Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What would you stand for if you knew no one would judge you?
    I stand for what I stand for, people be judging anyway, so *shrug*

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What would you stand for if you knew no one would judge you?
        I meant to come back to this question, to answer it, and totally forgot! I think this is kind of a trick question. Since I don't care whether or not people judge me. Or not. The things I support - people, ideals, intentions, beliefs... whatever - aren't a question of others' approval. It's more a measure of the quality of people one surrounds themselves with. Integrity, by all appearances, has become more of a social choice than a personal duty.

Or, just simply put, I will stand for what I choose to stand for, no matter WHO judges me.

Think.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Read.

I tend to "meta-read" which means that, as I am reading I am also paying close attention to the rhetorical techniques used to make the writing convincing. It's an occupational hazard, I suppose.

I do this more with nonfiction, though, than with fiction.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Think/process emotion/both
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Remember scenes from the past.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Eat.

And possibly think.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Relationships.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Gardening.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Think. Like every person.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Parenting and how many things I live with

Comment

life

/10 char
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

If you could chat with your 10 year old self for an hour, what would you talk about?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If you could chat with your 10 year old self for an hour, what would you talk about?
                              To be honest, I remember so little about myself at the age of 10 that odds are that the entire hour would be spent just trying to properly reacquaint myself with myself.

Comment

Well I'd tell my self to not fall into depression , and also to come out to my parents as gay instead of waiting till I was 14 years old. And I'd also point out some mistakes I've made and tell myself not to make them
                                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Working...
                                X