GMO animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMO animals

I think we should learn to take care of what we already have before we start engineering new things... The first thing that comes to my mind when we talk about GMO engineering is Jurassic Park. We as humans are selfish to our own gains and really don't care about who or what we are damaging as long as we get our end result.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Thing is,it may already be to late.
      Real-Life 'Jurassic World' Dinos May Be 10 Years Off, Scientist Says
      http://www.livescience.com/51219-jur...-breeding.html
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh I am more then aware of what is not far off. We can't wait to create or recreate new life but we can't take care of what we have. We are destroying this planet almost gleefully and people want to go and see what new life i.e. gmo animals they can make. We are not gods and close minded as I may sound have no business playing like them.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Problem is Kaly,we are not in charge....the ones that do these things would never listen no matter how loud we scream...that is until they are screaming as they are running from a T-Rex...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

An absolute ban? No

Extremely regulated? Yes

It's like nuclear power. Potentially high reward with high risk. You develop procedures to mitigate the risk. You enforce those procedures with extreme prejudice and then you move along slowly monitoring along the way to see if you need to change your procedures.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Just musing...T-rex Burger hmmm with a little mustard and relish maybe...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                An absolute ban? No

Extremely regulated? Yes
                I confess I disagree. Nuclear weapons must not exist at all. If anyone uses them... It will be horrible. Only trouble. As for GMO usage... There are always exceptions where people use them for fun or out of interest.
                For instance potatoes - there are ordinary ones, white and red ones. I want to say apples but I'm not sure. However.. It happens with animals. I mean, why? There are always side effects when people deal with it.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You should know Gleb there are purple potatoes and other colors as well
                  http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/ga...ored-varieties

- - - Updated - - -

These BTW were not GMO,just verity

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    You should know Gleb there are purple potatoes and other colors as well
                    Hearst, Hearst Magazines, Good Housekeeping, Good Housekeeping Magazine, Jane Francisco, Good Housekeeping Institute, Good Housekeeping Seal, Seal of Approval, Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval

- - - Updated - - -

These BTW were not GMO,just verity
                    Good gods...
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      here comes Super Chicken.....

https://youtu.be/FKss2pBYQ6Y
                      I love Super Chicken! And, if you just let that youtube play, "George of the Jungle" is next!

As to GMO, I say no. Just no.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        I confess I disagree. Nuclear weapons must not exist at all. If anyone uses them... It will be horrible. Only trouble. As for GMO usage... There are always exceptions where people use them for fun or out of interest.
                        For instance potatoes - there are ordinary ones, white and red ones. I want to say apples but I'm not sure. However.. It happens with animals. I mean, why? There are always side effects when people deal with it.
                        I said nuclear power not nuclear weaponry. They aren't the same. As for the value of nuclear weapons, it's an argument I've been through before and don't see a point in revisiting.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You say GMO animals are wrong, but what about GMO veggies and fruits? There's really no difference except for the fact that we have come to value animal life over plant life due to the fact that animals are obviously sentient (that's a whole discussion right there, but let's just leave it at that for this purpose). If you say genetically modified anything is wrong, theoretically you should feel that way about applying it to all things. So it is then wrong to tweak a potato so that it is the size of your head, and contains a massive amount of the dietary needs we require with just a few bites? Or to create them so that they can survive without as much water, thus making it more cost effective, easier to produce, and easier to transport so that more food can be gotten to more people?

As for the t-rex thing, I'd think that you could make one hell of a bbq drumstick out of those guys, like those turkey legs you can get at fairs.

Comment

Was indeed thinking about that drumstick...they are related to chickens right?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I just read an article discussing what dinosaur meat would taste like.

Tyrannosaurus rex may have been a cannibal, according to research released on Friday. A team of paleontologists has discovered T. rex bones with giant...

Comment

Yeh...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X