Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Which fairytale is your favorite?
    Can't think of a particular favorite. But I've always preferred the "original" over the watered-down Disney type of fairy tale. Sleeping Beauty is a classic explample. I remember reading Briar Rose and being amazed that there was a different version of sleeping beauty when I was about 10. I loved it.

What's your best tip for saving money?
    Have a completely separate account (or jar, or something) for your saved money. I have a "savings account" at the bank. But any time I go a little over my "checking" account it automatically takes it out of my savings, making it really tempting to use that money. I set up a second, completely separate account that can't do that to get rid of the temptation and enable me to forget about it a little more.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I don't really like fairytales, but I could say I really like some myths. Like Prometeus.

Comment

Hard to say. I like all the "originals" and many of the Disney versions, even though so many of them are about young girls "falling in love" with men they don't know from Adam. I was recently introduced to "The Juniper Tree," that one was pretty good. It's kind of like "Hansel and Gretel." I'll go with those two. Any story about a b*tchy mother who gets her comeuppance is cool in my book.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

The swan princess was my favorite when I was a kid we had a fairytale book and that one had the very prettiest illustrations.... which might be why it was my favorite.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

What's the best conspiracy theory you've heard?
            *everyone don your tinfoil hats and let's do this!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Capitalism ::

Comment

I am thinking about the "2012" thing,and the people that went to France to wait for the "Space ship" to come out of the mountain.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

*Tinfoil hat firmly secured*

It's a tossup for me - either the Hollow Earth theory or the one about the Nazis' secret Antartic research facility/underground lair where they teamed up with aliens to create weapons of mass destruction.

Comment

What was your favorite TV show growing up?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Pee-wee's Playhouse, then Captain Planet, then Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, then Pokemon. I'm still a Pee-wee fan.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

RAINBOW BRITE! She'd fill the world with color every spring and road a horse on rainbows! I just wish they'd had made more of her cartoon; she was the coolest

Comment

Justice League, with South Park as a close second.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about South Park. I started watching it when I was like 12. Seems like forever ago.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Chaotic, Hantic. They were pretty nice, to be honest.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X