Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is something you believed as a child that you still believe today?
    I only "believe" it now due to habit. But - if my foot is sticking out from underneath the covers, something underneath the bed might grab it...

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      I only "believe" it now due to habit. But - if my foot is sticking out from underneath the covers, something underneath the bed might grab it...
      That ain't belief. That's stone cold facts!
      Even when it's hot as hell (and it's currently April and 96f here) I will not let my foot go out over the bed.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Trust no one.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Complexity increases directly with additional people.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Professional wrestling is not only real, it is in fact the least fake sport.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

that cats are awesome, and are the actual most intelligent species on the planet, despite having a little moron kitty, I think it is just all manipulation.
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

LEGO is the source of all happiness.

OK... as an adult, I might not say "ALL happiness"... after all, sex has to fit in there somewhere.
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

That reality is all in your mind, and that just about anything can be real because of it.

Mostly art.

Comment

What's one habit that you have that you never noticed until someone called you out on it?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What's one habit that you have that you never noticed until someone called you out on it?
                      My use of the word "anyways"...it remains my secret shame...

- - - Updated - - -

Less secret now, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                        My use of the word "anyways"...it remains my secret shame...
                        For me its "...but, actually..."

I just can't let bad information go by me...its annoying even to me.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I walk really quietly and write really small. I never noticed until the first one started to scare my step mom and the latter my teachers started complaining about.
                          Circe

Comment

That I frown or otherwise look "angry" within my everyday facial expressions - apparently.

Comment

Can I get back to you on this? People rarely call me out on any given habit and I can't think of the last time I was called out accurately on a habit I wasn't aware of.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That even though I don't mean it, I come across as extremely condescending, sometimes. Especially in regards to things in BC. "What, you've never seen the ocean? Why are you even alive?"

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X