Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan woman accidentally killed herself while adjusting bra holster, police say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan woman accidentally killed herself while adjusting bra holster, police sa

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    I know a lady who argued that any and all firearms to be sold to civilians should be required to come only in hot pink. She felt it would discourage people from acquiring and carrying them as status symbols. I was entertained.
    LOL - I like solutions that engage psychology, and an understanding of human nature...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: Michigan woman accidentally killed herself while adjusting bra holster, police sa

OK,stupid is as stupid does,and here is some really stupid stuff from New jersey..

Retired teacher facing 10 years in prison for possession of a 1700s flintlock pistol that may not have been fired since George Washington was alive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ffic-stop.html
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        OK,stupid is as stupid does,and here is some really stupid stuff from New jersey..

Retired teacher facing 10 years in prison for possession of a 1700s flintlock pistol that may not have been fired since George Washington was alive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ffic-stop.html
        That is weird. In the U.S., any gun manufactured prior to 1895 is classed as an "antique and curio," and can be bought & sold without a permit, and even sent through the mail (guns manufactured prior to that generally use obsolete ammunition and criminals tend to spend little time learning to reload. However, as you get close to 1895, this begins to turn into a "loophole" because, at that time, the weapons manufactured are essentially "modern" in design, construction, and ammunition).

I guess the problem is that he had it in his glove compartment - a very bad idea, it would seem...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

More of a problem was he had it in New Jersey...you gotta live here to understand that one..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^ Yup! I told a friend here in the Ozarks about that story. He couldn't believe it.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Think on this B. De. here in Jersey,if you perhaps have a pen knife in your pocket,it is up to a cop to decide if your intent was having it as a weapon concealed or just a pen knife. The cop can arrest you if he decides you have said pen knife as a weapon...so,yeh NJ is a strange place.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Think on this B. De. here in Jersey,if you perhaps have a pen knife in your pocket,it is up to a cop to decide if your intent was having it as a weapon concealed or just a pen knife. The cop can arrest you if he decides you have said pen knife as a weapon...so,yeh NJ is a strange place.
                It's stuff like that that send me to live in the wild lands with the Hillbillies (or Rednecks, or whatever we decided they are).

Robert Heinlein said that, when a society becomes complex enough to require ID, it's time to move. He was a science fiction writer, so for him, it works. Unfortunately, in real life...

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how I did the double post with B. De. in between

- - - Updated - - -

Must have been Jesus intervened

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

And speaking of gun stuff, there's a story about Hugh Jackman being hated on for his views. http://www.forwardprogressives.com/g...rts-gun-sense/

The first line just made me LOL: "Hugh Jackman, actor and handsome man...." I mean, it's true, but it seemed like a strange way to start the article. (Unless Medusa wrote it..... :: )
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      And speaking of gun stuff, there's a story about Hugh Jackman being hated on for his views. http://www.forwardprogressives.com/g...rts-gun-sense/

The first line just made me LOL: "Hugh Jackman, actor and handsome man...." I mean, it's true, but it seemed like a strange way to start the article. (Unless Medusa wrote it..... :: )
                      You know, I love to shoot, and it's quite safe, if you follow a few simple rules.

But I do believe that the vocal gun nuts do more to harm the public's attitude toward my sport than actual events that take place in the world.

I once got booted off a gun collecting forum for daring to suggest that. Most people who shoot are actually in favor of gun control (registration, background checks, permits for some weapons, etc.), as long as it is "reasonable" ("reasonable" is, of course, a fit subject for debate).

But that isn't the public perception, for clear reasons.

Comment

I know this has been said before,but a Car is a lethal weapon in the wrong hands,and you need to be tested to allow you to drive. So having to show you can be trusted with a gun,and registering it so if it is used in a bad way,it can be traced seems pretty simple.
                        But nothing is simple here in the U.S. these days it seems..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I know this has been said before,but a Car is a lethal weapon in the wrong hands,and you need to be tested to allow you to drive. So having to show you can be trusted with a gun,and registering it so if it is used in a bad way,it can be traced seems pretty simple.
                          But nothing is simple here in the U.S. these days it seems..
                          It's actually far, far safer to shoot than it is to drive a car - follow, roughly, six simple rules and the chances of anybody coming to harm is close to zero. I can't even imagine how many rules there are to safe driving - and then you have to constantly worry about what the other drivers might be about to do.

But, yup, some training is those six rules sounds reasonable to me.

In Michigan, gun safety courses are required for (I think it's) 16 year olds, prior to getting a hunting license. Frankly, it's my opinion that anybody with a gun should have some kind of training in those six rules. What would it take? An hour or so. Fit price to pay for safety, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            You know, I love to shoot, and it's quite safe, if you follow a few simple rules.

But I do believe that the vocal gun nuts do more to harm the public's attitude toward my sport than actual events that take place in the world.
                            This. I am a gun owner, in a family of gun owners, that believe in gun laws.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

All of my THIS. I'm someone who's been shooting since they were 12. Before I even was allowed to hold it, my dad taught me a bunch of safety stuff, and I had to go out with him a few times to the range and not be allowed to shoot til he thought I was okay enough around them and understood the rules. As long as you're careful around them and don't do purposely stupid things, stuff like this shouldn't ever happen. The title of the link had me shaking my head and agreeing that a Darwin award is in order. A lot of people really don't understand it REALLY is very simple to be safe around guns....

They make them in pretty and girlie pink now, ya know...
                              Also, this made me laugh because I just got my first gun (that's mine alone, not a shared one between myself and my husband, or a hand down) and it's a Sig .22 Mosquito that's a dark shimmery purple :grin:
                              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                              sigpic

Comment

Now me wants a "grateful dead" shotgun with spinners on the sides....BTW,I have had guns and learned in service the safety rules..here in Jersey it is VERY hard to get a gun...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X