Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

However when you finish your ark,you can tell them nothing going on,why would you want to board my ark....Tell them you hope they are a strong swimmer...(I know,I am an evil person,deal with it)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What was something you were taught in school that turned out to be completely useless...?

besides learning to play the recorder.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        What was something you were taught in school that turned out to be completely useless...?

Algebra. Never have used it out of school.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Diagramming sentences. Seriously. Do they even teach that anymore?

Playing a wind instrument may help in preventing obstructive sleep apnea.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Macrame, entrepreneurship, how to play yu-gi-oh, and French.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
              Algebra. Never have used it out of school.
              I loved basic Algebra! Because there was just one way to get an answer. And the answer would always verify back on the problem. Oddly, I find I use this sort of math at my job. Especially when I used to have to either do measurement calculations, schedule hours and matrixes etc. Now I think I use math daily for the tool store.

PE. I didn't learn anything except that I was a fat kid and how to pretend to look like I was running from far far away.

As an aside, classes I learned a lot from? Home Economic. Learned basic sewing and cooking. Best thing ever. As some tween girl if she knows how to even sew a hem.

Comment

Hey!!!!! Don't dis recorder!!! I teach it every year lol, the number of kids I have now wanting to learn real instruments ia huge haha

I think pythagoras theorem. I've never used it. But I suppose knowledge of it helps me with angles...

Maybe organic chemistry? But it means I know what C4H8 is/looks like...

I really enjoyed those subjects though... so it's not exactly uselesss...

And I can sew!! I made curtains.

But I need to think about something useless, clearly if it was useless I forgot about it lol.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Crawling under a desk to be safe from a Nuke attack(Oh wait,would that work for Ebola?)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The thing that turned out to be completely useless: computer punch cards.

The recorder is useful because playing music has brain benefits: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-cmp082514.php

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What is your "no one will ever believe me" story?

Comment

The fact that I was once charged with attempted Murder,and no one would testify against me.

- - - Updated - - -

And I will explain,I was in a fight while drunk as was the other guy. I was beating him,when he pulled a move that among men would justify murder. If friends had not pulled me off,I most certainly would have committed the act. After,even he himself would not press charges because of the cowardly move,because it would have made him an outcast within our group.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say I was not always a non violent person...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

While this is a non-answer answer, I don't really want to bother telling it because of the lack of people who believe me about it :P.
                          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I was rescued from a rip tide by dolphins.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

The vast majority of stuff really. With the exception of health class, and perhaps PE, nothing my school taught had a practical application on life. I didn't even learn how to right a check. Budgeting? Cooking? Filing taxes? Nope. Filling out job applications? Interview skills? No. How to change a diaper? Calm a crabby baby? No. History, math, science, sure. And it probably would have been really useful if I'd taken my education in any direction other than art, but honestly, I've not used any of that knowledge in the real world. Sure it's valuable and an educated society is definitely a good thing. But the education I got hasn't helped me in real life.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X