Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

What's the biggest lie your parents told you growing up?

my dad's was 'il never get married again'. yeah, i guess that 'woman' who lived with us was just the maid.
    my mom's was that she would never put anyone ahead of us on her priority list. totally explains our relationship now.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      My mom lied about what sort of cancer my dad had and some things that were her issue, she's blame on him even after he was dead so he could still be the bad cop.

I get why, but I still hate it. I try very hard to be honest with my kid even if its hard to explain now since she's little.

Comment

"You don't want to do that." (about pretty much whatever I showed serious interest in)
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by nymphetflower View Post
          Oops...reading the question correctly this time.

Santa Clause? God? Jesus? There are so many - probably the biggest "lie" told to me by my mother involved treating others how you wanted to be treated. Not because she was wrong, but because she was a hypocrit. My old man pretty much lied any time the truth tasted bitter, so tough to nail it down.

Comment

That everything was okay. Even when it obviously wasn't.

What's one thing you wish you had figured out sooner in life?
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I've struggled with this one. It's so tough to think of even one big lie, let alone the biggest. I mean, there's all those pesky fairytale things, God, Santa, Easter Bunny, intelligent people, but there was never any "these things are real" kind of motif to them.

I was thinking maybe something along the lines of, "you'll understand once you get older," or some variation of that but again, it was always passed along with a sense of doubt, in that I'd have to find out, one way or the other, myself, in due time.

I even thought of the myth, though I wasn't told it, exactly... it was just *understood*, that in order to be social, and getting together with others, there had to be enormous quantities of alcohol. Drink. It's what everyone does. Technically, that's my own lie, my own misconception, stemming from growing up around alcoholics, where there was always alcohol to be had.

In the end, now, I just give up. I cannot think of *anything* even remotely or significantly untrue. Just shades of grey and probabilities.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Do you have a song that you just can't get out of your head lately?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I constantly have songs stuck in my head, and hearing the same crappy songs over and over at work doesn't help. Lately it's been Nsync's "Bye Bye Bye." *eyetwitch*
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

This is the song that never ends....

Walking in Memphis

So Small

It doesn't help that I have... probably 20 songs or so completely memorized.. so I can recall them at any time.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Yes, it's called "Posts are either too long or too short for me to post."

No, not really.

Comment

and

Comment

Baba Yetu - Christopher Tin
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

What's one rule you try to live by?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Be a person that someone who is tripping on LSD would be overjoyed to have with them.

Comment

Always try to not be "That Guy"
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X