This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movie "Frozen" is satanic?

I pretty much assume the people who write these theories that it's propaganda or satanic or whatever have never actually seen it

Comment

This is one of the most most favorite Disney movies. It has all the magic that one can expect from a Disney movie.
      Martina Harrison

Comment

It always amazes me, one side claims it's satanic. Then the gay side always jumps up and claims it's all about homosexual lifestyles and coming out. Same old song and dance whether it was Sam and Frodo on LOTR, Care Bears, Frozen or hundreds of other movies. Each person who watches it will come away with a story line that supports their own agenda. That and find a way to make the music, lines, background, etc support what they are trying to purpose it means.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Just to paint a different picture than the gay / satanic angle though i'd post this.

The story serves to paint the two extreme's within the cultural content of a woman's perceived place. You have two sisters placed within the traditional expectations of social and cultural norms. The castle to an extent even representative of the confining and restrictive social norms they will have to function within. Yet also revealing in the potential destructive nature of stepping outside of those norms.

So you have Anna who steps quickly into the accepted social norm of marriage and proper place in assumed society. Yet it reveals the danger of blind acceptance as well when you consider the outcome of her betrothal. She would give up her freedom and individuality, which her sister seems to suspect and intervenes to prevent. With the struggle that ensues Anna is forced to face that perspective of blind acceptance and expectations. She has to face through adventure and struggle the whole understanding she has of self and her individual strengths and expectations and beliefs. Through her struggle and adventure she discovers strength within herself and her perspective of womanhood. She still finds love and social norms but also a place of personal power and attainment of that power and position.

Elsa is the other extreme of cultural and social norms. She holds power yet is restricted from embracing it and utilizing that power. Struggles so much so that when she does release it the outcome is catastrophic to the social and cultural norms. She becomes the true "Cold Hearted Bitch" that socially is painted upon so many strong women and frequently the subject of many rants by social and religious groups speaking about the downfall of society. Behind her is turmoil and unrest towards what is perceived as being created when the social / cultural norms are broken and tossed aside. Yet it also reveals the assumed freedom and destruction that is inflicted upon the person (woman) who forsakes her traditional place and power. To a degree even the notion of self destruction through self imposing. Then you have the social / cultural norms that are enforced in an attempt to discredit her and remove her from a place of influence upon the social / cultural norms and expectations.

The play of the two female characters to a degree also shows the conflict between those who cling to traditional roles for women, mother and homemaker and the harder feminist who seeks release from them. To a certain extent the very conflict that exists between the two groups yet the bonding strength that holds them together should they choose to call upon it. In the end it is the traditional role that comes to the rescue of the non-traditional role and sacrifices itself to support it. Yet in sacrifice does the rebel discover the strength and support that is present and how there is strength and purpose to both positions.

From an article and discussion a sacrifice and support that 1st and 2nd generation feminist recognize in their sisters who support them yet retain their own power and strength within the traditional role. However, also gaining enlightenment to a degree in that they claim their strength even while staying in the traditional role. The sister who rebels gains strength and stability of her own through the support and understanding of those sisters who support her rebellious nature towards traditional expectations.

To a degree I think it also shows that there is potential for a strong and independent woman to exist within the accepted social / cultural norms. Even stronger is that the cultural / social norms are capable of bending and evolving to accept those strengths while the rebel discovers that the traditional also has strengths and purposes that are not limiting.

Granted this is a rough comparison and demands more considering but it is still a threat to the established social norms and many religious groups. In many ways reflective of the current ongoing chaos and conflict that is occurring within social and cultural norms. To a degree reflective of the separation between many modern feminist and traditional roles for women within society and recognition of the strengths and weakness of both extremes.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Bravo bravo,very nicely thought out and an interesting perspective.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've never seen the movie, but from all the descriptions I've read, Monsno's seems to be the most accurate interpretation. Now as for the poisoning of a child's mind....

I remember watching He-man when I was younger and not once thinking about gay people. I didn't even know what gay was back then. Then, when I got older I heard some of that He-man is a gay cartoon spiel and laughed about it. I don't hear any children complaining about what they're watching confusing their sexual agenda. How many straight people watched He-man as a kid? Hands? Anyone who "understands the message" is full of crap. I have read three interpretations of this movie. That just proves that if you want it to be there, it will be. This satanic movie bashing is just an example of, "If you're looking for an answer, you're going to find it, even if you have to change the meaning to suit your agenda." Anyone can do that.

Ahem!

"I am here to prove that women are subservient to men. Look at the hand! What shape are the fingers? Their shape is phallic! This means women are ten times the property of men! Look at the nose, how it protrudes from the face! Or the toes! A woman is a man's property!"

"Shouldn't men belong to women, too, then? What about the ear? It has a hole just like a..."

"Silence! I have spoken...."

Anyone can come up with an agenda. That's easy. Find an emotion, like fear, cling to it, and let what's out there in the world justify your insanity... Aren't there places with padded walls for these people?

Comment

Originally posted by feathered_regalia View Post
                Then, when I got older I heard some of that He-man is a gay cartoon spiel and laughed about it.
                I have no idea where they're getting that thought from.

Nothing even remotely suspect about that show.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I thought is was a cute movie about cute animated ladies who like to randomly burst into song! Who doesn't like to burst into song?
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

so without starting another thread on this. now people are saying this movie leads to getting your children interested in witchcraft.
                    Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.
                    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Because of course they are.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by lightdragon View Post
                        so without starting another thread on this. now people are saying this movie leads to getting your children interested in witchcraft.
                        http://www.examiner.com/article/kevi...-to-witchcraft

I used to be irritated by people like this...

...and then I had kids.

I use movies as the vehicle to teach my kids about all sorts of things--including Pagan things. I'm still irritated by people like this, but now I realize that I'd only prove his point if he knew about me.
                        Last edited by thalassa; 01 Apr 2014, 05:23.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

this is so stupid . im gay and satanist and i honestly i dont see how frozen turns kids gay or is any way satanic . got to give it to bible thumpen conservatives they run own and opperate crazy town
                          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                            this is so stupid . im gay and satanist and i honestly i dont see how frozen turns kids gay or is any way satanic . got to give it to bible thumpen conservatives they run own and opperate crazy town
                            a little OT but you should see what the bible thumpers from Oklahoma have to say about Neil Degrasse Tyson's Cosmos. they will testify that the show causes demonic possession of children who watch it. and as one person on my Fb friends list said" you can not make this shit up"
                            Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

my bible thumpin mom was laughin her ass off when i told her about this article :XD laugh::XD laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X