X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movie "Frozen" is satanic?

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
    It seems like anytime something gets popular, from Harry Potter to Pokemon, somebody comes along saying its the work of the Devil.

I had no idea the Devil was so good at game making, authorship, and screenwriting! *sigh*
    The Devil exchanges talent for souls.

Comment

Though I think we could all agree that "Bugs Bunny" is probably the devil incarnate being that he is a major trickster.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
        People have been looking for a Disney heart of darkness for a long time. Partially because the company bills itself as the penultimate family friendly brand. Back when I was a kid/teen it was folks insisting that the clouds spelled SEX in Lion King, that there was an erect male member in Little Mermaid, and that a voice tells Jasmine to take off all her clothes.
        when the little mermaid came out there was controversy over Ariel's legs being too sexual.
        a lot of the animators do sometimes put in one frame of something naughty. like with Betty Boop they actually did put in one frame of her vagina. and there was one confirmed report where they put in a picture of a topless woman in the Disney film the Rescuers. the latter Disney was not sure If it was done by the animators as a joke or was done in the final edits. what was known was there was a massive recall of the films and they were replaced with carefully edited films which made sure the topless pic was not in it. also in the original Fantasia, Disney had topless scenes of the female centaurs and harpies. it was censored at the time and can be viewed now. so people did get paranoid or use those instances as an excuse to pursue the matter.as they love to cause problems.

Ironically, no one who spouts these sorts of conspiracy theories ever gets all up in arms about Disney's involvement in the trajectory from "cute" to "sexy" of young stars like Brittany Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc, etc.
        that was because they were not working for Disney when they went to "sexy".

now with Frozen. this is just another ridiculous accusation by another right wing nutter.
        Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

True, lightdragon...I seem to also remember similar accusations to the Betty Boop one in regards to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Now that it's all done via computers, that sort of "insert one naughty frame" bit is impossible, though.

...and I've never minded the artistic nudity in Fantasia. Just the edited burro with African features.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't like Frozen. I feel like they diverged from the mono-myth in ways that damaged the story they wanted to tell. I also was too bothered by plot holes in the theatre to sit back and enjoy like I did with Tangled(which really hit home for me). "Let It Go" was the highlight for me (even if she seemed to go right back to the same self-doubt she had before), so I can understand why there are so many people loving it.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Dez, for movies it's all done with computers. especially with Disney. framework is still done with some tv shows. a good percentage of the Saturday morning cartoons and cable ones are still done with framework.

also I never minded the artistic nudity either.

now storywise with Frozen I felt it was missing something also. but from what I gathered there is supposed to be the DVD coming out added footage to it. usually this is done now to evade pirating of movies. because as soon as it hits the theaters someone will make bootleg copies or throw it on a torrent systems. even on youtube they throw it there. either in parts or complete movies.so they loose a lot of sales in theaters . with the added features you will most likely buy the DVD. so now when you see a movie in a theater it is more like a very long trailer for the actual movie. a good example would be The Hobbit.
            Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Seriously guys don't watch it, once I finished it I had four demons and two goats spitting blood show up at my door. When I asked what they needed they said they heard frozen playing and came running.

But all jokes aside, I haven't watched the movie. But people like this will take anything and find a way to relate it to satan somehow. They just want to have a cause, they want to believe they can fight evil, since they're too damn scared to go sign up for the army or something and solve actual problems.
              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
              And planted firm Britannia's flag
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              And joined in love together,
              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Here is a "Funny" story. My son and daughter both attended a church school(My ex wanted our kids there). I gave a book by peirs anthony (the Xanth series) to my son to read,that series has a LOT of fantasy and magic. WE(my ex and I) got called in to talk to the school principle because they saw the book my son was reading. This principle did about half an hour "Lecture" on the "Dangers" of said book" ending with the statement "We think your son is losing touch with reality". That is when I stood up and said to him "Someone is losing touch with reality,but it is not my son"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

While watching this movie (I didn't have any exposure to the movie or what it was about before seeing it), this is the message / imagery I got:

Two sisters are close but one of them has a certain quality that turns people cold (in the head or in the heart), and so she is hidden away from the world by her parents. When her parents die, she continues to hide herself away voluntarily so that nobody will discover her secret.

