Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's something you share openly on PF that your friends and family don't know about?
    mostly stuff I don't feel like dumping on my family.... The rant thread is a great place to dump the days crap, so I don't have to do it in my husbands ears... among other things...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I am not a touchy,feelie person,except with VERY close family(GK's,son, Daughter and Ex Wife) People have found this out the hard way. Oh and you guys in a virtual sense,I feel like family here. Some people are overly touchers, and If I don't know you that well,I will let you know in no uncertain terms. I have this thing about personal space,even standing to close will set me off. It is not that I don't like people,but I am a VERY private person in general.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Spiritual matters, mostly. I really only have one or two friends who I see in real life who have any sort of genuine interest in a spiritual path, and I don't want to bore my less spiritual friends with diatribes about Jungian dream analysis, archetypal lineages, and meditation.

Other than that, I tend to be pretty open with people about what's going on in my life, both on and off PF.

Comment

What's something you share openly on PF that your friends and family don't know about?

Not a single thing.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm an atheist... or more accurately... I'm not a Christian.

My family assumes that I am a fundie, like they are.
            Most of my friends know me better than that... but they still assume that I'm Christian.
            Some of my friends think I am pagan.

VERY few people that I know in real life know that I am an atheist.

My parents' business relies on me, because it would cost them more than double my pay to get someone to do any one of my four jobs... and my parents would disown me if they knew I wasn't a 6-Day-Creationist-Fundamentalist-Christian... but I love my family, and enjoy my job(s)... I can't, in good conscience, put my parents out of business.... So... in real life, my atheism is very carefully guarded.

And... that's just my disbelief... it is a VERY RARE occasion that I get to discuss the harm that I see caused by religion.
            Last edited by ThorsSon; 24 Apr 2014, 00:26.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I am Kemetic. Here, I find answers to all my questions. And, I have made many new friends here
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

My obsession with the sanctity of life, and the worship of nature. I don't exactly hide it from my family, but most of them have interpreted that as "oh, you silly hippie girl".

Mostly art.

Comment

Can't think of anything. I tend to keep my own counsel for the most part, both online and off.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What's one thing you were afraid of as a kid and are still afraid of today?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What I was afraid of as a kid and what I am afraid of now are 2 different things, I have nothing that's common.
                      Actually, when I think about it, there is one thing - werewolves. They give me the creeps... Brrrr....
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Only one? I have a laundry list.

Toilets, deep water, sewers, various creepy crawlies, long hallways, crawlspaces, and *jewelry/intricate/fancy things.

*I have a hard time explaining this one, but intricate things bother me for some reason. Things with little tiny parts. Like necklaces with their little chain links and latches. Fancy patterns bother me too, like lace or paisley.

I can't eat at a lot of restaurants because either their plates or utensils are too fancy and creep me out. Fancy silverware with those patterns, ugh, that to me is like trying to eat my food with a fork made out of cockroach.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I've only been on here for a little while, but despite the fact that most of my acquaintances know that I'm no Christian,
                          very few know anything about me following a left-hand path. None of them know about my studies into Hellenism,
                          Tantra, Goetia, or Thelema.

Comment

Leaches are in my Room 101.

And I'm naked.

Ewe. Just ewe.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Unsteady heights/ where there's nothing to hold on to. Observation deck of the Empire State Bldg.? No problem. Stepladder in the middle of a room? My knees buckle.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Walking down stairs in the dark, closing a bathroom door in the dark (I HAVE to have the light on before the door closes, especially if the room has a mirror), drowning/having my head underwater (needless to say, I'm a terrible swimmer), oh, and spiders that are big enough to see their hairy little legs.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X