Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Psychic Vampire

[quote author=CttCJim link=topic=751.msg18503#msg18503 date=1291079331]
    I suppose after a fashion it's entirely possible that your Hucha is my Sami and vice versa. Interesting concept!
    [/quote]Indeed. But also bear in mind that what may be Sami one moment could very likely be Hucha another. It's all about how we interpret the energies around us at any given moment. In my opinion, energy isn't always plain. It may sometimes be charged. For instance, when I do a fire ceremony, I send Hucha to Pachamana (Mother Earth) and in turn ask for Sami that is right for me at that given moment. Usually this is accompanied with a prayer or request to achieve something specific. But it's not just any energy that I could absorb from my surroundings. It is specifically charged with an intent to get a certain task done and therefore is Sami to me and only me.

So, in my opinion, if you are able to receive energy from people, the channels to send it are also there. I was just curious if you had ever tried to use it for a greater purpose than simply trying to stabilize yourself. Like the example you gave with your wife's waking up process.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=751.msg18507#msg18507 date=1291080297]
      So, in my opinion, if you are able to receive energy from people, the channels to send it are also there.
      [/quote]

This for sure. One of the side-effects of consciously draining energy is becoming more aware of how it moves and can be moved, and gaining greater control over it.
      Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

hmm, i wondered, in question about the energy you drain. let's say you take a run in the park, and after a while, you feel exhausted. Would it help than by draining bypassers to temporarly give you more energy to run again, or is it a different kind of energy?
        Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

[quote author=ghosthaunter link=topic=751.msg28745#msg28745 date=1295023711]
          hmm, i wondered, in question about the energy you drain. let's say you take a run in the park, and after a while, you feel exhausted. Would it help than by draining bypassers to temporarly give you more energy to run again, or is it a different kind of energy?
          [/quote]
          When that happens Im just not getting enough oxygen, and no amount of energy will help with that
          Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg28751#msg28751 date=1295024858]
            When that happens Im just not getting enough oxygen, and no amount of energy will help with that
            [/quote]

Agreed. Psychic energy can help with endurance, because it has an effect on the body's self-maintenance and repair processes. But it does not give anyone superhuman powers. If anything, fulfilling this need levels me off to what would be "normal" for anyone else.

Let me be very clear on this, in case anyone is thinking it: Energy feeding is not an ability to seek. Recreational use of it is at best morally gray. At worst, it constitutes psychic assault. A psychic vampire is someone who supplements themselves with external energy sources because they cannot produce enough on their own. Think of it like a person with bad bone marrow needing blood transfusions to keep their counts up.

Comment

^ got me thinking. I personally gain energy from every one I come in contact with. Negative energy from some positive from others. I will choose to be around certain people on purpose because I need the energy they give me. I don't "feed" off this person but just being around them gives me their energy. For example if I get in an argument with someone I always like to hang out with my friend Jessica because she has a very calm and diplomatic energy usually after being around her I also have gained that calming energy and can handle that argument with diplomacy rather than rage. Does this mean that in varying degrees we are all forms of psychic vampires though there are some that need the energy and actively have to "feed"? Where for some just being with a person long enough balances out their energy. I hope I'm making sense.... It's really early in the morning lol
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=751.msg29689#msg29689 date=1295447397]
                ^ got me thinking. I personally gain energy from every one I come in contact with. Negative energy from some positive from others. I will choose to be around certain people on purpose because I need the energy they give me. I don't "feed" off this person but just being around them gives me their energy. For example if I get in an argument with someone I always like to hang out with my friend Jessica because she has a very calm and diplomatic energy usually after being around her I also have gained that calming energy and can handle that argument with diplomacy rather than rage. Does this mean that in varying degrees we are all forms of psychic vampires though there are some that need the energy and actively have to "feed"? Where for some just being with a person long enough balances out their energy. I hope I'm making sense.... It's really early in the morning lol
                [/quote]

This is normal energy constantly flows in and out of people. Emotions are one of the most ambient forms of psychic energy so it would stand to reason absorbing this energy clauses the emotions to become visable in the recipient. I think the cause of empaths is what happens when someone is too good a t that.
                Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg29738#msg29738 date=1295471330]
                  This is normal energy constantly flows in and out of people. Emotions are one of the most ambient forms of psychic energy so it would stand to reason absorbing this energy clauses the emotions to become visable in the recipient. I think the cause of empaths is what happens when someone is too good a t that.
                  [/quote]

Seconded. None of us exists in a little bubble - we are all affected by the ebb and flow of energies around us. The difference is, where the currents and eddies flow through you, giving and taking, I have to drink the water.

Comment

Thanks guys. It was a cool thought though... that there is a little vampire in all of us :P

Yeah... I watched Buffy too much as a teenager...
                    sigpic

Comment

This is a really interesting thread!

I was wondering, do you think people can be psychic vampires without even realizing it? I share an office with my boss, and when she isn't here I feel fine, but the second she comes in I feel drained. Yesterday I was so drained I could barely hold my head up, but once I left the office, I started feeling better. Is this how people feel when too much energy is drained away?
                      It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

[quote author=MistressVarda link=topic=751.msg29851#msg29851 date=1295544675]
                        This is a really interesting thread!

I was wondering, do you think people can be psychic vampires without even realizing it? I share an office with my boss, and when she isn't here I feel fine, but the second she comes in I feel drained. Yesterday I was so drained I could barely hold my head up, but once I left the office, I started feeling better. Is this how people feel when too much energy is drained away?
                        [/quote]
                        Yes to both questions. I only determined I was one quite recently. I beoive that's how people feel when they are drained its how I feel when I need energy, I that and empty.
                        Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg29875#msg29875 date=1295556025]
                          Yes to both questions. I only determined I was one quite recently. I beoive that's how people feel when they are drained its how I feel when I need energy, I that and empty.
                          [/quote]

Seconded again! In the OVC (Online Vampire Community), these people are often referred to as "unintentionals," and just about everyone "awakened" (this is a cooler-sounding way to say "aware of their needs" - it's still internet vampires and we're prone to a little dramatic panache) starts out as one. I myself was accused of energy vampirism years before I realized I was guilty of it. Indeed, the best times of those years were when I was with my pagan meetup groups, partly because of the energy high I felt when I was with those great people. I remember one time I was feeling drained and sick of life after a really bad shift at my really bad job, and I knew exactly what I needed. I dragged my butt into Starbucks, sat down in the center of a dozen of my favorite witches - all of whom just exuded positive energy - and in an hour I was feeling cleansed, happy and ready to not kill myself.

Of course, today I'd be more considerate - I'd certainly not intentionally feed from friends like that. But today I'm also able to manage my needs without "bottoming out" first.

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=751.msg29797#msg29797 date=1295508735]
                          Thanks guys. It was a cool thought though... that there is a little vampire in all of us :P

Yeah... I watched Buffy too much as a teenager...
                          [/quote]

Hey, what do you think inspired me to investigate Wicca in the first place, leading to me leaving agnosticism in favor of paganism? (Answer: my eternal crush on Alyson Hannigan and my love of Joss Whedon's writing - little did I know he really, really, REALLY phoned in the whole witch thing. I groan audibly when I watch those episodes now.)

Comment

Working...
                          X