This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a sexy feminist!

The Edwardians had a great way of 'curing' female perversion. I mean..can anyone say bzzzzzzzzz
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      The Edwardians had a great way of 'curing' female perversion. I mean..can anyone say bzzzzzzzzz
      I do believe they called it hysteria back then. God forbid that a woman had actual individual thoughts. But ey, it's not the worst way of being kept in line. Far better than burning ^^
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Haha, if my sexuality was expected to take the form of "lie there and think of England," I'd probably end up in hysterics, too.

Comment

My boss dropped a broom today and said 'sorry I dropped your ride'
          I replied 'I'm a modern witch. I ride a Dirt Devil'

And that's that.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            My boss dropped a broom today and said 'sorry I dropped your ride'
            I replied 'I'm a modern witch. I ride a Dirt Devil'

And that's that.
            I love your boss.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am thinking modern witch on a Rumba(that robot Vacuum)

Seems small to ride on,but just use a shrink spell...(Cats love it)

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
                Summary...my opinion is that Feminism overall has been bad for America. Especially in relationships with men . It may be good for voting priveldges , etc....but basically it lends itself to chaos , dissension, narcissism, hedonism, in a society. All that said, im am for a woman displaying her feminine side concerning physical beauty , charm, intuition , softness, skills , etc... but the hyper sexuality that women have bought into so they can be like an irresponsible man in this regard has only served to destroy the moral fabric of our nation, families, and children . HOW women in a given society use their sexuality determines the sexual climate of a Nation .... women hold an enormous amount of responsibilitly in this regard. ; a Nation that has a high concentration per capita of female sexual immorality or perversion is going to be a Nation that has eroded values, principles, and constructs needed for civility and proper raising of children.

I'm coming back to this because I've been stewing over it for days. Which is probably what you wanted but I'd like to start out by saying. If you can't handle us being strong and independent then you don't get to see our "charms". Those charms that you enjoy seeing are part of our "hyper-sexuality".

Next my FATHER not mother raised me, and he raised me to be a feminist. My feminism has never destroyed any relationship I have had with males. In fact they tend to prefer my company because I demand I be treated the same. For Gods sake I work in a kitchen. In one of the best damn restaurants in Dallas, TX my skills have gotten me where I am not my charms and feminine whiles.

I and the majority of feminist are NOT man haters. We are very thankful for the men that we have in our lives. In fact we prefer strong men who are not cowed by our strength, determination, and sexuality. I am more than capable of taking care myself. However it is nice to know that my man is there for me and CAN take care of me if I need it. I would also like to state that I still like doors being held open for me, I still like my chair being pulled out for me, I still like the man to walk on the outside as protection. Why because being a feminist doesn't mean that I don't like manners. Feminism doesn't take those from the world. What being a feminist means is supporting the idea that all women have the same choices as men.

Being a feminist doesn't mean that I don't want the "traditional" American dream of a white picket fence with a house and a yard full of kids. I have a husband and though we do not have children now it does not mean I don't want them but something I do have going for me is my husband is not afraid to be a stay at home parent if its more beneficial for us.

At the end of the day it doesn't make me physically stronger, it doesn't make me less afraid of water bugs or snakes. It doesn't mean I don't get my feelings hurt that I don't need to be held or loved. What it means is I have just as equal opportunity to make my own decisions as you. Also we aren't destroying the fabric of America. Close minded fools are.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I think it also means just taking us as people, too, rather than saying something like "women are like this" and "men are better at that." Like. it drives me crazy when people think women are always the nurturing ones or that men "just don't see it" when it comes to cleaning. You know who doesn't see the dust in the corners? ME. I don't see it. I am learning how to be around kids, but it doesn't come as naturally to me as my boyfriend, who is totally amazing with children. It just doesn't represent my life, so it bugs me when people think I should be a certain way because I'm a woman. I'm not....I kept spiders and snakes as pets as a kid, played in the forest, but then went home to play dress up in pretty dresses and sewed clothes for my Barbies. I wasn't girly OR a tomboy...I was a bit of both, and still am. I think that describes a lot of men and women, but we keep getting forced into stereotypes.

Equality is a key part of feminism, but I think a big part of it is breaking down gender roles. And by that, I don't mean you can't be a girly girl or a type A male....just that you don't have to be if that's not who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                    Also we aren't destroying the fabric of America. Close minded fools are.
                    I agree with your entire post but this most of all.

Comment

Working...
                    X