This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dressing for 'service'

I typically just do stuff in whatever I happen to be wearing, but sometimes for certain holidays I like to dress up. Like for Beltane I've got a white sundress that I typically wear and a few years ago when I bought the dress I made a flower crown out of some store bought silk ones so it would last as long as I kept taking care of it to wear around all day.
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

I'm still on the fence about the idea of God(s), Source, or what have you 'caring' whether or not you dress up..I do however strongly believe that dressing up puts us in a frame of mind and that frame of mind can very much affect how we direct our energies and interact with our particular connection with divinity.. I also do see it as showing respect as well..but to that end I was raised in a family that would dress up for special occasions and at least a little bit for church as well.

Comment

My opinion is the same as most opinions it seems. The dress code is for your state of mind. I have a lovely druidic robe with celtic work decorating the front and back, however it rarely sees use. It was used in the path for working with others to help convey the nature of a ritualistic setting because it does come in handy as a focusing aid when there are multiple people involved. Other than that, I don't even really do rituals since I view all tools as just different focusing aids. I just gather energy, give it a purpose and send it on its way, which has worked for me so far (I have a roof over my head and my bf has a job just one month after doing this sort of spellwork). But if I really need a focusing tool, I tend to use gemstones instead of wardrobe. They make me so happy .

Comment

I don't possess any ritual garb so I just wear casual clothing. I try stick to colour correspondences and I wear the appropriate crystal for the event or purpose of my ritual or just simply my pentacle. I would really like a good robe though, but I am no good at sewing and I haven't been able to find a nice one that doesn't cost an outlandish amount of money.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't formally dress for any of my rituals, when I actually have them. If I was going very recon based, I could dress in white, but that is beyond my means at this moment.

Maybe for the future, when I have a more formal shrine and Deity statues.
            Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

I'm working on creating my own first pair of ritual robes... green crushed velvet.

Comment

At my church, we have dress codes for rostered on musicians and ministers. Guys are expected to wear long pants and ladies wear sleeves and nothing above the knee. It's not an overly fussy code, but I really hate having one. It's very impractical for guys to wear long pants on a lit stage in the heat of summer and also it just smacks of vanity to me, no matter how many Bible verses they quote to me about honouring God with how you present yourself. At least we don't go as far as colour coordinating!

Comment

I have two robes - black and brown - but i haven't use them at all. I'm solitary practitioner, so i do all my indoor rituals naked. (If i'd have a company - then i would use my robes) I do my outdoor rituals in the woods, so i usually dress as weather allowes.
                  Pray the Gods - Fine - But keep rowing to shore.

Comment

Always ceremonial robes, just puts me in the mindset for ritual and magick

Comment

For rituals I bathe and wear loose, comfortable lounge wear when doing my workings. I like to incorporate relevant colors when i can as well. Alternatively, i have done quick incantations at work so... sometimes convenience wins. I also kind of wear whatever when reading tarot.

Comment

I used to always wear this black velvet dress for rituals when I was first starting out until I out grew it. After that, I would just wear whatever. Recently, I've been trying skyclad out, but I don't think it makes a real difference. The state of mind I'm in matters more.

Comment

I wear whatever is comfortable. I feel like restrictive clothing restricts energy. So, probably sun dresses and flowy peasant blouses (which is probably what I'm wearing on any given spring or summer day). I am such a hippie.

Comment

Whatever's comfy and happy, If I'm happy then the Spirits, Lord and Lady are happy and more inclined to listen. Positive energy and all that. ;P
                            I never wear anything special for church - I only go once a year (Xmas, family tradition and all) though I usually remove any symbolism I may be wearing.
                            Work hard Play hard.
                            What is history?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                              Skyclad all the way!
                              Me too! No make-up, no clothes, no worries. c: It helps me to worship and meditate way easier. Mostly because I don't like clothes. >w<
                              Sometimes I like to dress up in a summer dress I made, mostly for Spring Equinox. I also like to wear a tank top made of a brown, soft material. It clings, and comes above the belly button. It makes me feel empowered! I love the natural human body, so Skyclad wins above all else for me. c:
                              Last edited by Cerdivae Song; 29 Jun 2014, 18:44.

Comment

I'm very tomboyish, so the most I do when I go to rituals is wear a skirt or something else a bit more feminine. Not sure why this is, I didn't even notice I was doing it the first few times. It might, in fact, be a hold over from old church habits. But I think it's really just a small reminder that I'm going somewhere special; it becomes a beginning step for getting in the mindset of approaching the gods/spirits/ancestors with a group.

Comment

Working...
                                X