Advanced Occultism, Elitism, and More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advanced Occultism, Elitism, and More

Hands the Duce her diploma from the school of hard knocks....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
      But wisdom cannot be wisdom if it is not in some way truth.
      I am inclined to agree with you. However, it depends on what you define by "wisdom" and "truth".

By reading that phrase I cannot help but feel that we have walked in the same shoes once, metaphorically speaking. I was however on the other end of the quest for knowledge's spectrum, just starting to question things instead of trying to reach the very depths that seem to elude you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Wisdom often transcends truth.
        Truth sometimes has not a shred of wisdom in it.
        I disagree. There is always something to be learned from the truth no matter how seemingly inconsequential. The smallest things are often staggeringly profound. If there is one thing I have learned, spiritual powers suffuse the universe and thus it is in everything if you know where to look. Some truths just happen to be a tad more profound than others.

I seek the writings of others because they are the reflections of their wisdom, the parts of the truth they have internalized. Humans are capable of falsehood, but no human can claim to know everything.
        Last edited by Riothamus12; 07 Aug 2015, 15:45.

Comment

I disagree. There is always something to be learned from the truth no matter how seemingly inconsequential. The smallest things are often staggeringly profound. If there is one thing I have learned, spiritual powers suffuse the universe and thus it is in everything if you know where to look. Some truths just happen to be a tad more profound than others.

I seek the writings of others because they are the reflections of their wisdom, the parts of the truth they have internalized. Humans are capable of falsehood, but no human can claim to know everything.
          Just me perhaps but it seems you keep confusing wisdom with knowledge and the application / validation of that knowledge from a theoretical and functional application. The more knowledge and experience you add the more your truths and derived wisdom changes. Yet the critical analysis applied to your knowledge and results is what derives your truths and that is always corrupted by your own biases and weighting of your analysis.

As such a person's truth does not have to be a valid truth nor a truth that is testable and verifiable. Corrupted conclusions and / or data sets will result in corrupted or biased wisdom, expectations and conclusions.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Just me perhaps but it seems you keep confusing wisdom with knowledge and the application / validation of that knowledge from a theoretical and functional application. The more knowledge and experience you add the more your truths and derived wisdom changes. Yet the critical analysis applied to your knowledge and results is what derives your truths and that is always corrupted by your own biases and weighting of your analysis.

As such a person's truth does not have to be a valid truth nor a truth that is testable and verifiable. Corrupted conclusions and / or data sets will result in corrupted or biased wisdom, expectations and conclusions.
            There is no confusion. Despite how one may define them, I do not see them as different things. It often seems as if one is splitting hairs when one tries to separate them. True wisdom cannot be biased. Results can be biased, but true wisdom never is. A corrupted conclusion cannot be wisdom if it is corrupt. That is falsehood.

The other thing is that the truth is always complicated. Nothing in this universe is simple. It is vast, varied, and often strange to those who do not have a proper conscious understanding. People often think the way of the universe is a set of simple guidelines when instead it's more akin to the rather complex tax codes out there where one thing modifies another, the application varies by scenario, and any number of factors may alter how it applies.
            Last edited by Riothamus12; 07 Aug 2015, 17:35.

Comment

There is no confusion. Despite how one may define them, I do not see them as different things. It often seems as if one is splitting hairs when one tries to separate them. True wisdom cannot be biased. Results can be biased, but true wisdom never is. A corrupted conclusion cannot be wisdom if it is corrupt. That is falsehood.

The other thing is that the truth is always complicated. Nothing in this universe is simple. It is vast, varied, and often strange to those who do not have a proper conscious understanding. People often think the way of the universe is a set of simple guidelines when instead it's more akin to the rather complex tax codes out there where one thing modifies another, the application varies by scenario, and any number of factors may alter how it applies.
              For me they clearly are two different things. it's the same difference between having knowledge and how that knowledge is applied and experienced. One might have all the book knowledge in the world but have no practical application of that knowledge in a working environment. Any result is a truth to the observer thus not a falsehood for it is truth to their conclusions and tests of their conclusions.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

You know, returning to the original post. I suspect you're not actually seeking the truth/wisdom/advanced occultism at all. I think you feel you've already found it.
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  You know, returning to the original post. I suspect you're not actually seeking the truth/wisdom/advanced occultism at all. I think you feel you've already found it.
                  There is always more to find. One must always keep seeking because there is always more. There is much I have found, but still much I have not. I am always seeking those things. Those who say otherwise do not understand. If I felt I had already found all of it, there would be no point in asking. All inquiries would be rendered moot which they clearly are not.
                  Last edited by Riothamus12; 08 Aug 2015, 14:02.

Comment

Working...
                  X