Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What do you sometimes think but don't dare say out loud?

Not much at all. I'm a Jersey Girl. I say what I mean and mean what I say.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Can't really post the unrated version without getting into trouble...

Mostly, that people are a-holes.

Comment

People are a complete waste of time and space and air. As a species we are destructive at worst and hypocritical at our best. We live lies while spinning delusions and force-feeding our ideologies onto each other to excuse ourselves while we rip away from our fellows their reputations, sincerity, self-confidence, and unconditional love. We set unrealistic expectations of those around us while never believing we have to hold ourselves to our own standards. Meanwhile we consume resources on a horrific scale, hoarding in greed what others have genuine need of as we dangle these prizes over their heads, laughing as they beg because we know deep down that we enjoy their suffering and knowing that we have something that they can never get from us. This is humanity in all its glory. May it f"""ing burn.

Comment

What's often hard to do but more than worth it at the end?
          "Often" being the key word, wake up.

I have a disconnect, there. If I *dare* think it, it generally gets said.

There's a few exceptions. Usually profane, often hurtful, and sometimes just plain inappropriate. Unfortunately for others, those exceptions are in no way consistent.

A thought crosses my mind, I open my mouth and insert my foot, more often than not. Luckily for me, most people find or accept it as humor.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

What are people usually surprised to find out about you?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

depends on how they met me.

They are either surprised to learn that I am quite introverted... or surprised to learn that I LOVE karaoke.
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

That I have a brain and I know how to use it. That I'm not violent. That I'm an IT guy.

Comment

They are surprised to know that I always try to keep my promises - that's why I don't promise something I can't do. They are surprised to know things that even I am not always aware about.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Well, for those who know me at work - when they find out that I'm into the Goth scene outside of work. I'm pretty friendly and caring at work - and I wear glasses - and I have to wear a somewhat yuppy-ish uniform...so they're pretty surprised.

Comment

A great deal many things. That I'm not straight, that I can be socially awkward (because I don't come off that way at first), that I've had two surgeries and I'm under 30, that no matter how much I look like a girl, I think I like a guy (aka please stop asking me fashion advice, customers!)

etc etc. I'm not very open with my personal experiences, so most things people find out about me are surprising.

Mostly art.

Comment

Can't think of anything. I must not be surprising.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

That I'm only 5'4".

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

That I'm generally quiet or soft-spoken, that I'm not dumb, that I'm not a violent a-hole. Everybody always tells me how "intimidating" or "imposing" I look.

Oh, and that I lean to the right in terms of politics. 'Cause, y'know, being a hardcore liberal Democrat is a requirement for being a homo, donchaknow?
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                              That I'm generally quiet or soft-spoken, that I'm not dumb, that I'm not a violent a-hole. Everybody always tells me how "intimidating" or "imposing" I look.
                              I used to get that a lot, mostly because my grandfather was always telling me "Walk straight, shoulders back, gut in." and stuff like that.

Once I started walking like I didn't have a stick up my ass, and smiling every now and then, that all changed. Still, people make SO MANY judgments based solely around things like posture, clothing choice, expression, tone of voice...

And people wonder why racism and sexism are still a problem in 2014, of course it is. Judging people people based on their appearance is one of the most fundamental aspects of human interaction.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

That apparently my voice is like Betty Boop!
                                And that I'm a Satanist.
                                And that I had a hard attack at age 37.
                                And my fave movie is Jesus Christ Superstar.
                                And that I listen to Dmx.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X