This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dressing for 'service'

I always take a ritual bath first and the last few times it's been yoga pants and a tshirt. When I was younger and didn't have a teenager that could pop up at any time it was skyclad in the house and a loose robe for outside. Although my son is pretty easy going it's the kinder thing to do to not go skyclad hehe

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      I wear whatever is comfortable. I feel like restrictive clothing restricts energy. So, probably sun dresses and flowy peasant blouses (which is probably what I'm wearing on any given spring or summer day). I am such a hippie.
      Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      I wore dresses to church back when I went. And I would still want to look nice if I went to the UU or something. Ritual? I'm not there yet. I think I may do rituals again someday, and when I do, I'd want to look nice. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing any sort of ritual skyclad. The idea just goes against the grain.

A combination of the above two is my style generally.

Comment

To me, clothing is not an issue during ritual. What is important is that we approach the Gods with sincerity in our heart and mind. I will usually wear whatever I am wearing at the time, for my rituals.

Back when I was Catholic I would usually dress rather casually for church. I made sure that I was presentable, but I generally didn't make an effort to dress up unless there was an important event I was attending.

Comment

It's not that important to me; doesn't matter to my Deities and Spirits, doesn't matter to me. Over the years, I've tried different things ranging from ritual baths to skyclad to special clothing, but overall, eh. What I'm wear/how much I'm wearing doesn't dictate the sacredness or joy of the ritual for me. Regularly clothes are fine. For Them, my actions are more important than my fashion. Although for Hestia, on certain days, I do wear headcoverings, especially during the Vestalia--The Festival of Vesta (She doesn't required it, I do so on my own to honor Her). I wear white veils everyday of it. I hope to wear white on my body, as well. Take a cleansing detox bath, put on a white veil, and hopefully white dress/skirt.

Although I will type that wearing veils helps to shield me--cuts out a lot of "chatter". And I do feel a sacredness when wearing them.
          Last edited by DyslexicPagan; 08 Jul 2014, 07:39. Reason: dyslexic issues

Comment

Working...
          X