Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Or better yet Rick invest it in SkyNet....Terminator division....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Or better yet Rick invest it in SkyNet....Terminator division....
      Don't encourage the machines. Nuclear wars are terrible for pizza production.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

What is a word you mispronounce every time?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          No idea... As far as I know, I don't mispronounce words. But if I did, it would be "actually".
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I used to stmay 'stifling' wrong. Said it with a short first 'I'. There are others, but I can't remember.

That's what happens when your reading level is super high and you're reading words you've never heard said before.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

New-cue-ler (nuclear), always, just for fun...
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I don' mispronunce anything, that's jus' my accent. If you disagree that makes you cultchlury insensitive, like those bigded dictionries.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Helslinski when I wanted to say Helsinki. I don't know, sounds more devilish that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

I used to stmay 'stifling' wrong. Said it with a short first 'I'. There are others, but I can't remember.

That's what happens when your reading level is super high and you're reading words you've never heard said before.
                    This just popped up on fb:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6534688098666.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	352598

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I was in college before some one pointed out that I said "prolly" instead of "probably." I stopped doing that.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Rural.

I know I mispronounce it because I can't even say it.

I had the standard problem with 'Samhain' because I saw it written, and heard it mispronounced by other people, but wasn't corrected by anyone until I was 16. It's not my fault none of the books I read had pronunciation guides.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have several that I mispronounce, on purpose. Prolly, anyways, engineer, Minnesnowta are just a small sample.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

entree i say as en tray. persimmon? I googled for correct spelling. I say it percinimon. automotive i say automative. parabola. i say it pear a bola. i have no idea how to say it correctly. And the big one was Jung because I read it but never heard it. i was saying Jung and not Young.

it seems im dumb
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

I have several that I mispronounce, on purpose. Prolly, anyways, engineer, Minnesnowta are just a small sample.
                              Ooo you reminded me of one.. we have a town in the south east here called 'nuriootpa' and people always say it wrong. Generally I just call it 'nyoori'.

We also have orroroo. Awesomest name ever.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Think. I think a lot during the night and sometimes I can't go to sleep because of it. My mind just goes a million miles an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

If you could chat with your 10 year old self for an hour, what would you talk about?
                                I would tell myself not to worry about what people think of you. That they are insecure about themselves. I would also tell myself not to be so shy.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't mispronounce any words that I know of.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X