Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

an it harm none : meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: an it harm none : meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan?

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
    Nuts are so great. I have to watch myself with them because I will just devour them!

I've heard tahini can be quite good with oatmeal though.

You mentioned allergies in a post that followed this one, so I don't know whether any of these suggestions will help, but tofu, edamame and tempeh are some of my favourites to put into dishes. Tempeh especially for things like a red sauce dish. There's also a thing called seitan, it's basically gluten. You can make it at home, or buy it in some places.
    She's allergic to legumes (and some other stuff)---so no soy.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

When you come up with a pork sausage that grows on a plant,let me know..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
        Nuts are so great. I have to watch myself with them because I will just devour them!

I've heard tahini can be quite good with oatmeal though.

You mentioned allergies in a post that followed this one, so I don't know whether any of these suggestions will help, but tofu, edamame and tempeh are some of my favourites to put into dishes. Tempeh especially for things like a red sauce dish. There's also a thing called seitan, it's basically gluten. You can make it at home, or buy it in some places.
        Yeah, like thal said....I'm severely allergic to soy (and all other legumes, among other things), so tofu, tempeh, and such are out. I'd try seitan, but I think it will give me stomach cramps. I'm not gluten intolerant, but I tend to get gassy, bloated, and crampy when I eat too much wheat!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          She's allergic to legumes (and some other stuff)---so no soy.
          Oh wow! Thank you for letting me know!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          When you come up with a pork sausage that grows on a plant,let me know..
          Strangely enough, the vego sausages can be pretty good. I loved sausages made from animals, but the stuff from Frys isn't half bad. There's no 'thick' sausages, yet. But it's just a matter of time. I'm hoping to one day get off my butt and try and make my own. But....like....uhmmm....lack of protein or something.

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          Yeah, like thal said....I'm severely allergic to soy (and all other legumes, among other things), so tofu, tempeh, and such are out. I'd try seitan, but I think it will give me stomach cramps. I'm not gluten intolerant, but I tend to get gassy, bloated, and crampy when I eat too much wheat!
          That's too bad. I understand where you're coming from with the too much wheat thing, my partner's the same. That does pose a bit of a question....Hmmmmm.....

Maybe there's some 'raw food' stuff that you could try? (Different people have different definitions of 'raw', it's not all uncooked fruit :P). Also, I think Hungry Hungry Hippie might have some recipes you might want to try, it's a nice website. Her son has soy and gluten intolerance from memory, so her recipes might be good for you. I'm just trying to think of a way for you to get variety in your meals, if not for any other reason than I can't stand the thought of someone looking at a meal and going "Urgh, this again?". :P

Comment

I checked it out...looks like some good recipes. Some of them I'm still allergic to (lentils are also legumes, so those are out) and some things aren't really feasible where I am (almond milk is soooooo expensive and I am on a very limited budget...that's the other issue with me and food. I'm poor). But there are lots of recipes with foods I eat, like quinoa and squash, so I'll have to try a few

Comment

Working...
            X