of something important and necessary for the individual.
              I said that in response to someone saying meat is needed nutritionally, because that is the fact, as I see it. I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone. If you're reading a guilt trip into it, I'd suggest you're projecting from a sense of guilt, or from prejudice. Either way, or neither, you're being very confrontational about it.

Yeah, we own them, in the same way we used to own other people. Whether that is right or not is a matter of personal perspective.
              Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

For those who like to use the most sacred blood for ritual (human menstrual blood)...[/URL]
                DISAGREE ENTIRELY.

Human menstrual blood is expelled waste and, literally, the empty, dead fruition of life's possibility. Sure, it is sacred, but I disagree with the hyperbole.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  Not sure I'd say it is the most sacred of blood. Perhaps to the woman who takes her own it might be as it contains the charge of her own life force. But that is debatable when you consider menstrual blood is waste product that is being discharged by the body, thus the death of unrealized potential or life. Yet the most sacred seems to be blood that is actively pumping through the body and not a waste product of the body. Not filled with lumps, clots or such but hot flowing blood with the pulse of the heart beating within it.
                  Agreed.

Though I would qualify that final sentence with 'the most sacred to me seems to be...'

I think 'most sacred' is a matter of perspective. It depends entirely on who you are, what your practice is and what entities you're working with.

- - - Updated - - -

Woah... how many of you posted in the last five seconds?

Comment

I said that in response to someone saying meat is needed nutritionally, because that is the fact, as I see it.
                    No, it's not a "fact". It's your supposition based on your own bias. A "fact" has supporting evidence, yet you have provided none.

I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone.
                    They say third time is the lucky charm....

So WHY bring it up?

Yeah, we own them, in the same way we used to own other people. Whether that is right or not is a matter of personal perspective.
                    Yup, but here you are with your "facts" telling people what they are supposedly able to do.

And why are you still ignoring what a sacrifice is?

- - - Updated - - -

Many do use it and there is a very easy way (and clean) to collect the blood for the use. Some of the older methods of collecting the blood is messy and not hygienic... I am sure those that do this practice will welcome the information.
                    Annnnnd...you missed the point. It had nothing to do with hygiene or collection.

Comment

We're not disputing that many people use it, just that it is "the most sacred blood for ritual", as you called it.

Comment

No, it's not a "fact". It's your supposition based on your own bias. A "fact" has supporting evidence, yet you have provided none.

They say third time is the lucky charm....

So WHY bring it up?

Yup, but here you are with your "facts" telling people what they are supposedly able to do.

And why are you still ignoring what a sacrifice is?
                        Because that is your opinion of what a sacrifice is, based on your perspective.

Again, everything I've said is my opinion, not an attempt to tell you what to do. If you can't see it as such, and refuse to be civil, don't reply to me.
                        Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                          Agreed.

Though I would qualify that final sentence with 'the most sacred to me seems to be...'

I think 'most sacred' is a matter of perspective. It depends entirely on who you are, what your practice is and what entities you're working with.

- - - Updated - - -

Woah... how many of you posted in the last five seconds?
                          I can agree with that and honestly though I had said that. he he he

Comment

I said that in response to someone saying meat is needed nutritionally, because that is the fact, as I see it. I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone. If you're reading a guilt trip into it, I'd suggest you're projecting from a sense of guilt, or from prejudice. Either way, or neither, you're being very confrontational about it.

You are only giving your opinions without supporting facts, what you say is not fact, science has many "studies" but it has not produced the hard facts that vegan-ism is healthier.

If its just your opinion, why do you continue to use unsupported "findings" to try to "sway" us to your side? Underneath your words you continue to imply that you "hate" any consumption of or harming of animals, and that what we are all doing is "wrong" even if you wont' say it outloud.

Comment

I'm male but have known about the moon cup for many years so it seems logical to me that woman would know about it already. However, I also admit that I maybe making an assumption there and it might just be my own readings and such that introduce things like that along with other moon lodge objects.

Comment

I guess I don't express myself as other would prefer but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours. I still say it is the most sacred blood. And you may say it is not. That is the beauty of of this wonderful forum... people may say and express many diverse ideals and it is up to each individual what they wish to take on board. I have seen posts on forums I think are not aligned with my own ideals/beliefs but I don't mind that the person posting has full belief in their comment. It is really lovely when I see someone feeling passionate about their beliefs. As I do about mine. Now... back to the original subject...

- - - Updated - - -

I have also known of people using roadkill for offerings to their Gods, and although it is something I would never do. I wonder if others would see that as disrespectful or unclean?

Comment

Working...
                                X