Clear All

Re: 24 injured in knife attack at High School

And now of course they have robotic cockroaches

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/13/...-in-disasters/

- - - Updated - - -

And now of course they have robotic cockroaches

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/13/...-in-disasters/
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Political mind control is a term that relates to the use of key words and phrases used by political parties to manipulate how people make decisions and accept actions. Shows like Bill Maher and The Daily Show have showcased this with various authors. Another common term is political wordsmithing. Fox News is a master of this as showcased in a Rolling Stones issue about two years ago. The example shown focused on how they would say something like weapons of mass destruction on a show at 6:00 am and every show for the entire day would back up that phrase in one way or another. By 11:30 pm you, if watched most of the day, would think that since you heard it from all these people it must be true. They know this is effective because when they interviewed viewers of this channel they (the viewers) tended to use the exact phrases that were said on the shows.

Politicians in the government are now using these tactics with media backing and making sure everyone in their party uses the same phrase/words. It is impacting how average people are responding to some serious issues.

The problem with modern society may well be overabundance. Too much of something makes it hard to really satisfy the masses, it creates sensory overload. Even the poorest among us can buy a Taco Bell meal but does that really satisfy the hunger or does it just make you angry that you cannot eat a steak at a high end restaurant. Your hunger is being "appeased" but it doesn't give your body the same feeling. It tends to be more of an empty feeling.

In the mornings when I type it is on a tiny little screen with little time so it is easy to make mistakes-English teachers are proud I am sure. I suppose you could say I was digressing from my regressing. With word slips aside the world in respects to humans is a brutal place. We think that only kids today would do such horrible things but ignore that kids have always been capable of doing horrible things. Teen-agers are not adults because they in general do not have the understanding or grasp on life the same way as someone farther along in age. This is why they make great soldiers because you can shape mold and influence them however you want.

As for the USA in general since the end of the American Civil War we see a move towards a more civil society. Before that it really was a hostile and brutal environment what with slavery, natives uprisings, lack of education and medicine for example. The war would spark an education and scientific/medical boom, it created opportunity for everyone even those previously enslaved and pushed the USA towards fulfilling its manifest destiny. The violence and harshness is always there, waiting for its primal instincts to be unleashed, but society in general is preoccupied with seeking a better way. You can go too far in this and become complacent.

There is no one to guide the youth or be a leader to them, no one they can look up to or be a positive part of something. We scared them or their parents into thinking the world is full of bad people and things, which it is, but society can overcome these if it works as a whole.

Social Security is there so old people no longer lay in the streets dying-which they did. We have food stamps and social programs so that you are not robbed walking down the streets or have a mob attack your property and take everything you own-which they did. We have schools so at least people can read and write at the most basic levels, we provide emergency hospitals so we do not have to see death and disease on the streets-which we used to.

This brings us back to our youth who seek an outlet through violence, a primal instinct that is waiting inside all of us, but now there is empty fulfillment, fear and a desire for being noticed even if it is in doing something really bad. Those guys on Jackass did some crazy stuff but I stabbed 20 people how's that bottle rocket in your ass now?

Comment

Originally posted by Historyforall View Post
        [snip]

A very well worded response. I very much appreciate the effort. There's still a few points that I disagree with but this isn't a debate.

**However, with that said, I've just a small piece of advice, here: there isn't much room for exemptions or exceptions in such general, sweeping statements. You might want to bring in a sense of personal viewpoint or at least start using more ambiguous terms like most, many, some, seemingly and what-have-you. You'll be far less likely to be taken to task for blanket statements that, for the most part, ignore significant evidence to the contrary, how ever outweighed by consensus or majority.

It's just a thought. It's not like you *have* to follow anyone's advice, right? LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

In some cases, also, the attackers (it was said before) were described as shy, friendly and nice. There are also the once who suffer from bullies in school and want revenge. So they take a knife/gun and kill the bullies one night in a dark alley.
          During the interview the cop asks: "why did you kill them?"
          The student replies: "They deserved that. They enjoyed hurting people like me; now I have got my revenge..."

So the attacker goes to prison/colony... And then what? Such cases keep coming up, maybe in a bit different versions.
          In my opinion there is a need to increase the positive and friendly relationships among students. If anyone comes to school in order to learn only, the world will soon become cold as ice and the humans will behave like robots... It is really scary..
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            In my opinion there is a need to increase the positive and friendly relationships among students. If anyone comes to school in order to learn only, the world will soon become cold as ice and the humans will behave like robots... It is really scary..
            Very good, very wise.

Now when you can tell us how to do it, you'll really have something...

(Before you begin, let me point out that everything you will suggest has been tried. They only work for certain students, and only sometimes.)

P.s. - I don't believe I've ever seen a student who came to school just to learn. Most of the students who cause major disruptions, however, come only to socialize.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My imagination isn't very good. It's up to the teachers and parents to deal with it. For some reason, I think that the parents of the student didn't pay too much attention to his education - both of his mind and behaviour.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                My imagination isn't very good. It's up to the teachers and parents to deal with it.
                They try. They need answers, though. Or at least thoughts and ideas.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Many if not all humans "HIDE" their true feelings,and this applies to the "Bullies" as well. There is a reason a person "picks" on another person. Many of the "pickers" are as damaged as the people they seek to hurt,and it seems to me it is an attempt to "Heal" their own vision of the world around them.

As always just my perception of human behavior,after all I am no Dr. Phil....
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It is possible. It's a very big subject.

Considering the fact that those whose spirit is low, weak (or another similar word you want to call it) often "pick" the ones who are weaker... Animals for instance- small dogs, cats, insects...
                    They don't think that there is another way to get out of their situation and raise their spirit status, or they can't just find a suitable way.

Comment

I don't think the "hiding the emotions" thing is a "human" thing (as in, I don't believe people withhold their emotions *because* they're human). I think they hide their emotions because we are taught to fear them.

Well, and as pointed out. those of us that have always been curious about how other people feel emotions have come under some pretty heavy bullying when we were younger by *being* emotional (or recognizing that).

I think it's culture. Our culture sucks. I have better culture between my toes.

Comment

Working...
                      X