Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

42%

"Everything in moderation - including moderation."
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Comment

Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Re: Are you a psychopath?

Doc and I got around the same. Mine was 82%.

I retook it and got a 73%.

I'm not going to even bother with a third attempt to try and prove I'm nice.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                Doc and I got around the same. Mine was 82%.

I retook it and got a 73%.

I'm not going to even bother with a third attempt to try and prove I'm nice.
                Glad to know I've got a fellow psycho hanging around

Honestly though, it seems to be a bit more about "How stubborn/ambitious/take-no-shit" are you, rather than how psychopathic you are. At least from the descriptions at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless I have the definition of psychopath wrong.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I got 64% not bad exactly how I am
                  Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    Glad to know I've got a fellow psycho hanging around

Honestly though, it seems to be a bit more about "How stubborn/ambitious/take-no-shit" are you, rather than how psychopathic you are.
                    That was my thinking, too.

That and the infamous statistics-based black hole. Like, out of however many psychopaths were surveyed, at some point, x of them answered like this. Not as any prediction or indication but as a statistical anomaly. "The rise of the industrial revolution is inversely proportional to the fall of 18th and/or 19th century pirating/privateering." Ooh! A connection!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

The difference between a psychopath and a highly ambitious person has to do with empathy - the psychopath does have any.

A person can be highly cut throat in business and fire 10,000 employees to save money on the bottom line, but if he/she doesn't feel anything when his/her pet cat is hit by a car, he/she is probably a psychopath (or sociopath).
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Only 12%. Funny, most humans who don't value non-human life would most likely call be a psychopath.
                        "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

I keep reminding myself that it's all just for fun. Just like this common recurrence where I profess to be, "definitively, a sociopath". The use of semantics, ambiguity of language, and anecdotal composition/division techniques, make even the most remote definitions appear to fit.

Master Corbin's reference to my "Fluffy" getting killed by a passing car, on the highway, would have me in tears, for days. Possibly weeks. The young man whose life slipped away, in my hands, waiting for paramedics or police to show up, after he was hit on a highway by some hit-and-run driver, still hits me hard, when I think of it, more than 25 years later.

It's the value that I attribute to people, and especially animals, by my interaction with them. Eating a hamburger, seeing a dead deer, breaking a rabbit's neck, or looking at corpses left after Katrina, I have no emotional stake, whatsoever, in the lives that have no personal value, to me. What is defined as "shock" can also be defined as a morbid curiosity, since I rather enjoy being shocked, and find it an exceedingly rare occurrence.

Add to that, the philosophy, or even reality, of the Circle of Life. Everything that has ever lived is dead. Everything that is now alive will die. It's a normal progression, regardless of the means of death. Or the timing of it. People I know as friends and family have meaning, in my life, and I consider my pets to be family. Pragmatic, in a sense, but also cynical, clinical and distant, that disassociation toward all others *could* mean psychopathic behavior. I enjoy that ambiguity. I thrive on it.

Which make games like this quiz rather interesting. Inaccurate as all get out but still an interesting waste of time.

Comment

When I was taking psychology courses the class took a "Mach test," (the actual test given to psychiatric patients).

The purpose of the test is to find out how "Machiavellian" one is - which, theoretically, translates to how ruthless one is. I was surprised to find that I scored in the very HIGHEST percentile - which should mean that you don't want to be in my way if there is something I want because I will try to totally destroy you.

Sound like me?

It's not me at all. The problem with the test is that it asked if I agree with certain statements, like "do people prefer being flattered to being told the truth?" or "if a person wants to keep their power over others, is it better to completely destroy their enemies, or to try to work around them?"

I answer "yes" to the first, and "destroy" to the second. Experience has shown me that most people avoid the truth, and logic tells me that if you destroy an enemy, they can't bother you later. That's Machiavellian thinking.

However, what it should have asked but didn't, and, if asked and the response properly weighted, would have brought my score way, way down, is: "is that what you would do?"

I'd have answered "no."

Flawed test...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              "Mach test,"
                              Yeah I just took an online version and got 82/100 for Machiavellianism. I see why you are saying there are flaws in it, no real choice.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Heh, while destroy is the Machiavelli answer (provided that I remember The Prince accurately), I just dislike the question. Destroying an enemy can create new ones in some scenarios just as failure to destroy one can lead to huge issues when they come at you later in other scenarios. The question is assuming a general answer to an issue that should be judged situationally. Well, that and it doesn't properly include converting your enemy which can (situationally) trump the others.

Right, I'll be good now.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X