Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What food(s) do you HATE!?!
    Corn and coffee.

I enjoy the taste of "ethnic" foods, but they don't like me - I can't eat Mexican, Chinese, or anything similar. I can generally eat Italian food.

But yeah...corn will make me yak if it's not the popped kind, and coffee is vile.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
      Corn and coffee.

I enjoy the taste of "ethnic" foods, but they don't like me - I can't eat Mexican, Chinese, or anything similar. I can generally eat Italian food.

But yeah...corn will make me yak if it's not the popped kind, and coffee is vile.
      I'm not a fan of coffee too. In fact I dislike it pretty much. But it helps when one is sleepy or tired.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Coconut.

Flavor, texture, taste, smell - they all make me queezey.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh, I completely forgot how foul coconut is. Pretty gross. Like pineapple on pizza.

Oh...and I'm pretty sure anything that's considered a "regional delicacy" is disgusting too. Pretty sure that "regional delicacy" directly translates to, "I wonder if the idiot foreigner will eat this!"

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
            Oh...and I'm pretty sure anything that's considered a "regional delicacy" is disgusting too. Pretty sure that "regional delicacy" directly translates to, "I wonder if the idiot foreigner will eat this!"
            Damn. Well, so much for keeping this simple. Thanks, Rok. LOL

Yeah, most regional delicacies? Not a chance. Monkey brains, maggot cheese (yeah, thanks B.), goat testicles, etc. They would be HELL to the F*n NO.

Lutefisk, haggis and chitlins are "okay" but... a slice of fried [beef] brain on a sammich? No.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              ... a slice of fried [beef] brain on a sammich? No.
              Nice way to get mad cow, anyway. Prions aren't killed by cooking.

They're not really alive, either, which makes them difficult to kill. Kinda like protovirus'.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Nice way to get mad cow, anyway. Prions aren't killed by cooking.

They're not really alive, either, which makes them difficult to kill. Kinda like protovirus'.
                That's a fact. I took a brief glance on google and found all sorts of other lovely little brain meals. Tacos de sesos, anyone? Curry? Fritters? Calves brains get a lot of attention for a variety of cuisines.

It makes me twitch. I hate even just the thought of it. But it does bring a whole new meaning to giving someone a piece of your mind, eh?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Now that Chain is all caught up!

Seafood in general, tomatoes, jam, most condiments.

Comment

Marinara sauce. Most tomato products in general, except maybe ketchup. Tomatoes are evil.

Sliced American cheese singles of any brand. Fake cheese, period. No cheese in a can, no 'cheese-like food products'. Blegh.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Salmon and tuna. Not opposed to other types of fish, but ugh - salmon is often recommended for bodybuilding diets, too, which sucks because I bloody hate it.

Comment

Mackerel in tomato sauce. It just... no okay, no!
                        I don't know if this is a thing the Danes invented, I've never seen it anywhere else, but I wish we hadn't.
                        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Least favourite food has got to be anything unethically killed. Thats a cop out, but I couldn't think of anything. Theres things I dislike, a lot, but I'll still eat them if I have to.

Favourite planet is Pluto because I feel bad for the guy. I had a poster in my room that was an RIP for Pluto when I was in college haha

My unique thing about me is all of me. Go ahead, I dare you to try and find this package anywhere.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Pineapple because it hurts me (allergy)
                            (raw) tomato and watermelon for the same reason (although to much lesser extent).

I don't know of any food that I dislike (much less hate) based on flavor.

But when it comes to texture, that sticky, slimy rice wrap and rice noodles, used in Vietnamese spring rolls turns my stomach... it makes me think of what it would be like to eat a jellyfish.

This is unfortunate, because I have several friends that love to prepare dishes that include these ingredients when I am around because I am known for liking to eat foods that a lot of people consider strange... and I don't have the heart to tell them that they've found my exception.

I honestly cannot think of any food that I am not allergic to, that I do not enjoy eating, other than that.

Liver, kidneys and gizzards are something that I simply don't know if I like or not, because they are the only things that I simply don't eat out of principle... they are the filters... the organs that separated out the things that the original animal shouldn't have eaten... why should I eat them? Its like eating an oil filter. I'm not interested.
                            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

What's one thing every single person should know how to do?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What's one thing every single person should know how to do?
                                Read...............
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X