Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    How would you describe falling in love?

Simultaneously losing all coherent thought and all self control. Like dying, with the possibility of repeating the process, continually.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

It's a bit like being drunk while walking on the edge of a cliff; hoping to hell someone will catch you when you fall off. Otherwise, that impact with the ground is a killer.

I'd rather talk about what it means to be in love and stay that way though. Falling is easy. Missing the ground is hard, as Arthur Dent learned.

Comment

Like eating hot pizza.

Tastes real good, but don't be surprised if you get burned.

(like on top the of your mouth, you know, when a greasy pepperoni sticks because the cheese is molten, and a string comes off and falls across your lower lip and chin and the grease drips and burns, and you try to wipe it away, but it just sticks harder and it burns. Yeah - Love is like that)
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Falling love feels like you wanting to hug a Wolverine with his claws extended. Hoping to god when you get within arm's reach he remember you aren't an enemy of his long lost bad memory and he retracts them just in time to get a Wolvie hug. Because all those cuts you get on accident are worth those huge arms squishing the very life out of you.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Like putting on a comfy but ugly pair of PJ's, and having a hot UPS delivery guy come to deliver a package.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Going insane - something I hope I've been permanently cured of.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Like Spring has finally arrived after a long winter, except, you weren't aware you were starving for water until the rains arrived.

Alternatively, like a very specific moment (or series of moments) in time where you lose all coherent ability to be poetic, and you just want to spend the rest of the day in their bed(s).

(Or maybe that's just me. Cuz love is good and all - but so is being alone)

Mostly art.

Comment

What's one way you've seen your childhood impact your life today?

Comment

I don't think that I could name one way I've seen it impact my life today - but rather I would struggle to find a way it's NOT impacted my life today - primarily because of the abuse I endured.

But for the good - I've seen the impact of being raised by grandparents influencing my life today. I could name many ways, but primarily the courtesies and good manners that I continue to practice.

Comment

What's your biggest 'deal breaker' when getting to know someone?
                      Not taking responsibility for one's actions.

- - - Updated - - -

I was an only child and spent much time alone and now engage in a daily battle of whether to bother seeing anyone or staying in my nice warm bed.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Wow, I'm behind!

What's your biggest 'deal breaker' when getting to know someone?
                        If they are dirty liars and/or abusive!

What's one activity you tried to 'get into' but gave up on?
                        Exercising... T.T

Hard to explain. So I'm not gonna. (And I don't really want to :P since it's private)

My German accent is surfacing more frequently, lately. I don't know why. Since I spent the majority of my childhood living in German, this counts, right? XD
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My granny, the one-room school teacher, insisted that 'the Queen's English' be spoken in her home (where I spent much of my time), so I could parse a sentence before I went to kindergarten. Still a bit of a grammar nazi...
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                          Tribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

My preferences for seclusion and spending time in deep thought. A complete inability to be or get bored.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My ability to hide my fear. To be strong and not fall apart. As a child, showing weakness was a sure way of getting someone to touch you. I used to think that I was stronger now as an adult. I realize that little girl was one hell of a tough bitch. And I thank her every day for it.

Comment

If you owned a shop with the same name as your username, what would your product line be?

Comment

Working...
                                X