Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is your favorite planet and why?
    Earth is the only place I can breathe, so I'll go with that.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
      Earth is the only place I can breathe, so I'll go with that.
      Well, you can also breathe in orbit around Earth and soon... Mars.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Damn. I really didn't think I missed that many. Please excuse the tl;dr, here.

What about yourself are you most proud of?
        Passion. Integrity, maybe. My love for music. I think it's a 3-way tie... that is, until I think of something else to add.

What do you wish the opposite sex would stop doing?
        Turning me down!

Seriously, though? Without a blanket statement, nothing. Otherwise, stop accepting mistreatment/abuse as some sort of quirk that love can fix. Or thinking they can change a person, just by entering a relationship with them. These two go for both sexes, by the way, not just "the opposite".

Whether physical or emotional, what's the most painful thing you've been through?
        Damn. Emotionally: When we lost Alissa. Which was relived, basically, when my wife left me/filed for divorce.

Physically: A few months after being crushed by that car that busted up my legs, so bad, I had a day in physical therapy where the chief therapist worked on breaking some of the adhesions in my right knee. And succeeded. Thereafter, he and my doctor/surgeon fought over whether someone could be conscious for such - my doctor stating there was no way he broke any adhesions. Oh, yes he did. I tried smashing my head through the concrete wall, just to get away from the pain, and broke out a chunk of one of the blocks. With the administrator backing away from me, saying, "Don't hate me. Don't hate me." Totally fuckin' indescribable. Worse than a spinal tap, by a large measure.

How much of your personal values and beliefs do you think you picked up from your parents?
        Most of it, if one was to allow for juxtaposition, extrapolation and coincidence.

Father's Day, what's it to ya'?
        Now? Not a damn thing. I miss my dad. I miss my kids - even though they were through marriage-only. I have no offspring. No heirs.

How would you describe your perfect sandwich?
        I would describe my perfect sandwich as DEEEEELICIOUS! A half pound hamburger, grilled to perfection (slightly more cooked than walking it through a warm room), spiced with my secret Grilling Spice mix, topped with Swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms, a little tiny dab of ketchup, on a freshly-baked whole wheat bun.

What was your nickname growing up and how did you get it?
        Of all the different things that people called me (and some still do), shrimp, tiger-eyes (due to my eyeglasses at the time), shorty, dwarf, midget, freakazoid, brainiac, bogart, druggie, and the like... Dirtball was the most common. My friends gave me that name, to make points with the popular kids, because of the ever-present curls, in my hair, that were impossible to tame, and the fact that I never had fancy, brand name clothes. I was simply bullied by everyone, even my closest friends.

What is the most beautiful sound in the world?
        Too many to list. Children laughing and playing. Thunderstorms. Ocean surf. Birdsong at dawn. Silence.

What's one cold hard truth about life and getting older?
        Cold hard truth? It is a zero sum game.

Which of life's little things make you happy?
        Love and laughter. These aren't "little things".

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
        Again, too many to list. Some were mentioned (though tbh, most of those mentioned, I never bothered to watch in the first place) like Pulp Fiction or Gone With the Wind. There's others that I *attempted* to watch, like Revenge of the nerds [et al], Dumb and Dumber, Faces of Death, etc., that I never finished. I keep thinking that I have too high of standards until I remember that I love the movie Heavy Metal.

Which song makes you want to jump up and dance?
        Me dance? You're joking. What USED to make me want to just MOVE, like that, though, was the Kenny Loggins song, Footloose.

What is the most unexpected thing that happened to you this week?
        The Return of Perze! Though, really, it didn't exactly happen to *me*, per se. I totally wasn't expecting her back, quite yet.

Welcome home, Ophidia!

What's your go-to home remedy?
        Home-made chicken and noodles. Oh, and sleep.

What appears as though it would be fun but is actually awful when you're doing it?
        Huh. I'm at a loss. I'm having trouble with "awful", here. I mean, I can think of things that look fun but I'm sure aren't. But I can't think of one that I've done, to be able to say that doing it was awful.

What's the most unique or unexpected thing about you?
        Being an optimistic cynic, maybe? Hell, I don't know.

Favorite?? I don't have a favorite. They're planets. Earth seems to have the most going for it. And most of that, badly.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Now that Chain is all caught up!

What food(s) do you HATE!?!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Turnips and rutabagas. Most panko breaded stuff. Baked, boiled, smoked, or fire-roasted fish, razor clams, balogna, fake cheese, cream filling, creme filling, jelly filling, jelly in general, jell-o, whip cream, factory bread, gator, chalky candy, pixy stix and all those candies that are basically just flavoured sugar, blue cheese dressing, and my mother's cooking.

Especially her adobo, it's unspeakably bad.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Liver (from any creature), and that is honestly all that I can think of that I have a virulent enough dislike to call it hate.

Comment

Meat, mushrooms, mcdonalds, fast food of any kind, processed packaged foods (except Kraft dinner which is so bad it's good) ...and most seafood (except salmon and whitefish).

Mostly art.

Comment

Fast food, (except Wendy's chicken nuggets, I know, I have a problem...) peppers, shrimp, oysters, and processed cheese... There are many more that I dislike, but these I cannot tolerate... At all
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I second liver, along with hot dogs (or anything similar), hamburger helper, pork. I know there are more, I'm pretty picky, but can't think of it now.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Liver was the first thing I proclaimed my independence over. My mother used to make it and right before I went away to college in 1975 I told her to make it when I wasn't home. Never touched it again! Also hate okra.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Fish. It smells icky
                        Salsa (because I am now allergic to ALL of it)
                        tripe. I don't hate it hate it. But I ate it as a kid in menudo. And then decided I hated the texture.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Fish, mushrooms and liver.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

After that huge mess of a catch-up post, I'm going to keep this simple.

Sauerkraut.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                              Well, you can also breathe in orbit around Earth and soon... Mars.
                              Well, not to soon for Mars. We still have to set up the colony, build up a decent sized population of mutants, as well as their leader, Kuato, etc. Probably not in my life time.

- - - Updated - - -

There are things I dislike, but liver is the only thing where I can't bear the idea of having it in my mouth. I can hardly stand to touch it, or even look at it.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What's the most unique or unexpected thing about you?
                                I suppose the most unique thing about me is my love for reading about War World II.

- - - Updated - - -

It's between Saturn and Neptune. I love Saturn because of it's rings. Neptune also has rings, but it is blue and covered with oceans. So beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

The foods that I hate? Hmm...artichokes, avocados, sardines, shrimp, and that is all I can think of for now.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X