Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's your biggest 'deal breaker' when getting to know someone?
    Meanness. I hate mean people.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What's your biggest 'deal breaker' when getting to know someone?
      That's kind of a tough one to pin down, just one biggie. I have several issues that are flat-out "see ya!" Vindictive, gossipy thieves, that show a lack of integrity, compassion, honesty, respect, intelligence and at the same time will be crying wolf, playing the victim, avoiding critical thinking, attach themselves (with a chameleon like portrayal) to every interest I possess.

I don't know how true it would be but I think it's accurate to say all of that rolled into one: a fraud.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

^^^ Yup, that's what con artists, predators (of all types) and all around lowlifes do. I have one of those now - basically harmless, but anything I say I'm doing, she's doing the exact same thing therefore we are exactly alike and MUST be friends forever.

While I'm brushing her off like a gnat.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          ^^^ Yup, that's what con artists, predators (of all types) and all around lowlifes do. I have one of those now - basically harmless, but anything I say I'm doing, she's doing the exact same thing therefore we are exactly alike and MUST be friends forever.

While I'm brushing her off like a gnat.
          Behaviors like that can sometimes send chills up and down my spine. Particularly in the case of appearing like a predator. The too-perfect match up that suddenly reveals a mean streak, once it's too late to do anything about it.

When they came up with the word 'creepy', that is who they had in mind. Plus, the reason behind giant flyswatters.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Funny, that's actually a turn-on for me. Being interested but not showing it? Yep. Drives me wild. (welcome to the real reason I get in trouble with the boys so often...)
            yeah at first these guys seem very intriguing...at the same time I've always found that these guys are also the heart breakers and one usually falls on ones face. Falling on face = turn off for me.
            Also these things usually ended up being totally superficial in my experience, couldn't help to feel I am worth more to myself than to have some douche bag only view me as a piece of ass... man i hate guys like that!

Comment

What's one activity you tried to 'get into' but gave up on?

Comment

Smokin' ceegars. Lasted maybe a month...
                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                Tribe of my Tribe
                Clan of my Clan
                Kin of my Kin
                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I have to pick just one?

My first instinct was to bring up one of the craft projects I've tried to learn in the past, but instead I'll say the SCA, the Society for Creative Anachronism.

We began to try getting involved, but after an employee of the SCA was involved in some sort of child molestation scandal, the group as a whole lost a lot of money and so they really slowed down. It's expensive to get started, too, so we just never were able to get into the groove of it.

Comment

Blacksmithing.

Comment

I gave up on knitting a blanket. I was losing my dang mind. But I did give out a bunch of awesome scarves. And I've been using mine every day for months! A life saver.

Comment

Photography.

I take crap photos. No matter how many classes I take, professional photographers I follow, books I read, tutorials, no matter how much money I spend on 'the best' photography equipment... I'm still really bad. Either that, or my depth perception is a serious handicap when it comes to the visual arts.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

How would you describe falling in love?

Comment

a rollercoaster ride between despair and ecstasy and all stages between...and of course is dependant upon whether the feelings are reciprocated

ahh to be young again...be still my beating heart

Comment

When it's winter and you're freezing cold...you get home and finally you get your pajamas on (goose bump covered) and get in bed, under the warm and cuddly blanket. That feeling of complete happiness to FINALLY be here, not having to stand in the cold anymore, alone...freezing!
                              Surrounded by complete warmth, comfort and safety you feel detached an able to just let go and slowly drift off to sleep peacefully with no care in the world, regardless of what is happening around you. You feel exceptionally content.

Comment

A gradual neuro-chemical response in the brain primarily driven by oxytocin and dopamine.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X