Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    When someone asks for money, do you give it to him/her?
    Nope, because I've never had enough to take care of my own needs - let alone someone else's. People understand. I give emotional support, it's free and it sometimes goes farther.

Comment

When someone asks for money, do you give it to him/her?
      I will lend money to those I trust to return it, but I will only give money to JP (it's rare that he's needed it, and he never asks, but I have a savings account that while he can't afford to pay into it, I consider to be emergency money for BOTH of us, so I make him take money from it if he's struggling), and mum, who is in severe poverty since being made redundant 5 years ago, and being too old to find a job, then developing depression that makes it even harder for her to find work because now she doesn't believe she's worth employing. I give my mum a set amount each week to cover her mortgage, I give her money before Christmas so she can afford to buy presents for the family and I am helping her to decorate her flat ready to put it on the market as soon as the dog passes away (he is what is keeping her trapped in that house. He urinates in the hall and on doors. He's ruined her carpets and paintwork so no one would buy the flat in the state it's in, he would also make it harder for her to rent somewhere as so many places don't allow pets. So it's not so much that I HAVE to give my mum this money, but had I not, Oscar would have had to be rehomed and as he's elderly and blind, I fear he'd have spent the rest of his days cold and afraid in a shelter.

I can't wait until she does finally move out of that flat that has become her prison. The first thing I'll do is book our flights to Japan, then save the money I used to give to my mum towards our spending money!

- - - Updated - - -

Who is your hero and why? (it can be fictional)
      My best friend, ex-girlfriend and former covenmate. She fell pregnant during uni so had to drop out to have the baby, then she returned to uni when her daughter was old enough to attend nursery, to finish her degree. She got a good 2:1 pass despite juggling uni with parenthood. She did a great job of raising her little girl too.

Then a few years ago she met a man who she later married. He was a wealthy man who had a secret double life. He turned out to be a monster and is now rotting in jail where he belongs, but he was arrested around the time my friend had his daughter. She was devastated and is still just picking up the pieces of her life. Yet she stayed strong for her two beautiful daughters and battled onward. She is so strong. Stronger and more determined than I could ever be. Despite all of this, she is still always at the end of the phone waiting to listen to my comparatively minor concerns.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What decision are you glad you made?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Guess no one likes that question. hmpf!

What's the whackiest belief you held as a child?

Comment

I'll answer it

To get married to K'Roe.

- - - Updated - - -

The nuns taught us that an angel sits on our right side, and a devil sits on our left side, so we should always leave roon on a chair to the right, but never to the left. Seriously.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

When I went up to get Sabrina (my female Yorkie), I was only intending to get her. However, I saw her brother and had to get him. I still am glad that I did get him, even though he is a little annoying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sw2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	352829

Wally is left, Sabrina right.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG! I believed that the TMNT were real. I still laugh at myself because of that.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

hm... I was terrified of the vampire mouse I thought lived in my closet ^^
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Leaving my ex.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Sorry, I'm hardly at my PC at all when I'm at home at the moment. Full of busy. I can't read dark coloured text on my phone because I use the black/green background. There was a post someone made in reply to something I wrote and half of it was black for some reason.. still dunno what they'd said to me. ^^

Anyway, a decision I'm glad I made would be getting into my current line of work. It was something I first wanted to do while I was a student, but was almost put off because people look down on support/care work as a menial job for people with low education. I went for it though, and I find it truly rewarding. I've been lucky enough to find a good job with a decent wage, that suits my lifestyle, while getting to make a real difference to the lives of others. I honestly don't think there are many alternative careers that would have made me as happy as this one does!

What's the whackiest belief you held as a child?[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I had so many. I guess thinking that I could turn into a mermaid was one of my finest.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That the pretend "games" I would play with my friends when we would attack made up aliens by punching and kicking thin air were real, and the aliens were really being fought against. And I believe that went all the way through 3rd or early 4th grade?

Comment

Tell us a truth and tell us a lie.

Comment

Tell us a truth and tell us a lie.
                          Truth - I hate living in Israel. Lie - I hate pizza.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                            Truth - I hate living in Israel. Lie - I hate pizza.
                            Lol. Do it again. Don't tell us which is which. Make us guess. It's sort of confessing without really fessing up. You can write down something and not be called on it because we won't know if it's true or not.

like dis...
                            I hate the story line that had Storm and Wolverine hooking up.
                            I hate the story line that had Mystique and Wolverine hooking up.

Which one is it? Only I know the truth! buwahahahaha

Comment

Me thinks you have a soap opera mind hidden in a deep dark place no one would dare explore...

Me thinks you are a secret fan of the Osmonds

Truly true,or falsey false..??????
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Lol. Do it again. Don't tell us which is which. Make us guess. It's sort of confessing without really fessing up. You can write down something and not be called on it because we won't know if it's true or not.

like dis...
                                I hate the story line that had Storm and Wolverine hooking up.
                                I hate the story line that had Mystique and Wolverine hooking up.

Which one is it? Only I know the truth! buwahahahaha
                                Oh ok. Let's see here...

I have a crazy taste in food.
                                I kiss our cat every day.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X