Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    If you could chat with your 10 year old self for an hour, what would you talk about?
    I'd tell them that it's not actually going to get better. All those things you imagined to happen aren't necessarily going to happen, but it will all be worth it. So many surprises are coming your way and it will be worth it, even if it's not what you expect.

Also, try harder at school. You only just got through. And hook up with the cute boys while you can!!! Haha
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

If you could chat with your 10 year old self for an hour, what would you talk about?
      The stock market.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I'd warn him about the future, and tell him how to avoid doing certain bad moves in the 6 year difference between the both of us.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'd tell her to run to a different town where someone might believe her when it came to the abuse. Anywhere but the town she was in at the time. Or to tell it in the town where she lived, & keep telling it, until she found someone who would believe her and help her.

I'd tell her to apply some of that energy & determination to technology. To work harder at math. What companies to look for.

I'd tell her to stay away from men three times her age. To stop drinking. To find a counselor and a mentor or two.

I'd tell her not to be embarrassed about liking unicorns because they are totally punk rock.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I going to tell him that he's going to stop being a normal urban kid and touch soil, hug a tree, and be nice to stray cats, while ranting about politics and freedom which his brain should be able to comprehend because his teacher once told him that he's born with a special brain..... or that's what I think she told me....

Comment

The importance of family, the brutal truth about "people", spending more time on the farm, the need for financial stability, how NOT to get hurt at work, the future of self esteem and girls.

I don't think an hour would be long enough. That dumb kid wouldn't listen to reason, he'd still be too hung up on not fitting into any 'in crowd', both at [private] school and at home. Too hung up on the approval of others.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I would tell 10 year old me that I don't have to put up with that shit. And to quit listening to Spice Girls.

Mostly art.

Comment

Well, seeing as 10 year old me was almost as quiet and awkward as adult me, it'd probably just be sitting in awkward silence for an hour.

But, in the spirit of the thread...I'd tell him not to worry about anything, ever. Just chill and be content with who you are, not hate yourself over some imagined idea of who you should be. Also, stop eating meat now. It'll save you a mountain of guilt later on. And stop tricking kids out of their pokemon cards you little shit.
                  Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Remember 10 year old me was 58 years ago...I would tell me "don't sweat the small stuff,and it is ALL small stuff" also "This too shell pass" about everything....
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That in 47 years, Mr. Spock will still be the coolest, don't worry about Star Trek being cancelled, it will live forever. The dream job you have in your mind now - follow that, don't listen to ANYONE else, EVER. You already know who you are. It shouldn't have to take decades to come back to it.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If you could chat with your ten your old self for an hour what would you say?

I would need more then an hour. To stay with your mother she needs you more than you know. To stay a virgin make a real man earn that. That your father is too sick to take care of you. Study hard follow your dreams and forget anyone that tells you cant accomplish anything family included. Life is not easy and never will be you were ment to be strong you will learn you can depend on no one but you can do it alone. Soda is evil stop drinking it you will shed the pounds. Your not fat to hell with your family and anyone who thinks that. Dont give the negative talkers a second thought your family. Your grandma loved you stop fighting her attempt to understand her she dies before you make amends. Dont allow people to walk over you stick up for yourself. Stay away from dad you miss him but he is not okay he lies he breaks promises he is an alcoholic. Stay in therapy dont let your mother remove you. You have alot of alcoholics in your family they can not care for you.

Comment

I would tell myself to document everything of my father. He died when I was 11.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Don't let a lack of money be your excuse when the real reason is fear of the unknown--do it anyway.

And that haircut your junior year? Seriously rethink that.

And stop thinking you are fat--I've seen your high school pictures and you are fucking hot.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Ef what anybody else thinks, follow your heart.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Save your money and invest it all in Microsoft.
                                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                                Clan of my Clan
                                Kin of my Kin
                                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Working...
                                X