Eventually she is forced to engage with the rest of humanity, but her fear of discovery reveals her secret and she flees. It was at about this point that I became concious of the homosexual theme. If you pay attention to the lyrics of the song "let it go", you'll notice it doesn't really have a lot to do with the story line.
                  1st verse, pretty generic teenage angst thinly veiled and massaged to fitted to the story.
                  Chorus - not even close to the story line. Where in the movie was she being the good girl that she always had to be? She was locked away in a room by herself for goodness sake. Oh, but the room was a metaphor; I forgot...

So the song goes on about letting go of this quality about her that turns hearts and minds against her, and harms everyone about her (ie the frozen kingdom). Then she expresses defiance (the cold never bothered me anyway), followed by false denial that it doesn't effect her because it's out in the open (fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all - which the rest of the movie clearly shows is BS).

This is then followed by a rejection of established morals and ethics (no right, no wrong, no rules for me...), more false denial (I'm free!), defiance (You'll never see me cry!), more defiance (here I stand, and here I'll stay), resignation and anger (let the storm rage on), and finally, defiance (the cold never bothered me anyway).

Interesting to me is that the actual trigger that caught my attention were these verses:
                  I am one with the wind and sky,
                  My power flurries through the air into the ground,
                  I will rise like the break of dawn.

Now where have I seen that before...

So anyway, she stomps off into the wilderness to build this big castle in the air, heavily defended and guarded by a rather unfriendly character.
                  Her sister is the only one who cares about her and so she overcomes the defences but her heart eventually turns and by the time the movie comes to the end, her sister becomes dead to her. But in an act of sisterly love, the damage is reversed and she gets her sister back, everything is made whole and they live happily ever after.

Long story short - "sisterly love" saves all.

Since we know a tree by its fruit, lets inspect the fruit:

A closeted individual who has something to hide.
                  Once "outed", they respond with:
                  defiance
                  false denial
                  anger
                  rejection of established ethics, morals, and boundaries
                  resignation

There's the fruit, now match the tree.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, labelling this movie as Satanic is about as accurate as labelling it Christian.

It clearly deals with controversial adult themes and serves it to children in an esoteric way.

I have to wonder about the motives in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  I don't get that. I think that this whole article is just a way to put out hate towards gays/homosexuals. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual.
                  Unfortunately for the homosexual, there is an overwhelming proportion of our society that believes in a God that disagrees with your opinion.
                  Unfortunately for this overwhelming proportion of our society, their own sin is viewed as equally distasteful by their God, and they fail to keep this in mind.

There is serious payback waiting for the intolerant Christian who wilfully ignores their responsibilities given to them.

The use of the word hate, and hate speech, I find an interesting development in this time.
                  There are people who hate others this is true, and there are people who talk with hateful words and intent toward others.

There are also people who hate the actions of others, or hate the power behind what others do without hating the person.
                  Our modern lingo seems to make no distinction between the two, which is a serious error in thinking.

My hope is that before using the word "hate", and the term "hate speech" to label someone else's actions, people would take some time to discern the difference.

I haven't listened to these people, and your assessment might be accurate. I just hope you are aware of the difference.

Comment

I am aware of the difference having heard the term "Hate the sin,but love the sinner" a few to many times. This imply's to the person they are "Bad" but you do not condemn them because YOU are so "Good" Not to attack but I find this concept a bit of a way to condemn without seeming to be hateful.

My opinion is just that, my opinion

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      I am aware of the difference having heard the term "Hate the sin,but love the sinner" a few to many times. This imply's to the person they are "Bad" but you do not condemn them because YOU are so "Good" Not to attack but I find this concept a bit of a way to condemn without seeming to be hateful.

My opinion is just that, my opinion
                      That is one interpretation and there are certainly enough self-righteous people floating around to justify it. It's not the only application of that logic though. I've seen a handful of cases where that interpretation is way off the mark.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I can agree if perhaps a person murdered someone,to still find enough humanity to not continue to hate this person. There was a woman whose child was killed,and she found the ability to forgive the person that was her child's killer.
                        This I find admirable because it is not the usual reaction of people. The woman understood that to continue to hate would do her more harm than to the killer.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I guess The Devil just loves gay people. He's very progressive. Imagine that. A deity loving gay people. What a horrible horrible thing. He also loves metal. And the color black. Candles. Oh he hates salt. Hence why you throw it over your shoulder. He has high blood pressure. Must be all that multi tasking he does. Making people kill their kids. Making people shake their hips to that 'devil' music. Making people take the last piece of pie! Tsk Tsk.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hay,get your devil hand off my PIE!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

*look over there!

*paws last slice of pie away......
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

OMG! There was pie and I missed it!
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X