Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's the biggest thing you've changed your opinion on?
    I usually wait for everyone to respond, but meh. It's my day off! Anywho in all honesty? Hair on men. When I was a young lass I liked them to look like lithe models with no hair. Now? I'm all about facial hair and some hairy chests! But no on the back hair.

And my view on living past 30 and what 'old' means. I'm 42 and I have no idea how I'm supposed to behave. So I just behave like I'm 14.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      Politics, politics, politics. All day long politics.
      This. When I was younger I was a douchey liberal Democrat of the highest order. (No offense to our resident Democrats and liberals, honest.) Then I learned what "conservatism" and "liberty" actually were.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        Politics, politics, politics. All day long politics.
        Ditto

Like Clive, I was also a douchebag. I got better.

Comment

I used to think political parties defined your beliefs(liberal,conservative) but I now find myself an Independent. Not liberal,not conservative but a free thinker in that I may disagree with a liberal and also with a conservative.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Food and what goes into my body. When I was little, I didn't care, because I grew up in a house that didn't care. But now I'm really picky about what I will eat, and if it's an animal source, where it comes from, etc (eggs, fish, etc).

Also, and almost equally as much: relationships. I used to think that there was 'the one' out there for me, and once I found that person, that all would be well and my life would be magically fixed. Hoy boy, have I changed my mind about that.

Mostly art.

Comment

God. I used to believe, or try to. Tried to live in accordance and all that jazz. I've even changed from Paganism to pretty much an atheist, though I retain agnosticism because nothing is concrete either way.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I suppose the thing I changed my mind about that has had the most profound effect on my life is having children. When we got married he understood that I did not want to have kids, yet without any pressure from anyone else (maybe they thought it was a good idea for me to never be a mom) I changed my mind. We have all been surprised at what a good mom I turned out to be.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

The value of maintaining relationships with people.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Asparagus.

I used to hate it, and couldn't even stand the smell of it. Then, I started growing it because my wife likes it.

Eating it fresh picked is completely different!
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That I deserved to be happy.

Comment

Compromise.

I used to think it was selling out or giving in....but really, it takes more skill and more strength to meet in the middle than stand on a soapbox.

I've learned my lesson.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          Compromise.

I used to think it was selling out or giving in....but really, it takes more skill and more strength to meet in the middle than stand on a soapbox.
                          Huh. I think I just learned a life lesson. I hate compromise. It feels weak.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Huh. I think I just learned a life lesson. I hate compromise. It feels weak.
                            Reminds me of this:

“Men are born soft and supple; dead they are stiff and hard. Plants are born tender and pliant; dead, they are brittle and dry. Thus whoever is stiff and inflexible is a disciple of death. Whoever is soft and yielding is a disciple of life. The hard and stiff will be broken. The soft and supple will prevail.” Lao Tzu
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

What's something common today, that use to be socially unacceptable?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What's something common today, that use to be socially unacceptable?
                                Cohabitation.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X