Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Which sound/noise causes you discomfort or anxiety?
    People sniffling and eating. I can't have a meal in silence... There always needs to be some kind of background noise.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      Children crying/screaming and high pitched dog noises (high pitched anything aside from instruments in tune and yes, ONLY instruments). They kind of make me understand why mother's shake them.
      This.

/10char

Mostly art.

Comment

One of the cats, hacking up a hairball.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

General office sounds when I'm already frustrated.

Dripping.

Weird sounds I can't identify that happen at 3 am, and make me prowl the house with a sword.

Comment

The ever popular nails on a chalkboard...
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

children, barking dogs, and telephone rings

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                General office sounds when I'm already frustrated.
                I got a Sony Walkman mp3 player based on its volume alone just so I could drown out my coworkers. There are some days when I pray for hearing loss.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Ice cracking loudly beneath my feet. Like when out on a lake, ice fishing.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

There are a few for sure.
                    ~People popping gum while talking to me. Makes me snap. Like SNAP REDRUM TIME snap.
                    ~The faint frequency noise I have in my ear when it's silent. Drives me nuts because it changes as I turn my head. It's from too many loud concerts.
                    ~The sound tennis shoes make when they are wet. That horrid squeaking when you are out in the rain.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

People sniff-snorting.

You know.... that loud, obnoxious sniff where they sound like they're gonna sniff the insides of their nasal passages right up. And you know they're about to swallow a huge ball of snot.

If you have to sniff that loudly you need to BLOW YOUR NOSE.

Comment

What are you known for most among your circle of friends?

Comment

Sarcasm and devil's advocate.
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Can I say I'm known to have boobs that come out and get you?

No?

I'm known as the friend who will listen then tell you you are full of crap.

Comment

For being protective of my kith and kin. You can fuck with me all you want, fuck with mi familia and you're dead.
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Generally, the most creative insults. And LOTS of insults.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X