Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

What's your biggest 'deal breaker' when getting to know someone?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Respect. If they can't respect me, or the people around them enough to treat them right, or tell the truth about things, or just basically avoid being a raving twatwaffle then I honestly have no need for that kind of person in my life
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

Asshattery.
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
        Tribe of my Tribe
        Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Victimhood.

If they think that everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, I got no use for 'em.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Clinginess, self pity, subtle condescension/manipulation, and inability to respect my boundaries. I know that those were several things, but I've found that they tend to come as a big ol' shit-package with ribbon on top.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Victimhood.

If they think that everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, I got no use for 'em.
            Oooh, I hate that too Tends to be part of the shit-package. One of the four shitman of the shitpocalypse in any relationship.

Comment

Besides the obvious shitty personality, smoking is a pretty big bleh in my book :/ I'd have to reaaaaaaally like them to put up with it.

Comment

Not respecting personal space. If you just met me and I can smell your breath and we aren't like trapped in a box or something, I will punch you.

Also, being stupid. Bad grammar and believing urban legends will make my eyes roll so hard I'll see my brain.

Comment

Not being able to show emotion!!!! Is the biggest deal breaker to me. I need to be showed that I'm loved and needed. If someone has issue showing this in EVERY way possible they're not for me. Also crap personality (-> controlling, disinterested, self centered, arrogant, disrespectful, a know it all, not capable of compromise) and smoking is pretty big in my book as well.

Comment

In person - smoking and refusing to take me seriously.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Unnecessary lies. I don't have the patience for dealing with a lot of deception. If you want to omit details about something cool, do so. If you're gonna fabricate a fake history to impress me with then go away.

Also asshattery.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Most recently? This person spoke about being in the KKK.... I walked away from that conversation right after, dunno if it was even true, but I no longer cared.

When i was looking online for someone to date (yes that is how I met my husband,) instant rejects included spelling mistakes, it's a computer use the damn spell check button, and major interest in sports, (if you had ever been dumped over having interrupted a football game, you would understand.)
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Bad personal hygiene & no regard for personal space.

If you are always sniffling, sneezing, sweating, coughing or oozing from some hole in your body and like to get right up in my bubble, I'm outta there.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Honestly? There are too many to count. Drugs. The gangstsa attitude. Being extremely gossipy and in a not friendly way. Talking all the time, chattering, never giving me a chance to have some input. Greeting me with an obviously fake huge-ass smile, like meeting me is the best damn thing in the world, the first time someone sees me (if they keep doing it for a couple months I might accept that they actually are just that happy, but it takes awhile for me to trust the huge damn grin). Having a very verbose personality. I'm an introvert. I want space and quiet and I'm pretty damn finicky about the people I actually consider friends. I'm not sure what the "biggest" factor is though.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Stupidity. If they act like they don't have a brain in their skull, I'm not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                                Not being able to show emotion!!!! Is the biggest deal breaker to me. I need to be showed that I'm loved and needed. If someone has issue showing this in EVERY way possible they're not for me.
                                Funny, that's actually a turn-on for me. Being interested but not showing it? Yep. Drives me wild. (welcome to the real reason I get in trouble with the boys so often...)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X