X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hungry wedding guests question

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    See, if you said to me 'I am deathly allergic to x, y, z, and severely allergic to a, b and c' and asked me to come to your house with a dish, I would find a recipe to fit.

Unfortunately, if you came to my wedding, you'd be on your own. But then if I were you, I wouldn't trust a non-catered meal to not kill me. It's possible I wouldn't trust a catered meal to not kill me.
    I snipped the pertinent parts...but this^
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Hungry wedding guests question

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
      See, if you said to me 'I am deathly allergic to x, y, z, and severely allergic to a, b and c' and asked me to come to your house with a dish, I would find a recipe to fit. I mean somewhere on the internet, there'll be a recipe that satisfies that. And if there's not, I'm sure I can make something up. But then, I cook. And I cook from scratch. So that's not scary to me. Having said that... I've never tried it. So maybe I would try and find that I was damned hard to do. But I'd give it a good go.

Unfortunately, if you came to my wedding, you'd be on your own. But then if I were you, I wouldn't trust a non-catered meal to not kill me. It's possible I wouldn't trust a catered meal to not kill me. My mum's cousin is deathly allergic to a million different things, and is often house-bound because of it (it's not just food allergies, but all sorts of things). She doesn't eat out. Ever. If she didn't make the food herself, she doesn't eat it. As you know, too much can be hidden in food that people just don't realise is there, because so many people use pre-prepared ingredients even if they 'cook from scratch'.
      Sure I'm with you there as well. I don't expect other people to cater to my allergies. I'll let them know I have them if the event is at their home (but only because because I've learned that if I don't, awkward situations arise where I can't eat things and people feel weird), but I don't expect them to do anything about it. If it's at a restaurant or a catered event, I'll ask the staff and just skip it if there's any doubt. I support controlling food in schools when young kids have severe allergies, but as an adult, I just take care of myself and don't expect the world to revolve around me

My own home is a different story, though. My house totally revolves around my dietary needs

Comment

Working...
      X