Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why the net sucks for women

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
    No, not case in point. Men may consider calling a woman manly an insult, many women consider it a point of pride when the are caled things like ball breakers and similar. I'll like you to find a man who finds being called 'womanly' to be a point of pride. That would be a man I would very much like to meet.
    In the very weird circumstances where that was actually being used as compliment, and I recognized it as such, I'd take it as one. I don't get complimented often, so I'll take what I can get. I'm not exactly picky but when people try insult me, I tend to disregard their opinions.

Still it's a good point regardless of whether they take it as a compliment or not, it's still meant as an insult. Insults don't have to be insulting to be insults.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      To lighten the mood because this thread seems to be heading toward HuffyTown USA....ever talk to a drag queen? They'd love to be called that!
      No I haven't. They apparently don't exist in Denmark. At least you'd have to look really hard in the LGBT movement in my country to find one. Now I think on it, I don't believe they've got any further than the LG part :P.
      I suppose I would have to find some bizzare small night club to do so. Perhaps I should go hunting?

Did that sound huffy?
      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
        No I haven't. They apparently don't exist in Denmark. At least you'd have to look really hard in the LGBT movement in my country to find one. Now I think on it, I don't believe they've got any further than the LG part :P.
        I suppose I would have to find some bizzare small night club to do so. Perhaps I should go hunting?

Did that sound huffy?
        You need to visit the US then. Trust me, I know quite a few gorgeous queens who are far more womanly than I am and I have a uterus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          You need to visit the US then. Trust me, I know quite a few gorgeous queens who are far more womanly than I am and I have a uterus.

Or Spain. I remember seeing this TV-show abut drag queens in Spain and even I who care little for looking "feminine" got jealous, because wow! I should go to Barcelona or Madrid next year.
          Not that I don't want to visit the US, but I don't think immigration would let me in, not with what I've been writing on-line XD, but I can still travel freely in Europe.
          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            And words are just words. And if they affect you THAT much? Get off the internet. This is harsh, but true. When you think about how many users are on the internet and how many actually end up doing physical harm to you in real life, it usually ends up being someone you know. Even rape is more prevalent among people you know then stranger danger. Regardless of what Criminal Minds on tv says.

If I were to get upset over every time someone said something to me on the internet, I would lose my damn mind. It's my laptop. I paid for it. Its my internet service I'm paying for in my house at my desk. I have ALL the power to turn to the next url. It really is that easy.
            The problem is that the internet is a reflection of real life. It doesn't exist in a vacuum.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              The problem is that the internet is a reflection of real life. It doesn't exist in a vacuum.
              This is 100% true, so I present this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1635092

In the end, words suck. We need to address the fact that society thinks its okay to threaten people for their amusement. But maybe we should try to stop killing each other first. If we can't get over that hump, does it really matter is someone makes an empty threat about sandpaper?

Comment

A guy proposed to marry me that was half demon half angel. How's that for real?

Its going to be subjective to how you navigate your on-line time. Both the spooky and the non threatening exists on line depending upon the scenario. I won't discount either.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

LOL - it's more like a reflection of the human subconscious. A small stack of gold buried in an enormous pile of stuff we'd rather not see, touch, or smell...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X