Music these days............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music these days............

Is it sad I've never met a single person my age who has EVER heard of Ozzy Osbourne??
    I think it's sad.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why people like these vulgar and insulting songs they have nowadays..... whatever happened to music that actually had meaning, that MEANT something to the writer, to the performer, to those who listened? Hell if I know.

What's your stance on todays' music?

(Keep in mind, I'm 16. Is it wierd I have a stack of old CD's my mom gave to me like Bon Jovi's older albums and The Phantom Of The Opera soundtrack that I listen to all the time on *gasps of horror and confusion* a portable CD player?)
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Re: Music these days............

Are you sure you are not VERY old,I am 68,and you sound like me about pop rock....and about some rap
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well, I'm a fan of Modern Talking, for instance. There is also Abba (which I feel neutral about), Afric Simone, Dschinghis Han (the old cast), Amanda Lir, Eruption, Bakara, Ottawan, Chilli..
      Those are old faces as well. Of course some of them are active even today. What I'm saying is that I'm not a fan of modern music, tbh.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Well, I'm a fan of Modern Talking, for instance. There is also Abba (which I feel neutral about), Afric Simone, Dschinghis Han (the old cast), Amanda Lir, Eruption, Bakara, Ottawan, Chilli..
        Those are old faces as well. Of course some of them are active even today. What I'm saying is that I'm not a fan of modern music, tbh.
        Yay I'm not alone!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Are you sure you are not VERY old,I am 68,and you sound like me about pop rock....and about some rap
        Well, my mother tells me I'm a 60 year old women in a 16 year old's body....... coupled with the fact my favorite shows are I Love Lucy and the Adams family I THINK she might be right.......

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
          Well, my mother tells me I'm a 60 year old women in a 16 year old's body....... coupled with the fact my favorite shows are I Love Lucy and the Adams family I THINK she might be right.......
          Don't pay attention. I was mocked for loving Modern Talking a couple of years ago.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Don't pay attention. I was mocked for loving Modern Talking a couple of years ago.
            Ah, I'm mocked too. It's okay though ^^ I'd rather have my nice music

Comment

Ozzy Osbourne???

Oh.

You mean Black Sabbath...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

4 month old song that I wouldn't call vulgar or insulting by any stretch of the imagination.

Music is everywhere, it varies from musician to musician, and there are more kinds and variations and genres out there than I could name in a day. Plus, new music is being made every single day on all genre fronts. If all you're hearing is the vulgar and insulting, perhaps it would be helpful to change the station or do some investigating on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Ozzy Osbourne???

Oh.

You one of dem Debble guys,and youse guys do terrible bad stuff to tiny animals too. I heard it on the Interweb....
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    4 month old song that I wouldn't call vulgar or insulting by any stretch of the imagination.

Music is everywhere, it varies from musician to musician, and there are more kinds and variations and genres out there than I could name in a day. Plus, new music is being made every single day on all genre fronts. If all you're hearing is the vulgar and insulting, perhaps it would be helpful to change the station or do some investigating on youtube.

Aheh, I know not ALL music is vulgar........ I just don't like it, and I find a lot of it to be vulgar- not ALL of course.....
                    I just prefer older rock, like Ozzy and Kiss and AC/DC, as well as musicals like Phantom, Carrie, and Jekyll to modern music...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post

Aheh, I know not ALL music is vulgar........ I just don't like it, and I find a lot of it to be vulgar- not ALL of course.....
                    I just prefer older rock, like Ozzy and Kiss and AC/DC, as well as musicals like Phantom, Carrie, and Jekyll to modern music...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Ozzy Osbourne???

Oh.

Well, not nescessarily. Ozzy has recorded many albums on his own. Crazy train, No More Tears, Gets Me Through, Bark at the Moon, Dreamer, those were all independant.

Comment

Really?
                      Do tell.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Really?
                        Do tell.
                        Ummm....... I was just ranting and sharing my opinion? This is the rant thread, right............

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                          Ummm....... I was just ranting and sharing my opinion? This is the rant thread, right............
                          Specifically I want to know how your music, what was is, Bon Jovi and Ozzy were full of meaning. Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Specifically I want to know how your music, what was is, Bon Jovi and Ozzy were full of meaning. Do tell.
                            Oh, alright. I'm sorry, I have a very hard time understanding a lot of the time.

I felt like I identified with them a lot, Ozzy Osbourne especially. Like the lyrics to dreamer, one of my favorite of his songs:

"Gazing through the window at the world outside
                            Wondering will mother earth survive
                            Hoping that mankind will stop abusing her sometime

After all there's only just the two of us
                            And here we are still fighting for our lives
                            Watching all of history repeat itself
                            Time after time

I'm just a dreamer
                            I dream my life away
                            I'm just a dreamer
                            Who dreams of better days

I watch the sun go down like everyone of us
                            I'm hoping that the dawn will bring a sign
                            A better place for those Who will come after us ...
                            This time

I'm just a dreamer
                            I dream my life away oh yeah
                            I'm just a dreamer

Your higher power may be God or Jesus Christ
                            It doesn't really matter much to me
                            Without each others help there ain't no hope for us
                            I'm living in a dream of fantasy

If only we could all just find serenity
                            It would be nice if we could live as one
                            When will all this anger, hate and bigotry ...
                            Be gone?

I'm just a dreamer
                            I dream my life away
                            Today
                            I'm just a dreamer
                            Okay
                            I'm just a dreamer
                            Who's searching for the way
                            Today
                            I'm just a dreamer
                            Dreaming my life away"

I just felt like I identified with a lot of the songs because I've always been the outsider, the odd one out, the weirdo in the corner with no friends because she won't talk to anyone, and I was terrified of my feelings, of what I believed, because of what I had been raised to think. And I saw that in those songs.
                            I saw myself in these songs becuase I saw other people who saw the evils in the world that I thought no one else cared to see, and even if they did didn't do anything about it......
                            They mean a lot to me, I listen to them when I'm about to cry, or when my Aspergers gets the best of me, or when I'm beating myself up about a mistake so much I want to bang my head against the wall or throw something at the mirror. I see my own anger and my fear, but also my pride, my happiness, and my eccentricity in these songs. That's why they have meaning.
                            They make me feel like I'm not alone.

And, I never meant to insult anyone with this thread.... I was just sharing my opinion...... so I apologize a thousand times if I insulted you in any way.....

Comment

No you didn't insult me. It's just..eh. I love Ozzy. I've seen him numerous times. I love heavy metal. I worked in a music store for 8 years and Hot Topic for 8. I have a wide range in music. That puts me in a special place to see from this vantage point of musical experience.

I've listened to many an Ozzy song that was just kinda...dumb. That's all. Everyone's music is special to them. Even the music of 'kids these days'. I mean I don't listen to the radio anymore. It's all old stuff (to me that is) Nin, Manson, Tool. And yes they have meaning. Meaning so deep Tool can't even explain what they hell they are talking about. But then they do a song like Satan's egg and well, it all goes out the door. Some new music is quite good. I adore Florence and the Machine for one. And I won't lie, I own every Nsync album and a Britney Spears greatest hit.

Let's not forget the Beatles are classified as solid POP.

Comment

Working...
                              X